OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Apr 16, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #902 of 4,883
Got my Signature Pro yesterday. Sounds wonderful but a little bit bright on oppo...
Will order a custom cable. I think litz copper should help with brightness but not silver..

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #903 of 4,883
ultrasone headphones generally tend have a sharper treble and brighter sound sig tho I have not had the pleasure of trying the signature series. I know the sig dj is a more v-shaped version of the sig pro though. just fyi :)

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #904 of 4,883
Just a heads up. I got the TTVJ micro usb cable today. I like the way the right angle connectors are rotated 180 degrees. It makes the stack with a phone very neat. Unfortunately my HTC DNA with android 4.4.2 would not see the HA-2. USB Audio Player PRO would not see it either. With the OPPO cable, all was good. The HA-2 was definitely charging from the phone with the TTVJ cable. I tried swapping ends (they say the RED end goes to the phone). Still no go. At least with the red end plugged inot the phone, it said it was in OTG mode...

Too bad, I really like the cable layout.  I may have the Galaxy s6 tomorrow. I will give it a try, but I am not optimistic.

Has anyone else got the TTVJ cable? Got it to work ..with or without charging the HA-2?

I posted some pages back that it works fine with my Note 4, red OTG end has to be in the phone, as it's the only one that has the altered pin arrangement to signal the phone to switch into host mode. Samsung phones output a lot more power than most others into connected devices, that might be where it is falling down for you? If you try with a powered USB hub you can test that.

The HA-2 does draw power from the phone with the TTVJ cable, and the power drain is fairly immense, much higher than I have experienced with other DACs.

+1 for Mimic Cables, used them before for OTG cables.

Apr 16, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #906 of 4,883
^ Also get yourself kero nomad lightning cable, great little number more compact than the oppo.

Thanks a lot for the recommendation.
happy_face1.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #907 of 4,883
I don't think that anyone has liked the bass boost so far. For me the bass becomes boomy and muddy with it, so I won't use it.

I would have thought discussing cables and connectors for the HA-2 in relation to some of its transport pairings was relevant?

Apr 18, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #911 of 4,883
Hi qsk78,

With the following post, you've got me excited with your report that this cable allows the Sony NWZ-A10 series DAPs to provide a digital signal to the HA-2 (without using the expensive and clumsy Sony WMC-NWH10 cable with a regular USB A Male to USB Micro B male cable):

For Sony A15 users. This Chinese cable works!

In the Sony NWZ-A10 thread, however, you posted that this cable did not work:

I've tried this cable I bought for my pha-3 to connect the A15 to OPPO HA-2 - does not work...but it does with the pha-3

And in this post from the Sony thread, you're saying you went with the Sony PHA-1a instead of the OPPO HA-2 (because that cable didn't work with the HA-2 and you didn't want to use this cumbersome solution):

That's why I have ordered the pha-1a instead
wink.gif

I've read ahead in both threads, carefully reading all of your subsequent posts, but I don't see a retraction in either thread.  

As of this posting, readers of the Sony NWZ-A10 thread have been told this cable doesn't work with the HA-2, but readers of this thread have been told it does work with the HA-2.

Which is it?

Thanks!

Mike

Apr 18, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #912 of 4,883
The anticipation is killing me! its suppose to be here today maybe Monday. I will be getting the Oppo PM-3 to audition with this soon as I'm part of there tour. Joining tours is a bad thing as I have no resistance and end up buying it later on.

Apr 18, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #913 of 4,883
  Any iOS users here? What app do you use for flacs?

I have been using VLC for years on all of my platforms. Easy Peasy….

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

I don't think that anyone has liked the bass boost so far. For me the bass becomes boomy and muddy with it, so I won't use it.

I would have thought discussing cables and connectors for the HA-2 in relation to some of its transport pairings was relevant?

I use the bass boost for watching Netflix through my Riva Turbo speaker while watching movies/TV cop shows in bed. Mac digital out>Oppo>Line Out>speaker. Provides a better listening
experience using lower late night volumes on less than desirable streaming audio.

Apr 19, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #914 of 4,883

In the Sony NWZ-A10 thread, however, you posted that this cable did not work:

And in this post from the Sony thread, you're saying you went with the Sony PHA-1a instead of the OPPO HA-2 (because that cable didn't work with the HA-2 and you didn't want to use this cumbersome solution):

I've read ahead in both threads, carefully reading all of your subsequent posts, but I don't see a retraction in either thread.  

As of this posting, readers of the Sony NWZ-A10 thread have been told this cable doesn't work with the HA-2, but readers of this thread have been told it does work with the HA-2.

Which is it?

Thanks!

Mike

Well, that was my mistake, which I discovered later (it has happend after I wrote those posts). I should have probably to delete those posts...

I connect the player which plays music and switch sources between A, B and C and listen - nothing was coming out from the headphones. But the thing was that player stops playing when you switch it to B. So the player goes to PAUSE. I just did not notice  that (did not look at the player's screen) and thought the cable does not work. The solution was to press PLAY again on the player.
biggrin.gif

So I CONFIRM THAT THE CABLE DOES WORK- I wrote an email to OPPO support - they will verify it, just wait.

One more thing.

I was ordering it for PHA-3. There is the 2nd option for PHA-2 as well so I don't know if it works in case they make it for pha-2.

Apr 19, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #915 of 4,883
I am experiencing exactly same problem with the lighting to USB connector for iphone6. hadn't done the experiment yet of trying Apples longer cable nor any after market. problem showed up about 3 weeks in as well. will be calling Oppo. more later

Users who are viewing this thread

Back