OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread
Jun 30, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #1,595 of 4,883
Got a bunch of these cases for some amps and cables and miscellaneous gear - cheap!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251373812619?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Jun 30, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #1,596 of 4,883

Will the HA-2 fit in one of those? I see dimensions listed for the item you linked, but it does not say whether it is internal or external dimensions. Based on one I have that barely fits, at least 5.5 inches (about 140 mm) in length inside is required and around 3.5 inches (89 mm) in width. The problem on the cases that I have, (which look quite a bit like the ones you linked) is that the corners are not really square. This means a bit more in length and width is needed to get the corners of the HA-2 into the case.

Jun 30, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #1,597 of 4,883

Will the HA-2 fit in one of those? I see dimensions listed for the item you linked, but it does not say whether it is internal or external dimensions. Based on one I have that barely fits, at least 5.5 inches (about 140 mm) in length inside is required and around 3.5 inches (89 mm) in width. The problem on the cases that I have, (which look quite a bit like the ones you linked) is that the corners are not really square. This means a bit more in length and width is needed to get the corners of the HA-2 into the case.

I bought six of them (5% off!) - I don't have 6 HA-2's 
biggrin.gif
 - I was thinking it looked like the previously linked one and it wasn't too much of a financial commitment - and I wanted something like these for some of my cables - so if it fits, great - but if not, they can be re-purposed. I'll let the thread know when it arrives (I'm thinking my new Theorem 720 will fit though....)

Jul 2, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #1,600 of 4,883

DAT CIRCUITRY IS A SIGHT TO BEHOLD!

In my experience, going back to their first product that was widely available, the BDP-83 (which I still use) they have done things right.
From engineering to fab, to customer service... to after sales support (firmware) all first class. The HA-2 is yet another example of this!

Jul 2, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #1,601 of 4,883
i have a ha-2.  My usb input is very touchy.  One little touch and i loose connection.  Is there really a difference in usb cables.  Like some have better contacts to insure better connections or is this just the nature of a portable dad with usb.  ie.  its meant to be laid on a desk and not touch?

Im very happy with the sound it gives.   It beat the internal dad on my pc and mac.  Using mod q701 and alpha's.

musicguy

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #1,602 of 4,883

These should work well based on the HA-2 dimensions: 
http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-QHDC-101-Portable-Drive/dp/B003WUBIZQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1435895728&sr=8-4&keywords=hard+drive+case

http://www.amazon.com/Drive-Logic-DL-64-Portable-Carrying/dp/B003VVH8Y6/ref=pd_sim_147_10?ie=UTF8&refRID=0NAZAPBCFH0F5HQNQ61X

http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Shock-Aluminium-Protecitve-Essential-Anniversary/dp/B00KR0ZCD8/ref=pd_sim_147_7?ie=UTF8&refRID=0CXBJFR65WZSZ87VE9Y5

I actually use the Amazon basics small electronics case. It's definitely larger, which allows me to bring some iem's in their own case, power supply, and some misc cables. 
http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Universal-Travel-Electronics-Accessories/dp/B002VPE1QG/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1435896224&sr=1-1&keywords=amazon+basics+case

Jul 3, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #1,603 of 4,883
i have a ha-2.  My usb input is very touchy.  One little touch and i loose connection.  Is there really a difference in usb cables.  Like some have better contacts to insure better connections or is this just the nature of a portable dad with usb.  ie.  its meant to be laid on a desk and not touch?

Im very happy with the sound it gives.   It beat the internal dad on my pc and mac.  Using mod q701 and alpha's.

musicguy

I thought that to but it ended up being my iPhone. I bought an iPod touch 5g and all is good. FYI to anyone with an IPhone 5 or newer when you have issues with it charging or disconnecting there is a bunch of pocket lint in the bottom of the port. I took mine under a microscope and saw some so I modified a plastic q-tip so that it would fit down in there, plastic end in not the swab end, and moved it and dug around and I was blown away who much was in there. The apple store is charging $230 to put in a new one when all that is needed is a cleaning.

Jul 3, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #1,604 of 4,883
Not sure if it's been mentioned but just thought I'd chime in and say that I got a replacement OTG cable from the Aus supplier for my HA-2 as one of the ends snapped when trying to put it into my bag. I've noticed that it now connects much stronger to my Note 4 and I have to pull quite hard to pull it out where as the original just fell out sometimes. Nice improvement! Although it cost me $45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back