OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Jul 6, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #1,606 of 4,883
Coming back to Chinese cables from Music Heaven for Sony NWZ A10 Series. Now I know two persons who bought these cables and they don’t work.

From the other hand there are three more people who could manage the connection successfully. I personally had two of them and they both were working fine.
All cables look similar but some of them work and some of them don’t. We could not understand the reason yet..
Different versions of the HA-2?

Jul 6, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #1,607 of 4,883
Coming back to Chinese cables from Music Heaven for Sony NWZ A10 Series. Now I know two persons who bought these cables and the don’t work.

From the other hand there are three more people who could manage the connection successfully. I personally had two of them and the both were working fine.

All cables look similar but some of them work and some of them don’t. We could not understand the reason yet..

Can you provide links, please?

Thanks!

Jul 6, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #1,608 of 4,883
Can you provide links, please?

Thanks!

These people are from Russian forum http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=144932&page=6

This particular cable works http://player.ru/showthread.php?t=144932&p=1652887&viewfull=1#post1652887

Or you are talking about the link to anything else?

Jul 6, 2015 at 2:11 AM Post #1,609 of 4,883
I'm one of those persons who's cable does not work. My OPPO HA-2 was bougth in the US and delivered to Russia by a friend of mine. It's working ok with my laptop and smartphone but i could not manage to play Sony A15 digital output via HA-2 using the MH-LD113 cable. My OPPO's firmware version is 6.74

Jul 6, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #1,612 of 4,883
I'm one of those persons who's cable does not work. My OPPO HA-2 was bougth in the US and delivered to Russia by a friend of mine. It's working ok with my laptop and smartphone but i could not manage to play Sony A15 digital output via HA-2 using the MH-LD113 cable. My OPPO's firmware version is 6.74
where do you check the firmware version of the oppo I am using Windows thanks

Jul 6, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #1,613 of 4,883
... All cables look similar but some of them work and some of them don’t. We could not understand the reason yet..

Doubt that.

I cracked open my MusicHeaven cable (which as I have reported, doesn't work with A15 and HA-2) and have a look inside, noticed the microUSB side isn't wired correctly as pin 4 and 5 are not connected. They are needed to trigger OTG mode. Also look inside the Amazon cable Oppo has referred (which works), and noticed the pin 4 and 5 are connected with a tiny resistor. I'll guess that is the key to why HA-2 will work with the Amazon cable but not (some of) the MusicHeaven cable. It might just because someone in MusicHeaven's factory is being careless and missed some of the component. If that's the case, that is really bad workmanship.

I already located the Amazon cable original manufacturer''s Taobao store and ordered a second cable from them, should be here in 2~3 days. It is half the price of MusicHeaven cable and much cheaper than ordering from Amazon. Will report back how it goes and I reckon it is a far better deal to order it from Taobao than Amazon, and at least can be sure it will work.

Jul 6, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #1,614 of 4,883
I thought that to but it ended up being my iPhone. I bought an iPod touch 5g and all is good. FYI to anyone with an IPhone 5 or newer when you have issues with it charging or disconnecting there is a bunch of pocket lint in the bottom of the port. I took mine under a microscope and saw some so I modified a plastic q-tip so that it would fit down in there, plastic end in not the swab end, and moved it and dug around and I was blown away who much was in there. The apple store is charging $230 to put in a new one when all that is needed is a cleaning.

I commend your DIY spirit but I have the best luck cleaning lint out of lightning ports with static-free wire brushes (like this http://www.amazon.com/Round-Handle-Shaped-Static-Conductive/dp/B00AH8C8IC/ref=sr_1_9?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1436209881&sr=1-9) and compressed air. A clean lightning port goes along way with keeping the dac connected when there's a little stress on the cable.

Jul 6, 2015 at 8:11 PM Post #1,616 of 4,883
I commend your DIY spirit but I have the best luck cleaning lint out of lightning ports with static-free wire brushes (like this http://www.amazon.com/Round-Handle-Shaped-Static-Conductive/dp/B00AH8C8IC/ref=sr_1_9?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1436209881&sr=1-9) and compressed air. A clean lightning port goes along way with keeping the dac connected when there's a little stress on the cable.

Yeah that looks like it will work great to. It's the Machinist in me to modify and or make something. I showed a friend at work how to and there was enough lint in the port to crochet a blanket.

Jul 6, 2015 at 9:22 PM Post #1,618 of 4,883

Folks, are there any devices that are just used for file transport, no headphone out?

Like a USB drive?

Errno is not an USB drive, he's referring to a device that can decode the data file and send the raw PCM bits over a link (usually a  cable) to the HA-2 DAC

Jul 7, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #1,620 of 4,883

I already located the Amazon cable original manufacturer''s Taobao store and ordered a second cable from them, should be here in 2~3 days. It is half the price of MusicHeaven cable and much cheaper than ordering from Amazon. Will report back how it goes and I reckon it is a far better deal to order it from Taobao than Amazon, and at least can be sure it will work.

I'm also waiting for the cable from Amazon recommended by Oppo. The problem is that the delivery time is not that fast to Russia 
C:\Users\ao10005\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
 (unless you choose DHL or Fedex)
Anyway, my ha-2 was sold out recently but I still can use the cable with another DAC/amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back