Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #5,041 of 5,414
I am trying to get my system calibrated (HA-1 XLR pre-outs > Studio Monitors). The normal practice is to set the dial to 0dB for reference level, but can that actually introduce distortion?

Basically, I am wondering if it makes more sense to set the dial to something lower, like -10dB, and using the gain controls on my monitors to reach the desired SPL.

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #5,042 of 5,414
I am trying to get my system calibrated (HA-1 XLR pre-outs > Studio Monitors). The normal practice is to set the dial to 0dB for reference level, but can that actually introduce distortion?

Basically, I am wondering if it makes more sense to set the dial to something lower, like -10dB, and using the gain controls on my monitors to reach the desired SPL.

No. You should configure the HA-1 to operate in home theater bypass mode. You use the volume controls on the studio monitors to adjust the volume, right?

Jun 30, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #5,046 of 5,414
No. You should configure the HA-1 to operate in home theater bypass mode. You use the volume controls on the studio monitors to adjust the volume, right?

I am using my HA1 as a DAC for A5X monitors and Sub.

When I use the "home theater bypass mode" like you suggested, i get distorsin sound from the speakers even when i turn the volume down on the all the way down. The distorshing is the "white noise" sound like "sssshhhhhhhhh... "
Also, that way i can't use the HA1 volume knob.

Am i doing something wrong?

Sub is connected to HA1 through XLR cables and the monitors are connected to the Sub via XLR cables.

Jul 5, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #5,047 of 5,414
Hi all

For anyone using a phono preamp with their HA-1's RCA inputs, where are you attaching your phono cable's ground wire?

Any particular part/s of the HA-1 chassis recommended?

Cheers

Aug 13, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #5,053 of 5,414
Just wondering if i have this hooked up to my receiver via rca what should i set the volume on the ha-1 too? And is there anyway to stop the ha-1 playing both to the receiver + my headphones?

Cheers

Aug 17, 2017 at 8:06 AM Post #5,054 of 5,414
Hey guys - what is the collective recommendation for a streaming solution to the HA-1, given that it does not have an ethernet port at the back?

The amp is next to my bed. I use home plugs to get the signal from my computer downstairs up to the ethernet 'out' socket of the home plug.

What's the best way to then convert from an ethernet port to something the good old HA-1 will recognise please WITHOUT THAT DEVICE PROCESSING ANY SIGNAL but rather, leaving the oppo to do the heavy lifting and DAC processing and amplification?

Any help greatfully received.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back