Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #5,087 of 5,414
I have a pm1 arriving soon to use with chord mojo. is it pointless a couple of months from now to buy ha1 if its discontinued?

Sep 15, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #5,088 of 5,414
I have a pm1 arriving soon to use with chord mojo. is it pointless a couple of months from now to buy ha1 if its discontinued?
I don't think it's pointless but you are going to have a difficult time finding one. It's a great amp and I would buy it again regardless if it's discontinued or not.

Sep 15, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #5,089 of 5,414
The HA-1 is a step up from the Chord Mojo in sound quality & power, but it takes a revealing headphone to hear any differences. I don't know whether the PM-1 is revealing enough. And even if you could hear any difference, would it be enough to matter? Personal decision.

The HA-1 is solid and reliable, and Oppo still services them. Even though it's no longer made and out of warranty, that wouldn't stop me from getting a used one. However, I'd also look at a Grace M920.

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #5,090 of 5,414
Got an issue where my ha-1's volume is changing by itself. I've taken the battery out of teh remote so it's not that.. Not sure what's going on. Also the right side is alot louder than the left side when i first start it.

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #5,091 of 5,414
Got an issue where my ha-1's volume is changing by itself. I've taken the battery out of teh remote so it's not that.. Not sure what's going on. Also the right side is alot louder than the left side when i first start it.
Try turning it off and then move he volume knob fully back and forth about ten times and see if that solves it. May be some particles behind the volume knob b

Sep 16, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #5,092 of 5,414
Thanks a couple reboots and it seems to be fine. Is there anything we can do with the channel imbalance at the start? It takes about 15 minutes before i can hear the left channel kick in and the channels balance out. At the start the right channel is alot louder than left.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #5,094 of 5,414
would it make sense to buy an ha1 if oppo discontinued them? you can still get them in uk. i also took delivery of pm1 today which im using with chord mojo. would ha1 give me any added benefits.

Sep 16, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #5,096 of 5,414
Thanks a couple reboots and it seems to be fine. Is there anything we can do with the channel imbalance at the start? It takes about 15 minutes before i can hear the left channel kick in and the channels balance out. At the start the right channel is alot louder than left.
That sounds like an op amp or transistor going bad; a common failure mode is to work only when warm. Your HA-1 probably needs to go back to Oppo to find & replace the bad component. Contact Oppo and find out.

Sep 17, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #5,097 of 5,414
Anyone know how much it costs to repair as i've lost the receipt? Contacted oppo but no response. Got that thing where the volume seems to be adjusting itself. I've turned it off and turned the volume from min to max 10 times. Hasn't helped. Kinda dissapointed with it being a $1500 product.

Sep 19, 2017 at 5:41 AM Post #5,098 of 5,414
Just a heads up to anyone who uses the IOS Oppo HA-1 Bluetooth Control app, in case you are not aware this is a 32 bit app. Apple will be releasing IOS11 tomorrow and no 32 bit app will run on IOS 11. If you do upgrade to IOS 11 you will not be able to run this, I am not sure if anyone has reported this to Oppo but I am guessing Oppo don't plan on upgrading this app since it hasn't been upgraded from its original version since it was released in May 2014.

Sep 19, 2017 at 7:54 AM Post #5,099 of 5,414
Just a heads up to anyone who uses the IOS Oppo HA-1 Bluetooth Control app, in case you are not aware this is a 32 bit app. Apple will be releasing IOS11 tomorrow and no 32 bit app will run on IOS 11. If you do upgrade to IOS 11 you will not be able to run this, I am not sure if anyone has reported this to Oppo but I am guessing Oppo don't plan on upgrading this app since it hasn't been upgraded from its original version since it was released in May 2014.
You should email OPPO to let them know. Who knows, maybe it is an easy fix on their end.

Sep 29, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #5,100 of 5,414
Hey - has anyone changed / upgraded the standard OEM power cable on the HA-1 unit? Any thoughts.....?
I've been looking at something like this fir example...
http://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/home/mainscables/powerblack-mains-cables/powerblack-iec
Cheers,

herbie

i upgraded my oppo ha1 power cable from the standard one. i think i paid about $200 USD back in 2014.

Mine look bit thicker than one showing on the link.

But to be honest i cannot tell the difference in the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back