Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2023 at 9:55 AM Post #5,371 of 5,414
@bbfoto, wanted to thank you for the recommendation of Steph Johnson Trio "Nature Girl" album. So good, listening now. Have you tried TOK, TOK, TOK I think you would like them based on your recommendation.

Ah, I'm glad that you are enjoying the Steph Johnson album. :)

And thank you for the recommendation of TOK, TOK, TOK. I don't remember hearing this artist, so I will definitely check them out soon.

Cheers

Mar 5, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #5,372 of 5,414
Does anyone happen to still have the latest firmware upgrade file for the HA-1? I saw a few posts back in 2017 that gave a link to firmware version 1.4.3 (presumably the latest they ever made), but the link to the S3 Amazon bucket that hosts the file is now set to private access so can't be downloaded.

I'm on HA1-1.3.3-1.4.0 (shown on the gain menu), does anyone happen to still have the upgrade file? I'm doubting that Oppo themselves would still be able to send it to me as it's quite an old product, but maybe I'll give that a go too.

Cheers!

Mar 5, 2023 at 6:57 PM Post #5,373 of 5,414
My unit was purchased new 3/2016 and has not been updated at anytime. The firmware version shown is "HA1-1.4.3-1.4.0"

Mar 6, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #5,374 of 5,414
I just sent my HA-1 to OPPO for the 179.00 service. display was out and sometimes it didn't turn on. Has anyone used their service lately?

What's the best way to hook it up to a MacBook

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #5,375 of 5,414
I just sent my HA-1 to OPPO for the 179.00 service. display was out and sometimes it didn't turn on. Has anyone used their service lately?

What's the best way to hook it up to a MacBook
Interesting! I didn't know the company was still around. How did you get in touch with them?

As to the question regarding the MacBook, I am not sure but I imagine you might be able to use the USB inputs?

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:19 PM Post #5,376 of 5,414
Hi Peter,

The unit will have to come back to us for an Out of Warranty Repair Service.

An Out of Warranty Repair for the HA-1 will cost $179.00 plus shipping to us. This fee will cover all parts, labor, and return shipping to North American addresses. You can purchase an Out of Warranty Repair Service at: https://oppodigital.com/proddetail.asp?prod=RSHA1
Once we have received your order you will receive a return shipping authorization and instructions within 24 hours.
If you no longer have the original packaging material, please ensure there is adequate (at least 3-4 layers of bubble wrap) amount of protection on all sides of the unit and not only the front and back when shipping the unit. We do not need any of the accessories like the power cable, remote, etc.

We no longer have any HA-2/SE available.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
OT Service, Inc.
162 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Service@oppodigital.com

Mar 6, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #5,377 of 5,414
As for the MacBook to HA-1 I found a audio quest usb-c to usb dac cable

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 9.29.34 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 9.29.34 PM.png
    1,003.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 11, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #5,380 of 5,414
Hello all,

I just wanted to say a big thanks to this group. The HA-1 started my audio journey in 2014 and I haven’t looked back since. This group has been an invaluable resource over the years but I am sad to say I have recently sold the HA-1. It just wasn’t getting the use it deserves. The HA-1 has moved onto a good home and the new owner has been pointed to this invaluable thread for in-depth support.

I still have my Pm-1 so still part of the Oppo family but I may part with them as well.

i will check-in now and again to this thread and once again THANKS.

-Richard

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:14 PM Post #5,381 of 5,414
Hello,
I hope someone can help me. I am a happy HA-1 user since 7 years and used it as preamplifier and headphone amp. I have now switched to a different preamplifier/DAC (NAD C510) and I have to say that for me it sounds better. So now I am thinking if I should get a new headphone amp, too. Can someone recommend an balanced headphone amp which sounds better than the HA-1? I have read so many reviews, but I am completely lost.
Thank you.

Mar 15, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #5,382 of 5,414
Hello,
I hope someone can help me. I am a happy HA-1 user since 7 years and used it as preamplifier and headphone amp. I have now switched to a different preamplifier/DAC (NAD C510) and I have to say that for me it sounds better. So now I am thinking if I should get a new headphone amp, too. Can someone recommend an balanced headphone amp which sounds better than the HA-1? I have read so many reviews, but I am completely lost.
Thank you.
I went from a longterm happy user of the HA-1 2014 to February of this year and recently transitioned to the Ferrum OOR / Hypsos and I could not be happier. I auditioned plenty of the TOTL headphones amps and for me this was the one. Don't just buy the OOR if you go down this route get both the OOR and Hypsos, they truly compliment each other.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #5,383 of 5,414
I went from a longterm happy user of the HA-1 2014 to February of this year and recently transitioned to the Ferrum OOR / Hypsos and I could not be happier. I auditioned plenty of the TOTL headphones amps and for me this was the one. Don't just buy the OOR if you go down this route get both the OOR and Hypsos, they truly compliment each other.
Thank you. Unfortunately this combination is quite pricey (around EUR 3.000 in Germany). I was thinking for something up to EUR 1.000, if possible.

Mar 16, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #5,384 of 5,414
Thank you. Unfortunately this combination is quite pricey (around EUR 3.000 in Germany). I was thinking for something up to EUR 1.000, if possible.
Look at the Topping A90d. The discrete version is really well done.

Mar 16, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #5,385 of 5,414
Thnaks for the info. Have you heard the Topping A90D in comparison to the Oppo? I have read the reviews about it, but don't know if it outperforms the Oppo. Maybe I should just buy it and test it. But I don't want to buy and ship back as possible, as the Hifi gear resellers already have a difficult life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back