ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 7, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #15,346 of 16,326
As long as you do not use any apps (other then music player app), have WIFI off, have Bluetooth off, do not use the screen all the time ... you can get around 10 hours (depending on your headphones too).
I did exactly as you said and now the battery lasts a lot longer! This thing gets burning hot when playing though. It burns my hand it's so hot!

Jan 7, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #15,348 of 16,326
Hey All, I've been the proud owner of the Onkyo DP-S1 for about a while now and was wondering if (other than wi-fi and the larger screen) is the DP X-1 an upgrade sound-wise or for any other reason that would compel me to switch? Been loving the sound of the DP-S1 since I've had it BTW

Jan 7, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #15,351 of 16,326
Also, random question since I didn't know where else to put it, when manufacturers list a headphone amp's output power as 75+75 mW for 1 kHz @32 ohms, is the volume that the device could produce when turned up 100%, quantifiably similar as a device that is listed as just 150mW for 1kHz @32 omhs?

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #15,352 of 16,326
You can charge the battery and listen? I have it connected to my amp through otg cable and it gets really hot.
It it is burning hot, there must be problems to the DAP. You may want to contact seller or Onkyo. I have my Player since it last Christmas, it never gets hot. It gets warm but not hot.

Jan 8, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #15,355 of 16,326
You can charge the battery and listen? I have it connected to my amp through otg cable and it gets really hot.
I don't use AMP, my IEMs are plugged into the balanced output. But maybe the AMP is charging? Has the battery icon on your DP-X1 the charging symbol in it while connected to the AMP?

Jan 8, 2018 at 8:10 AM Post #15,357 of 16,326
Hey All, I've been the proud owner of the Onkyo DP-S1 for about a while now and was wondering if (other than wi-fi and the larger screen) is the DP X-1 an upgrade sound-wise or for any other reason that would compel me to switch? Been loving the sound of the DP-S1 since I've had it BTW

Yes, the dpx1(a) sounds better with higher density, more sound stage.

Jan 8, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #15,358 of 16,326
I don't use AMP, my IEMs are plugged into the balanced output. But maybe the AMP is charging? Has the battery icon on your DP-X1 the charging symbol in it while connected to the AMP?
No, I have not charged the amplifier while using the dap. I charge all components and then play music. I played it for a while last night and it was ok. I will keep a close observation on it to see if it happens again. If so, I will send it back to the store. I must say with my amp/dap, I have yet to hear such a beautiful presentation of music. I am simply in love with what I hear. Money well spent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back