opinons on power conditioners and regenerators ?
Feb 24, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #136 of 208
Sorry, but this is nothing but trolling Sound Science. Nice word salad though.
Is that the title of this Thread? Sound Science?

I suggest you start a new thread.

Feb 24, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #138 of 208
.........:beerchug:
You actually don't realize you're posting in the Sound Science subforum? Because that's where this thread is.
Then is something you should consider.

" His prior background included 12 years of intensive engineering work including x-ray cables
and wire harnesses, proprietary connector design, and scientific test instrument design."

http://pangeaaudio.com/about.html

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:05 PM Post #139 of 208
Another qualified engineer who so happens to know how to design audiophile fuses ...

Who is Joseph Chow?

Joseph Chow is an audio engineer with over 25 years in audio. He began working at Kenwood in the FM tuner division and at Proton, where he worked with Larry Schotz on the Schotz tuner design used by Nakamichi in its high end tuners. Later, he was a designer and consultant for Soundstream Electronics and MIT cables.

Joseph Chow's engineering specialty is small signal processing. This specialty has led him to look deeply into circuit function, into the component parts and materials used in the circuit, and into the sonic goals to be achieved. By analyzing the sonic characteristics of material at every circuit stage, including the wiring and mechanical layout and construction, Joseph learned how to harmonize the inherent characteristics of materials used with the circuit design itself. Instead of conceiving of the circuit and the components and materials used as discrete, he realized the need for harmony between the materials used and their function within the overall design architecture. This specialized understanding has led to his achieve stunning S/N figures. It has also helped him achieve extremely high quality, musical sound at an affordable price.

http://www.audio-horizons.com/pages/aboutus.html

4by4.gif

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #140 of 208
Can you measure true love? (not mere attraction) Why did God give us ears? A nose to smell with? Music?

If I were so inclined? I could devise a means to frustrate those whom enjoy what I do not. So where are we?

Some will hear what is needed. Its inevitable that some will not.

And, you can not measure for what you can not detect..

Someone who can detect will have to be the one to discover what needs to be measured for.

Enjoy the music. Its all an adventure that needs pioneers that some others will be critical of. That's life!

So what kind of AC conditioner do you believe works?

The question is this.

Can you verify it for yourself? That's the needed measurement. If you can? Case closed.

If you can't? Then what difference will it make if it can be measured?

Will you buy it anyway just because it can be measured and you are not able to detect it? Case closed.

Not everything can be measured because not everything is yet known how to measure for. So, in the mean time? If can easily hear it, and repeatedly? Enjoy.
I agree that we have senses and we have human nature as you point out. But, the discussion is on gear that if shows evidence of relevant facts to audio output or not. We can argue love is subjective and very personal, but this is different from electrical gear, and for example if that particular power conditioner effects sounds as one would claim, we in a science discussion need to see support from factual evidence. Love is not measurable I agree. Or the semantics of love is different for different people. The purpose of power conditioner is not of that nature, but is of parameters we take into consideration, noise that one is reducing, and people believe it has effect on sound outcome which should be backed up with details. 12 yrs experience of one person that is present in an advertisement isn't evidence, but nothing more than a persuasion element used for an advertisement.

I do enjoy music like you and many others. We use measurements everywhere, and many fields become more organized, and become more predictable as we look at past data to gain understanding of the chaos. Certainly hope many products are sufficiently studied and scrutinized for your well-being and safety.

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #141 of 208
I remember when I had disassembled my system because I needed to rearrange it to better route the cabling on my desk. When done, something just did not sound right. On a hunch, I reversed the speaker cable direction and the sound I liked returned.

How many times does one need to repeat that to know? I have also discovered that effect when changing interconnects. And, because of that, I now have marked which end is doing what.
These same people even cause murders and other unnecessary deaths. They do not use the brain of an adult - a pre-frontal cortex. Their entire grasp of reality comes from internal feelings - the part of the brain that children use.

Cables have direction? How? Currents to speakers is AC. Current goes forward as many times as it goes backward. No direction exists. Anyone with minimal education from school science knows that. But that means making conclusions from a pre-frontal cortex. Everything posted demonstrates why myths and lies are so routinely and easilly believed - emotions. Wild speculation means all must be true? An example of the most dangerous adults. And why companies such as Monster prosper by selling so many scams. Monster sold $7 speaker wire for $70 because so many adults still think like children.

Described is basic science. Most start thinking like an adult at 16 years. Some never do until 24. That science also notes that some remain so emotional (irrational) as to never learn how to use reason. This outright lie about directional speaker wires demonstrates a problem not limited to one poster. It says why so many adults will never be what we call officer material.

He has posted some of the most egregious lies in audiophilia. No magic box on AC mains effects those DC voltages. Only those DC voltages determine quality of sound. To be learned from his examples are why so many endorse obvious lies. Demonstrated are indicators of some who never learn how to think in a logical (adult) manner. These people automatically believe a first thing told. Never do what an adult always does - demand reasons why it should be believed. And routinely make claims from subjective (emotional) reasoning; without any numbers.

Nobody thinking in a logical manner would believe a lie that speaker wires are or can be made directional. How does AC electricity create direction? Anyone who makes that conclusion is easily brainwashed - and not just only about directional speaker wires or magic AC electric boxes.

First indications of one who does not know how to think in a rational manner - every claim has no perspective - no numbers.

Some ears will only hear what they want to hear. Nothing will change their entrenched conclusions. What is to be learned here? How to identify those who do not (cannot) use a pre-frontal cortex. These types will deny incessantly - by even denying and refusing to discuss the numbers.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #142 of 208
I use Furutech G-314Ag-15 plus for my headphone amps and prefer to connect direct to a socket than via ac power filter.
For ss amp power cable seems not effect as clear as in tube amp.
My power line is short (live near transformer) and is grounded. I dont feel ac filter is better in my case

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #143 of 208
I agree that we have senses and we have human nature as you point out. But, the discussion is on gear that if shows evidence of relevant facts to audio output or not. We can argue love is subjective and very personal, but this is different from electrical gear, and for example if that particular power conditioner effects sounds as one would claim, we in a science discussion need to see support from factual evidence. Love is not measurable I agree. Or the semantics of love is different for different people. The purpose of power conditioner is not of that nature, but is of parameters we take into consideration, noise that one is reducing, and people believe it has effect on sound outcome which should be backed up with details. 12 yrs experience of one person that is present in an advertisement isn't evidence, but nothing more than a persuasion element used for an advertisement.

I do enjoy music like you and many others. We use measurements everywhere, and many fields become more organized, and become more predictable as we look at past data to gain understanding of the chaos. Certainly hope many products are sufficiently studied and scrutinized for your well-being and safety.

We waste all these words. Have you actually tried a good AC Conditioner in your system?

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #144 of 208
These same people even cause murders and other unnecessary deaths. They do not use the brain of an adult - a pre-frontal cortex. Their entire grasp of reality comes from internal feelings - the part of the brain that children use.

One of the attributes of genius is being able to recapture the child like state.

Such an attribute sees through the Emperor's new clothes. And, infuriates the power structure devised by the emperor's sycophants.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #145 of 208
.........:beerchug:

Then is something you should consider.

" His prior background included 12 years of intensive engineering work including x-ray cables
and wire harnesses, proprietary connector design, and scientific test instrument design."

http://pangeaaudio.com/about.html

Another qualified engineer who so happens to know how to design audiophile fuses ...

Who is Joseph Chow?

Joseph Chow is an audio engineer with over 25 years in audio. He began working at Kenwood in the FM tuner division and at Proton, where he worked with Larry Schotz on the Schotz tuner design used by Nakamichi in its high end tuners. Later, he was a designer and consultant for Soundstream Electronics and MIT cables.

Joseph Chow's engineering specialty is small signal processing. This specialty has led him to look deeply into circuit function, into the component parts and materials used in the circuit, and into the sonic goals to be achieved. By analyzing the sonic characteristics of material at every circuit stage, including the wiring and mechanical layout and construction, Joseph learned how to harmonize the inherent characteristics of materials used with the circuit design itself. Instead of conceiving of the circuit and the components and materials used as discrete, he realized the need for harmony between the materials used and their function within the overall design architecture. This specialized understanding has led to his achieve stunning S/N figures. It has also helped him achieve extremely high quality, musical sound at an affordable price.

http://www.audio-horizons.com/pages/aboutus.html

4by4.gif

Marketing materials and bios from the sellers of magic cables are not going to get you anywhere in this subforum. Do you not understand they have an economic interest in convincing you their products do something audible? Do you wonder why none of these cable vendors have any hard evidence on their sites showing how their cables and electronics make a/any difference audible to a human?

Simple question - do you believe you are subject to the placebo effect?

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #146 of 208
Marketing materials and bios from the sellers of magic cables are not going to get you anywhere in this subforum. Do you not understand they have an economic interest in convincing you their products do something audible? Do you wonder why none of these cable vendors have any hard evidence on their sites showing how their cables and electronics make difference audible to a human?

Simple question - do you believe you are subject to the placebo effect?
In other words? All background qualifications will be tossed into the bin marked "marketing" ....

But, those are impressive engineering qualifications you just stubbed your toe on while trying to kick them under the carpet.

So what are the backgrounds of those whom you stand by?

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #147 of 208
Marketing materials and bios from the sellers of magic cables are not going to get you anywhere in this subforum. Do you not understand they have an economic interest in convincing you their products do something audible?

I have one of Mr. Chows fuses sitting in my drawer. Why?

It made my system sound so rich and solid that it caused my neighbor to knock on my apartment wall. I am saving it for the next place I hope to live in.

Maybe I should have told my neighbor what she/he was complaining about can not be measured for?
saint.gif

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #148 of 208
In other words? All background qualifications will be tossed into the bin marked "marketing" ....

But, those are impressive engineering qualifications you just stubbed your toe on while trying to kick them under the carpet.

So what are the backgrounds of those whom you stand by?

The background of someone is irrelevant to the marketing materials they produce without supporting evidence in an attempt to sell product. I tend to give more credence to Ohm, Faraday, Edison, and others not involved in selling magic cables. Also give credence to publications by the AES and IEEE.

Did you miss my question? Do you believe you are subject to the placebo effect?

Feb 24, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #149 of 208
Have you actually tried a good AC Conditioner in your system?
Yes. It did nothing. And then we opened a few. One was nothing more than wires tied in knots. Scams are that easily promoted. They did not lie. Even wire knots are power conditioners when claims are subjective. Bbest sold to some who just know it must be better - because their ears said so. Emotional justify a believe and may even know they are a genius.

First indication of one who is only fanciful: subjective claims and no specification numbers.

Somehow AC currents on speaker wire are DC currents that make wires directional. And keep ignoring relevant question about the placebo effect.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #150 of 208
Commercial power in a hospital can be quite dirty/distorted given the industrial loads there. There can also be ground loops that are simply changed when another device is put in there. We could get that insight with spectrum analysis which unfortunately is not provided in the above video.
I think the real question is does .05 mv have an audible effect on music playback.Hospitals also use Hospital Grade plugs,receptacles ect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back