OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Apr 14, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #886 of 4,883
I will also order one to try with zx-1. Thanks for your info

I have contacted the OPPO as well. They will double check it and will provide their feedback on this cable.

Apr 14, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #887 of 4,883
Apr 15, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #888 of 4,883
How does the OPPO compare to tha pha3? Im considering both, i can get the sony for around 250 off retail, but im not sure if the hassle of going balanced on my uerm would be worth it.

PHA-3 balanced will definitely outperform the HA-2 -  wider and deeper sound stage, cleaner, more air, perfect bass control

but PHA-3 unbalanced will not to my ears. Even the HA-2 sounds better here since it has more power than the unbalanced pha output.

Today I have XBA-Z5, Focal Spirit Pro and today my Ultrasone Signature Pro will come. I have sold my Z7 recently. 

So it makes sense to buy the pha-3 in case all your headphones will be balanced, if not just go with the HA-2.

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #890 of 4,883
Is it possible to drive 2 pairs of headphones/iems from this device does anyone know?

cannot. only one headphone out.

Apr 15, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #891 of 4,883
Apr 15, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #892 of 4,883
Somewhere on this site I found a link to these OTG cables. I ordered 3 and delivery from Switzerland was very quick. Unaware of the power drain issue I simply wanted micro USB on both ends for convenience. My Oppo micro USB cable is somewhere at home and I was using a regular OTG cable at work. While the power drain was very annoying, I thought it was normal. As it turns out these cables are like the supplied Oppo OTG cable, but a little longer and no power drain.

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #894 of 4,883
  Somewhere on this site I found a link to these OTG cables. I ordered 3 and delivery from Switzerland was very quick. Unaware of the power drain issue I simply wanted micro USB on both ends for convenience. My Oppo micro USB cable is somewhere at home and I was using a regular OTG cable at work. While the power drain was very annoying, I thought it was normal. As it turns out these cables are like the supplied Oppo OTG cable, but a little longer and no power drain.

can get a custom cable from mimic-cables that doe not drain power. very competitive pricing for custom cables. probably among the lowest I found personally find. if anyone has any other recommendations, I would be happy to hear em :)

Apr 15, 2015 at 1:20 PM Post #895 of 4,883
On the cable issue i have personal expereience that lightning cables degrade rapidly over time and use - obviously you get what you pay for and the $5 cable from the gas station is not high qaulity but I find these cable start to show - not charging errors - with-in a couple months.

Now this week I am getting my first problems with Apple cables - having to flip the connector over to get the device to connect or charge - I am  concerned that this is going to be a short coming of the connector in future. This is based on having lightning cables for multiple phones and ipads.

I don't think it will be long before more people are suffering problems with the Oppo supplied cable - we will wait and see.

Edit for spelling

Apr 15, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #898 of 4,883
Depends on the destination and shipping method. Shipping to the East Coast would be 5 business days (starting with the day after the product ships) using FedEx Ground.

Apr 15, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #900 of 4,883

Just a heads up. I got the TTVJ micro usb cable today. I like the way the right angle connectors are rotated 180 degrees. It makes the stack with a phone very neat. Unfortunately my HTC DNA with android 4.4.2 would not see the HA-2. USB Audio Player PRO would not see it either. With the OPPO cable, all was good. The HA-2 was definitely charging from the phone with the TTVJ cable. I tried swapping ends (they say the RED end goes to the phone). Still no go. At least with the red end plugged inot the phone, it said it was in OTG mode...

Too bad, I really like the cable layout.  I may have the Galaxy s6 tomorrow. I will give it a try, but I am not optimistic.

Has anyone else got the TTVJ cable? Got it to work ..with or without charging the HA-2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back