opinions on the Sennheiser HD-280
Dec 14, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #16 of 18
There is not headphone in current production which I have heard which I dislike more than the HD280. Incapable of doing anything but making all lkinds of music sound like smushed up pulp. A diffuse mess.

The coiled one sided cord is annoying and stupid, they clamp too hard, the folding headband is a joke, they're ugly, and they make your ear get sweaty. They suffer more even than other closed headphones from "closed headphone sound". Even the beastliest of amps cannot wake them from their insipid slumber.

They are sonically, ergonomically and financially. Unforgivably bad.

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #17 of 18
I'm listening to symphonic music on these headphones through a receiver (100 "modern" watts per channel), and the sennheiser hd 280 sounds fairly good. I'm not enough of an auduiphile to talk about all the lows, mids and highs, but the bass on these is very engaging.
I would say they are "dark" sounding, but at this point, they are still burning in.
I got these used on ebay, but they are mint looking, no cracks or scratches. They absoultely brand new, so I would bet they could use a burning.
I like them, will report later on whether I enjoy them more later.
They felt kind of tight at first, but that isn't so bad now. They have stretched a little.
I bought these because of all the RAVE reviews on amazon.

Aug 15, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #18 of 18
I'm listening to symphonic music on these headphones through a receiver (100 "modern" watts per channel), and the sennheiser hd 280 sounds fairly good. I'm not enough of an auduiphile to talk about all the lows, mids and highs, but the bass on these is very engaging.
I would say they are "dark" sounding, but at this point, they are still burning in.
I got these used on ebay, but they are mint looking, no cracks or scratches. They look brand new, so I would bet they could use a burning in period.
I like them, will report later on whether I enjoy them more later.
They felt kind of tight at first, but that isn't so bad now. They have stretched a little.
I bought these because of all the RAVE reviews on amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back