OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
May 16, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #1,232 of 4,883
I agree with this statement.

the ha-2 definitely does not add any additional warmth to the sound signature if that is what you are looking for. i personally really enjoy the ha-2, but ymmv of course :)

Count me in. Basically no colouring, but energy. Its that invisible thing you KNOW is there, but you can only feel it, in particular when its gone. Oh, and it sports a wonderfully, crystal clear soundstage.

May 16, 2015 at 10:59 AM Post #1,234 of 4,883

It says https:// so i know it's a secure encrypted connection, buuuut.... it doesn't becomes Green-colored as it does with my Bnaking website... the certificate info in fact says Oppo digital but also says Go daddy root certificate... mmmm

I have 35 servers out there with certs on them, We purchased the certificates through Godaddy. They have my company name on the certs and use the Godaddy root cert. This is normal behavior.
I bought my HA-2 from them. At least in my case there was no problem. I have also bought other things from them with considerably higher price tags...
What browser are you using?

May 16, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #1,235 of 4,883
Hmm. Interesting. Just picked up some HD650's. While my PS1000's didnt benefit at all by the bass boost, but rather lost its forte (big, bright soundstage with lots of details), the 650's seem to benefit greatly from it, without messing up the sound at all.

Quite contrary, they seem to benefit greatly from the added low frequency boost, which is great for electronic music with lots of bass, both in terms of kick drum and analogue bass lines. I think that this is a perfect match, since the 650's are somewhat recessed in the low frequency areas, and now I get really full and controlled bass without it sounding boomy or overly dominating (and it doesnt seem to take away the high or mid frequencies, like in the case of the ps1000's). Wow, what an excellent coincidence! That said, growing older I tend to enjoy less and less amounts of bass, so I think perhaps I will only enable the extra bass for those occasions I want to feel or study the bass in particular. Still, its good to have that option, and its nice to know my 650' can pull off an impressive amount of bass, if I want to.

Also, in terms of the low/high gain, I can now clearly hear a difference in the kick drum signature, and the ducking effect most electronic music employ nowadays. On high setting, there is a quite noticable sense of punch, or perhaps "sucking effect", almost too much at high volume levels. On low gain setting, the bass feels more controlled and less bordering on boomy, but works somewhat better on higher volume levels to get that sense of "holy moly!".

All in all, I find it extremely interesting to try out this amp in a completely different environment, and its nice to see it does an excellent job of driving all my current phones at crystal clear resolutions, despite the fact that they are very different.

May 16, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #1,236 of 4,883

I have 35 servers out there with certs on them, We purchased the certificates through Godaddy. They have my company name on the certs and use the Godaddy root cert. This is normal behavior.
I bought my HA-2 from them. At least in my case there was no problem. I have also bought other things from them with considerably higher price tags...
What browser are you using?

I am Using IE11, bouhgt it nd gave me more confidence on oppo as they solicitated my card scan to prevent fraud, it's being shipped to me, haven't tracket it yet

arrived at SF airport

May 16, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #1,237 of 4,883
  I am Using IE11, bouhgt it nd gave me more confidence on oppo as they solicitated my card scan to prevent fraud, it's being shipped to me, haven't tracket it yet

arrived at SF airport

I think that you will be happy that you bought it!

May 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #1,238 of 4,883
 I think that you will be happy that you bought it!

Yes WOOOOOT , just praying that the mexican post systems works fast this time
biggrin.gif
 unlike wehn i bought my comply foamies which took two months to arrive :D

May 16, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #1,239 of 4,883
Small update: I generally find that running at low gain with volume knob at higher levels, no bass boost, gives the cleanest, "semi-bassy" results on my 650's. On high gain, running with bass boost at lower volume knob levels, gives a really full bass experience (lots of air pressure), which can be good for certain songs, but pushes the vocal a bit backwards in the soundstage. Seems to be very dependent on the genre and expression, but I find that low gain setting gives me the best results, even if these are 300 ohm phones. Oh, and regarding the low/high gain discussion; I find the differences VERY audible, and it supports the "if you can get a loud enough signal on low gain, use that", argument

May 16, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #1,240 of 4,883
hey does or has anyone used the line out into another amp? I use my CLAS-R to various amps, want to know what the DAC alone sounds like in comparison to the CLAS? the CLAS has a warmer sound signiture, and people have made comments as to the HA being on the brite side? wondering if the majority of that "brighterness" is from the amp section itself? and how the dac alone sound signiture might be?

awe hell I'm probably gonna get it in the end anyways? I want to pair it with the HP-V1, the slimmer size will help for a portable rig set up, vs. the thicker CLAS, call me silly but a huge portable rig slung around my neck never bothers me, I scare little children, or folks think its a portable o2 tank, lol, my pov is it's a small price for my great audio therapy!

May 17, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #1,242 of 4,883
hey does or has anyone used the line out into another amp? I use my CLAS-R to various amps, want to know what the DAC alone sounds like in comparison to the CLAS? the CLAS has a warmer sound signiture, and people have made comments as to the HA being on the brite side? wondering if the majority of that "brighterness" is from the amp section itself? and how the dac alone sound signiture might be?

awe hell I'm probably gonna get it in the end anyways? I want to pair it with the HP-V1, the slimmer size will help for a portable rig set up, vs. the thicker CLAS, call me silly but a huge portable rig slung around my neck never bothers me, I scare little children, or folks think its a portable o2 tank, lol, my pov is it's a small price for my great audio therapy!

The moment you have a HP V1 the total size is already compromised. Haha.

I have both the CLAS (db version) and HA2. And yes, the CLAS gives an overal more warmer sound, and also slightly better dynamics and slam. The HA2 is more airier and brighter, and no slouch in its own right either. If youre gonna get a stack it depends on your source and budget. If its an ipod, stick with the clas. If your budget is restricted, get the HA2. :)

May 17, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #1,243 of 4,883
Small update: I generally find that running at low gain with volume knob at higher levels, no bass boost, gives the cleanest, "semi-bassy" results on my 650's. On high gain, running with bass boost at lower volume knob levels, gives a really full bass experience (lots of air pressure), which can be good for certain songs, but pushes the vocal a bit backwards in the soundstage. Seems to be very dependent on the genre and expression, but I find that low gain setting gives me the best results, even if these are 300 ohm phones. Oh, and regarding the low/high gain discussion; I find the differences VERY audible, and it supports the "if you can get a loud enough signal on low gain, use that", argument

I agree. I somehow always go back to Low Gain and Bass+ Off. Best balanced sound. I mostly use it with ciems anyways. But High gain with the VE6 was fun.

May 17, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,244 of 4,883
The moment you have a HP V1 the total size is already compromised. Haha.

I have both the CLAS (db version) and HA2. And yes, the CLAS gives an overal more warmer sound, and also slightly better dynamics and slam. The HA2 is more airier and brighter, and no slouch in its own right either. If youre gonna get a stack it depends on your source and budget. If its an ipod, stick with the clas. If your budget is restricted, get the HA2.
smily_headphones1.gif

ain't that the truth, I already have the P1, lol, I have yet to mod my pouch to accomidate it's size and vents,

thanks for the input, I have been on the fence over the HA, almost hit the purchase button a dozen times already? ggrrr,

I've read thru page 45 of this thread, and haven't really read any impressions on how the dac alone sounds? or in comparrison to other dac/amp combos? I love how the CLAS>P1 sound immensely, thru my ASG-2s!

looking for a smaller footprint, though the HA is longer by quit a bit? it would help with the cramming it all into a pouch along with the P1? lol,

awe hell at $300 looks like I'm gonna get it and find out for myself, sound is ssooo subjective, ggrrr ugh, lol, then I guess I can post some comaprrisons of my own, be the change you want to see? lol,

does Oppo have a return policy? I tried looking only really found was about warrenty?

thanks for the input Sentinel92

May 17, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #1,245 of 4,883
ain't that the truth, I already have the P1, lol, I have yet to mod my pouch to accomidate it's size and vents,

thanks for the input, I have been on the fence over the HA, almost hit the purchase button a dozen times already? ggrrr,

I've read thru page 45 of this thread, and haven't really read any impressions on how the dac alone sounds? or in comparrison to other dac/amp combos? I love how the CLAS>P1 sound immensely, thru my ASG-2s!

looking for a smaller footprint, though the HA is longer by quit a bit? it would help with the cramming it all into a pouch along with the P1? lol,

awe hell at $300 looks like I'm gonna get it and find out for myself, sound is ssooo subjective, ggrrr ugh, lol, then I guess I can post some comaprrisons of my own, be the change you want to see? lol,

does Oppo have a return policy? I tried looking only really found was about warrenty?

thanks for the input Sentinel92

Ah, you already have the P1. I almost got it too, but the MK3B came along. The lush slightly warm sound and epic bass won me over. Haha.

DAC wise, the HA2 is slightly bright, but otherwise neutral and full sound with a tiny mid/mid bass bump. Cant exactly tell 100% since the final output is messed by the amp and CIEM. But the 9018K2M sound is consistant. The Aurender Flow, despite being more competent, controlled and has higher detail retrival, the sound signature isnt that much different from the HA2.

But here is the thing, HA2 is meant as a full portable. It can power the ASG2 by itself, on the go with a tiny footprint in your wallet. Not sure about how return policies work in the US since im halfway across the planet. Haha.

But for $300 there is no complaints. One if the best purchases for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back