Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
May 25, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #3,466 of 5,414
When you open the Volume Mixer, are the volumes for Amazon.com and your playback software for MP3 set properly? If they are not, then you will get no audio.

May 25, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #3,468 of 5,414
Not a fix per se, but possibly a work around. Use a usb/spdif converter that doesn't require any special drivers. Let windows select it as a default device, and use wasapi/asio/whatever you like with JRiver.

May 26, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #3,473 of 5,414
I can't decide whether to try the PM-1 or the LCD2 with this amp. I will primarily use it as DAC and pre but also would like to try some good headphones. Seems like most people here prefer the LCD2 in this setup?

May 27, 2015 at 1:55 AM Post #3,474 of 5,414
I can't decide whether to try the PM-1 or the LCD2 with this amp. I will primarily use it as DAC and pre but also would like to try some good headphones. Seems like most people here prefer the LCD2 in this setup?

IMHO the HA-1 with the PM-1 is a mix for heaven. I tried the LCD2 with it, but for my taste the PM-1 has a more open and joyable sound. Beautiful lows and highs and voices sound more natural. Again, at least for my ears. 

May 27, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #3,475 of 5,414

I think it comes down which headphone itself you want as opposed to pairing it with the HA-1.  Both PM-1 and LCD2 are known to work great with the HA-1.  Both being made by Oppo for one another, you know the PM-1 and HA-1 will sound great together.

So really it is just deciding which headphone you want.

May 27, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #3,476 of 5,414

agree with the above comments. pick the headphones just based on the headphones. the ha-1 will drive either fine.

May 27, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #3,477 of 5,414

And don't discount the PM-2 just because their RRP are lower than the 2 headphones you mentioned.
Having tried all 3 with the HA-1, I'll go for the PM-2 and play around with the different pads to get the sq that I prefer.

May 27, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #3,478 of 5,414
Imo, the LCD 2's are the ones to get. They are super transparent with this amp dac combo. The pm1's are ok, but the audeze phones are world class

May 27, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #3,479 of 5,414
The Oppo PM-1/PM-2 both sound very nice with the HA-1 (as does the Audeze EL-8).  If you only use headphones casually I don't think you could go wrong with the PM-2.  It's much closer from a build standpoint to the PM-1 than I ever expected it to be.

I prefer the sound signature of the AKG K812 over all of those I mentioned above but that's simply my preference for a more analytical sound from my gear.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back