OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Aug 7, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #3,541 of 4,883
  There is but it is hard to find short ones: https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-USB-C-Braided-Jacket/dp/B00UUBRX0Y?ie=UTF8&gclid=CjwKEAjwz4u9BRCbioK3stnBznESJADA75xbRGGw1rwnCWNhcspBKiXtM-CjZLO4QxN2bwMWa8kwdBoC_cPw_wcB&redirect=true
Then there is adapters: https://www.amazon.com/TechMatte-Connector-Resistor-Approved-Standard/dp/B0151RKYBG

If you can nit find short cables you might need to cut a longer one down to size and try to splice the wires back together. The other issue is do you still need an OTG type cable for USB-C.

Cheers! Might try the braided cable or this one I just found also - just worried they'll suck all the juice from the phone since it's not a proper OTG?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0119MWJL0/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A294P4X9EWVXLJ

Some reviews said this worked with the HA-2 but work and work properly are 2 different things.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #3,542 of 4,883
I'm ready to pull the trigger on this guy. I *think* I should be fine with my Galaxy S6 connected via OTG but just wanted to make sure. And will I still be able to play Spotify offline music using the Oppo DAC?

I have Note 4, and Spotify works flawlessly. However, if you use any kind of USB Audio Player (UAPP, Hibby, Onkyo, etc) and then try to play from Spotify, you need to disconnect and reconnect the cable to play from Spotify. It's because of the player's driver taking over the phone's.

Aug 7, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #3,543 of 4,883
I have Note 4, and Spotify works flawlessly. However, if you use any kind of USB Audio Player (UAPP, Hibby, Onkyo, etc) and then try to play from Spotify, you need to disconnect and reconnect the cable to play from Spotify. It's because of the player's driver taking over the phone's.

Thanks for this. I've read that Android upsamples before sending to the DAC. Do you hear any negative affects to this? It almost seems like I'm better off getting an iDevice to avoid all these Android issues even though I do prefer the latter ecosystem.

Aug 7, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #3,545 of 4,883
I'm using mine w/ my Nexus 6. Quite similar to the Moto X.

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #3,549 of 4,883
Thanks for this. I've read that Android upsamples before sending to the DAC. Do you hear any negative affects to this? It almost seems like I'm better off getting an iDevice to avoid all these Android issues even though I do prefer the latter ecosystem.
You're welcome. Nope, Android devices don't upsample before sending to the DAC when you use dedicated player apps. If your question was regarding Spotify, I'm not completely sure if it does or not. But I don't listen to Spotify that much using HA-2, so I can't really say... I'll listen more and let you know.

Aug 7, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #3,550 of 4,883
You're welcome. Nope, Android devices don't upsample before sending to the DAC when you use dedicated player apps. If your question was regarding Spotify, I'm not completely sure if it does or not. But I don't listen to Spotify that much using HA-2, so I can't really say... I'll listen more and let you know.

Great. Thanks again. Any insight regarding Spotify playback would be very helpful to me since that's my main source of music!

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #3,551 of 4,883

What steps did you take to enable the oppo to work with your phone? I am having significant issues trying to get this to work using the stock cable that the HA2 came with. Trying to get it to work with a Oneplus 3.

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #3,552 of 4,883
  What steps did you take to enable the oppo to work with your phone? I am having significant issues trying to get this to work using the stock cable that the HA2 came with. Trying to get it to work with a Oneplus 3.

OTG cables are directional, in that one plug has 5 pins connected, and the other plug has 4 pins connected.
Some people do experience issues because they accidently insert the plug intended for the phone, into the oppo instead.

All they need to do is try reversing the cable, and insert the plug into the phone. If that now works ok, just mark the plug in some way, so that you can connect the cable correctly in future.

Aug 8, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #3,553 of 4,883

With the oneplus 3 you need to enable the otg function (in storage&usb->the 3 small dots in the upper right corner). Also if you are using an adapter (for usb type c) that doesn't support otg most likely. Make sure you use a valid otg cable.

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #3,554 of 4,883
I emailed Oppo last night to see what they would recommend me to do with moving to the Note 7 and USB Type C. They sent me a link to a Belkin cable that is the USB 2.0 - USB Type C (Mixit) and said that it should work.
Guess I'll give that a go next week!

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #3,555 of 4,883
Hello, 

Just purchased the HA-2 to go along with my MBPr and iPhone 6s + at the office. The question I had was if anyone is using iOS 10 beta with their devices? 

The reason I'm asking is because I'm hearing quite a bit of static/choppiness listening to any song via iTunes Music + music completely stopping/device disconnected. (Still trying the airplane solution that was brought up in previous threads but can't have my iPhone offline for reasons that most can understand) 

Using the HA-2 with my MBPr - I have not had any issues using the cable provided by OPPO both on macOS/Windows. 

I've used both cables (USB>Lighting) provided by OPPO along with the Zeskit Lightning cable that has been showcased throughout this forum with the same outcome.

(Reading 20 or so pages back, it seems others ran into this issue with iOS 9 beta so I might roll back my iPhone just to see if the issue resolves itself?)

On top of that, if my iPhone goes idle 5/7 minutes (stop/pause) the HA-2 goes offline and I have to turn off/on to re-engage connectivity? Is this normal? 

Figured I would leave a comment on the board and see if anyone is running into the same issue as I am. Most likely reach out to OPPO but wanted to cover my bases. Seems like they have a strong customer support team and hope to have this resolved before my trip next week.

It's been a pleasure to read everything that is available on head-fi boards and this being my first DAC/AMP purchase, I'm pretty excited! 

Cheers. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back