Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Sep 9, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #4,606 of 5,414
I've never heard any hum with mine either.

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #4,607 of 5,414
I've decided to sell my black HA-1. If you are interest or know anyone that is, please let me know. I think it's a very price.

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #4,609 of 5,414
I got a great deal on a Sony UDA-1 (mostly for speakers) and I have BottleHead Crack (which I use with my HD800 as my primary rig), so I will use those for a while. I'm heading to RMAF in a few weeks, so I will check out the new gear and see if anything tickles my fancy. Possibly a Mimby/Jotunheim combo.

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #4,612 of 5,414

Just ordered the HA1 and can't wait to try it with my Beyer T1.2 gen and Fidelio X2 headphones. It's been a crazy ride deciding and for awhile I was set on the iFi Pro Can amp but opted for the HA1 because it comes with a Sabre DAC and MFI iPhone input. Also like the ability to set the volume to a specific desired db level that I can see/gage as opposed to just turning the volume dial. Hoping to feed back results as soon as I have had time to digest how it sounds with my existing gear. Thanks

Oct 5, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #4,613 of 5,414
One of the things I love about my HA-1 is that there is absolutely no hum at all....really low noise floor with my Mac Mini and my HA-1 combo...dead quiet between tracks...:wink:

Oct 5, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #4,614 of 5,414
Also like the ability to set the volume to a specific desired db level that I can see/gage as opposed to just turning the volume dial.

Keep in mind that the HA-1 volume knob is entirely analog - a high quality potentiometer. The digital dB level shown by the HA-1 is an approximation based on the knob position. A ladder stepped attenuator would be more transparent with perfect channel balance, but it's questionable whether the theoretical improvement would be measurable or audible.

This is not a dig on the HA-1 - I've had mine for just over a year and it's fantastic as a heaphone amp and as a preamp. It's clean, neutral, and transparent, reference level sound quality.

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #4,616 of 5,414
Just a heads up to anyone who isnt aware of this, but when I spoke with Oppo UK Support today, they have said the latest firmware is HA-1_1.4.3

After some shenanigans with this where they tried to send me a rar file directly via email (which gets blocked by spam filters), I was able to download this from their Amazon S3 website.

Cheers

Michael

Oct 5, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #4,617 of 5,414
Just a heads up to anyone who isnt aware of this, but when I spoke with Oppo UK Support today, they have said the latest firmware is HA-1_1.4.3

After some shenanigans with this where they tried to send me a rar file directly via email (which gets blocked by spam filters), I was able to download this from their Amazon S3 website.

Cheers

Michael

Please link it, I don't think people would mind.

Oct 5, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #4,620 of 5,414
A lot of positivity for HA1
smily_headphones1.gif
. I hope to be joining in soon

I'm very happy with mine. Wasn't a fan of the Oppo cans, but it doesn't matter: the amp superbly drives both my ADH-5000s and Nighthawks. In the case of the Fostex drivers, I never heard them as seductively beautiful before, not with Little Dot tubes, Peachtree's Nova, a Cayin tube amp or my trusty vintage Marantz receiver. Dead silent background; rich depth and presence, with DSD orchestral recordings sounding spectacularly emotional. To be sure this is also due to the DAC implementation in the Oppo and JRiver's OS X engine which get along very well.

Control via phone or iPad (with JRiver's app open too) makes lounging across the room with a glass of wine and the lights low almost obscenely blissful. There oughta be a law...to do this more often! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back