Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #4,276 of 5,414
Because of space restraints mine is sitting directly on top of my 105 which itself puts out heat so I thought it prudent to have a little air blowing between and over from a near silent fan. I wont hear it with my Audeze lcd xc closed back phones unless it makes a buzz electrically in which case ill figure out a plan b.

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #4,279 of 5,414
This is the original. The fact that I do not touch the amplifier. Socket with earth. amplifier housing is not buzzing. It's like something transmitted through the food chain, resulting in my headphones. And I feel like the current produced by the skin. A 5-10 minutes bites statics about the headset on the skin in the hair.

Mar 27, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #4,280 of 5,414
This is the original. The fact that I do not touch the amplifier. Socket with earth. amplifier housing is not buzzing. It's like something transmitted through the food chain, resulting in my headphones. And I feel like the current produced by the skin. A 5-10 minutes bites statics about the headset on the skin in the hair.

Mar 27, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #4,281 of 5,414
Is it once or all the time? Is it the OPPO?

I just got my new HA-1 Friday and hooked it up for the first time. Yesterday, I was making some cabling changes and got stung several times touching the Oppo's case and a metal desk lamp right next to it but not plugged into the same outlet. Both my headphones are okay and no apparent shocks through them.  Didn't think much of it then but now that I see this conversation, I wonder what's causing it.

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #4,283 of 5,414
new extender 220 does not help. It hits a laptop, standing side by side, very strongly. It struck so that it goes off the monitor. lucky, after rebooting the laptop earned. contacted the seller, he promised to learn Oppo service.last chance to buy even better extension cord 220 volts, which filtred current. If does not work, you have to pick up the money and return the seller Oppo !!!
Buy from another supplier if the problem is the same, you have to apply to the civil service control ...

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #4,285 of 5,414
Quote:
  I just got my new HA-1 Friday and hooked it up for the first time. Yesterday, I was making some cabling changes and got stung several times touching the Oppo's case and a metal desk lamp right next to it but not plugged into the same outlet. Both my headphones are okay and no apparent shocks through them.  Didn't think much of it then but now that I see this conversation, I wonder what's causing it.

a year of construction on your device?

Mar 28, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #4,288 of 5,414
A quick question about by passing the internal Dac.. or 2 questions using a chord mojo and bypassing the dac.
Well 3 questions using a S5 android> mojo> Dac Ha1 bypass..

Cheers for any thoughts

Dave

Just input to the HA-1 stereo RCA input and you'll bypass the HA-1 DAC. Digital input=DAC usage. Analogue input=amp usage.

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #4,290 of 5,414
Thanks, wasn't sure if there much benefit using a "quality Dac" on bypass. Or no benefit feeding a dac into another DAC. Via USB B

Sorry for the noob questions..

Thanks

Dave

Well, once a DAC has converted the digital signal to analogue you can't feed it in to another DAC.

Home Theater Bypass mode bypasses the variable pre-amp volume control on the HA-1 and Oppo recommends not feeding it with a source without volume control. It's not a DAC specific mode as it's all in the analogue stage that selects the Bypass mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back