1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
  1. runningwitit
    I did exactly as you said and now the battery lasts a lot longer! This thing gets burning hot when playing though. It burns my hand it's so hot!

whitemouse likes this.
  2. meegja
    Good to hear :)
    About heat: it gets warm, that is normal. But really burning hot is not normal. It is not charging the battery when you listen?

3. Brian Oneal
    Hey All, I've been the proud owner of the Onkyo DP-S1 for about a while now and was wondering if (other than wi-fi and the larger screen) is the DP X-1 an upgrade sound-wise or for any other reason that would compel me to switch? Been loving the sound of the DP-S1 since I've had it BTW

4. runningwitit
    You can charge the battery and listen? I have it connected to my amp through otg cable and it gets really hot.

5. theminstrel
    DP-X1 has Android, which allows you to stream from Tidal, Apple Music, Spotify, etc. I believe the S1 has exactly the same sound processing facilities as the X1, it's the computer parts that are more simple.

6. theminstrel
    Also, random question since I didn't know where else to put it, when manufacturers list a headphone amp's output power as 75+75 mW for 1 kHz @32 ohms, is the volume that the device could produce when turned up 100%, quantifiably similar as a device that is listed as just 150mW for 1kHz @32 omhs?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  7. Joseph Lin
    It it is burning hot, there must be problems to the DAP. You may want to contact seller or Onkyo. I have my Player since it last Christmas, it never gets hot. It gets warm but not hot.

8. runningwitit
    It may be a burn in symptom, it's not like that all the time , but it was super hot last night.

9. gibby
    Is anyone playing DSD files through USB to an iFi Nano? How's playback of DSD over USB?

10. meegja
    I don't use AMP, my IEMs are plugged into the balanced output. But maybe the AMP is charging? Has the battery icon on your DP-X1 the charging symbol in it while connected to the AMP?

11. anyworld1209
    Something must be wrong with your unit. You should contact your local seller or Onkyo support. Do not ignore and keep using it. Mine is barely warm when i'm using it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  12. addyg
    Yes, the dpx1(a) sounds better with higher density, more sound stage.

13. runningwitit
    No, I have not charged the amplifier while using the dap. I charge all components and then play music. I played it for a while last night and it was ok. I will keep a close observation on it to see if it happens again. If so, I will send it back to the store. I must say with my amp/dap, I have yet to hear such a beautiful presentation of music. I am simply in love with what I hear. Money well spent!

14. Brian Oneal
    Thanks for you response. Could you explain the reason for this, seeing how they both have dual sabre dacs and amps? Are there other hardware additions or changes that account for the difference?

15. runningwitit
    Not charging it at all.