Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #1,846 of 5,414
  Hi Guys and Girls. What would be the best way, to wire the HA-1 to a Mac mini?. Any benefit going through windows pc?. Very sorry for stupid questions. Thanks.

Connecting via USB is straightforward and effective (it integrates natively with no drivers and shows up as a named sound device). I did not find using the optical output to be superior (though I'll grant I did not find it inferior either). If you have and can use a mac mini this way I would certainly avoid the windows PC. 

Nov 2, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #1,852 of 5,414
Wondering if anyone has experience using an active USB cable with the HA1 and if it worked out ok on both sides? My comp is 35 feet away from where my HA1 will be installed. I already have a optical cable running the length, but the obvious limitations of sample rates and DSD will come into play. I want to run USB, but due to the distance im faced with a work around which may include an active USB cable, or some kind of hub running from my mac to the HA1.

Any help or feedback would be appreciated. Should I go down this road, or are active USB cables limited to the types of files they can transfer?

Thanks

Nov 3, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #1,854 of 5,414
In case anyone is interested:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/affordable-and-transparent-oppo-ha-1-headphone-amplifierdac

Nov 4, 2014 at 12:51 AM Post #1,855 of 5,414
Thanks Skylab!  

I've come to like your reviews not only for how reliable they are - as I'm never disappointed when I buy something that has your "blessing" - but also for how you always introduce the readers (me) to some great demo tracks.  

L3000.gif

Mike

Nov 4, 2014 at 4:42 AM Post #1,856 of 5,414

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/affordable-and-transparent-oppo-ha-1-headphone-amplifierdac

As always, thoughtful review. Thanks. I seem to remember that it may have been your review of the Meier Opera that instigated my purchase of that amp which served me extremely well for several years.
I purchased my HA-1 to use with the PM-1 but after an impulse purchase of a LCD-3c find that is the combo I keep returning to.
Haven't tried the DAC yet as I'm not setup for digital playback(working on it) but as an amp mainly with vinyl playback find the Oppo ticks all the important boxes. 

Nov 4, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #1,857 of 5,414

Very good review and very much in line with what I experience with the HA-1.

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #1,858 of 5,414
Thanks guys, much appreciated. The HA-1 is a very nice piece of kit...it takes a lot these days to impress me, but the Oppo managed to do just that.

Nov 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,859 of 5,414
But fell short of being in the WOF?

Nov 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM Post #1,860 of 5,414
I really like OPPO HA-1, I like the neutrality of this amp, my burson is just too much colored and sounded muddy compare to Oppo.
Only thing that I don't like is the amount of the heat it generates (in summer), but it's actually good for me cause my hands are cold and I can warm up little bit.

With few Oppos I don't think I will need a heater in my room :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back