OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
May 18, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #1,266 of 4,883
What IEMs or headphones are you using?

Etymotic HF5, Grado PS1000i, Sennheiser HD650 and Takstar pro 80.

I find the SNR on this amp to be excellent, to be honest. The only noise I ever heard was when connecting via mini jack from a Samsung TV, and turning the volume up on the HA2. BUT interestingly the amp helped remove the hiss by turning the vol down on the amp, then up on the TV itself. Directly from the headphone output, there was a loud, steady and annoying hiss, no matter what level I put the TV volume at.

May 18, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #1,267 of 4,883
  I do hear hiss with my IM02's on low gain. Kind of a bummer, but my phone doesn't have any issue driving my IEM's. 

The hissing only happens on my IEM's on low gain when I blast my volume to ungodly setting (3 - 5 on the volume knob).  My IEM's ( Shure 535 and Kaiser Noble 6)  are happy getting driven on .5-2 setting depending from the source ( Note Edge, Oneplus One, Nexus 6, Mac, Ipod and Ipad) 

May 19, 2015 at 12:44 PM Post #1,270 of 4,883
Just recieved the 2nd Music Heaven cable to replace the broken one and it also works fine.
Can make a short video to prove if needed. 
So I don't know why the cable Oppo got from them did not work (wrong configuration?). Any update on this?

May 19, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #1,271 of 4,883
Anyone use the HA-2 with the HFM HE-400 or 400i? I'd primarily use IEMs with it but am looking for something that could provide enough power for full sized headphones if needed. Had a Geek Out V2 pre ordered but I don't want to deal with LH Labs, just a slimy, scummy company in general. The HA-2 looks like a nice alternative!

May 19, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #1,272 of 4,883
  Anyone use the HA-2 with the HFM HE-400 or 400i? I'd primarily use IEMs with it but am looking for something that could provide enough power for full sized headphones if needed. Had a Geek Out V2 pre ordered but I don't want to deal with LH Labs, just a slimy, scummy company in general. The HA-2 looks like a nice alternative!

I use mine with my H400i sometimes, drives them great! More than enough power to induce hearing damage if you want :)

May 19, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #1,273 of 4,883
  I use mine with my H400i sometimes, drives them great! More than enough power to induce hearing damage if you want :)

That's good news! Do you use the bass boost with them at all? I already have the HE-400 which has more than enough bass, maybe too much for me. I was looking at the 400i because I think it'll have a sound signature I prefer more but am looking for something that could cleanly add some extra bass if I'm in the mood.

May 19, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #1,274 of 4,883

That's good news! Do you use the bass boost with them at all? I already have the HE-400 which has more than enough bass, maybe too much for me. I was looking at the 400i because I think it'll have a sound signature I prefer more but am looking for something that could cleanly add some extra bass if I'm in the mood.

I don't really use the bass boost all that much, the 400i is just about where I like my bass: present and detailed.

May 19, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #1,275 of 4,883
  I don't really use the bass boost all that much, the 400i is just about where I like my bass: present and detailed.

Good to hear, I'm working on a local deal for the HE-400i. I felt like the bass on the 400 ate a bit too much into the midrange so it looks like the 400i will be good without a bass boost. Now to save for the HA-2!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back