Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #1,831 of 5,414

Great initial review. Nice Pic. What is the blue glow. For a second I actually thought you had custom blue paint job on your Audeze.
biggrin.gif

It's the TV reflection  : )

Oct 28, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #1,833 of 5,414
Has there been any firmware updates for the HA-1 since it's release?

I was wondering if they are working on the crappy volume graphic? It is far to sensitive.
I can not touch my volume control for 30 minutes and then the volume graphic flicks up as if I touched it. Does it all the time. Starting to bug me. Surely they can make the graphical display less sensitive in a firmware update?

I also got the scratch volume thing a few times as well. If left for a long time and you do a big adjustment to volume it produces a nasty scratchy sound through the headphones. Rotate it backwards and forwards a bit. Let it settle then adjust and everything is good again.

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:08 PM Post #1,834 of 5,414
Has there been any firmware updates for the HA-1 since it's release?

I was wondering if they are working on the crappy volume graphic? It is far to sensitive.
I can not touch my volume control for 30 minutes and then the volume graphic flicks up as if I touched it. Does it all the time. Starting to bug me. Surely they can make the graphical display less sensitive in a firmware update?

I also got the scratch volume thing a few times as well. If left for a long time and you do a big adjustment to volume it produces a nasty scratchy sound through the headphones. Rotate it backwards and forwards a bit. Let it settle then adjust and everything is good again.

You are not on your own, both those issues are bugging the crap out of me also. That said, with my eyes closed and in the zone I'm not so bothered hehe. Nice to have it sorted though...

Oct 28, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #1,835 of 5,414
You are not on your own, both those issues are bugging the crap out of me also. That said, with my eyes closed and in the zone I'm not so bothered hehe. Nice to have it sorted though...

I like daydreaming and looking at the tube glow (Woo) and the nice Vu meter (Oppo) then that crappy volume flashes up and ruins my mojo.
biggrin.gif

I might just set the display off. Does it still flash up in that mode?

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #1,836 of 5,414
Dust in the volume pot. Sucks.

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #1,837 of 5,414
Dust in the volume pot. Sucks.

eek.gif

confused.gif
Dust. Really? Crap that is a bad design. Mine is in a sealed off HT room. No foot traffic. Crikey even the room next door to enter the HT has no foot traffic. The room has stuff all dust. Plus I dust every week. Poor design then.
eek.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #1,838 of 5,414

eek.gif

confused.gif
Dust. Really? Crap that is a bad design. Mine is in a sealed off HT room. No foot traffic. Crikey even the room next door to enter the HT has no foot traffic. The room has stuff all dust. Plus I dust every week. Poor design then.
eek.gif

It happens all the time with analogue volume pots. It's unavoidable. I just wish I knew of an easy sure fire way of cleaning it out.

If you are alive and in the same room you will get dust (skin), or if the room has forced air heating dust is guaranteed. 
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #1,840 of 5,414
Badas, you do realize your HA-1 has a warranty and Oppo's customer support is as good as it gets.
Call or email them and if your volume pot isn't working right they will fix it.

Thanks mate. I won't bother. Others have listed the same fault. Obviously not much can be done. Listening now. Oppo to the Woo to the Audeze. No issues. :gs1000smile:

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,843 of 5,414
Hmm it seems that something has gone wrong with my USB setup. I can still use the remote to change the volume and turn off my HA-1, but it can no longer play/pause Foobar on windows 8. I can tell that it's reading a signal because when I hit pause I get a little blue circle next to my cursor like it's thinking really hard about doing what I want, but it never does.

Has anyone had this happen? What can I do? Is there some Foobar2000 plugin I'm missing or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back