ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 20, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #14,117 of 16,326
  Well,

I have it "fixed", I guess.  I went deeper into the menu sysetem and got it to recognize the player.  But it has me a bit concerned.  It has been a bit tempermental from the start it being recognized by my computer and by Music Bee.  Not really sure why.  My Fiios X3 Gen 2 works fine, always, but the DP-X1 seems a bit hit or miss.

Anyone else experience this when connecting to a computer?

I dun even know if i have this problem since I always use a card reader instead of direct connection.

It's faster and much stable, maybe you should try it.

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #14,118 of 16,326
Just getting in to my unit after recently arrived here in Saudi. I have tried connecting it directly to my Marantz AV8802, using the front panel USB, the Marantz reads 'not connected' no matter what setting I have. Then the same for my Oppo 103D, it is not being recognised as a USB/player and doesn't show up anywhere as a device. Pulling the USB out of the Oppo did make the Onkyo screen move so it is detecting connection/power I assume.

Any ideas please? How to connect to these devices which comprise my main system.

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #14,121 of 16,326

You have the STOCK PLAYER Pioneer on XDP-100R with this ROM???

Onkoy has 2 DAC, HARDWARE is different no?.... xD

Thx.

No, it's the "Onkyo" player but there's no branding within.  Both apps can be installed and are fully functional on either device, just a slightly different theme.  The hardware doesn't make a difference to the Rom or the music apps.

Both apps can be downloaded here...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/12585#post_13103564

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #14,122 of 16,326
Just getting in to my unit after recently arrived here in Saudi. I have tried connecting it directly to my Marantz AV8802, using the front panel USB, the Marantz reads 'not connected' no matter what setting I have. Then the same for my Oppo 103D, it is not being recognised as a USB/player and doesn't show up anywhere as a device. Pulling the USB out of the Oppo did make the Onkyo screen move so it is detecting connection/power I assume.

Any ideas please? How to connect to these devices which comprise my main system.

The DP-X1 connects to external USB devices using MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), rather than appearing as a USB Mass Storage device (like a Flashdrive).
So, the external device will need a USB driver that can handle MTP connections - before it will see the DAP, or the music on it.

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #14,123 of 16,326

You have the STOCK PLAYER Pioneer on XDP-100R with this ROM???

Onkoy has 2 DAC, HARDWARE is different no?.... xD

Thx.

No, it's the "Onkyo" player but there's no branding within.  Both apps can be installed and are fully functional on either device, just a slightly different theme.  The hardware doesn't make a difference to the Rom or the music apps.

Both apps can be downloaded here...

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/12585#post_13103564

Not found

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #14,124 of 16,326
The DP-X1 connects to external USB devices using MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), rather than appearing as a USB Mass Storage device (like a Flashdrive).
So, the external device will need a USB driver that can handle MTP connections - before it will see the DAP, or the music on it.

Thanks
In this way I saw a restricted list like the TEAC Headphone amp amongst them that can connect via USB
So it's a no go through standard methods as you say

It seems a good case for an aftermarket dock that can then feed a preamp...just thinking out aloud.

Mar 21, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #14,125 of 16,326

You need to setup Music (or other usb output capable app such as UAPP)

Mar 21, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #14,126 of 16,326
Just got my X1A today with a balanced cable.  Comparing to my old iBasso DX90, sound stage sounds wider, sound is a bit more detailed.  Absolutely amazing.  I don't have any 384khz material, but 24/96 and 24/192 sound very good.  Don't intend to use it for MQA because if I read it correctly MQA is a lossy sound format.

Basically at this point the player and headphones matter less than the recording itself.  The recording makes more difference then the hardware.

Don't regret my purchase. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #14,127 of 16,326
  Just got my X1A today with a balanced cable.  Comparing to my old iBasso DX90, sound stage sounds wider, sound is a bit more detailed.  Absolutely amazing.  I don't have any 384khz material, but 24/96 and 24/192 sound very good.  Don't intend to use it for MQA because if I read it correctly MQA is a lossy sound format.

Basically at this point the player and headphones matter less than the recording itself.  The recording makes more difference then the hardware.

Don't regret my purchase. 

glad you like it! 

Mar 22, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #14,128 of 16,326
What microSD card would you guys recommend for offline Tidal? Not sure how fast it should be. I know Class 10 is a given, but Sandisk has UHS I and II standards, which differ in price drastically. Does the DP-X1 even support UHS II bandwidth speed?

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #14,129 of 16,326
  What microSD card would you guys recommend for offline Tidal? Not sure how fast it should be. I know Class 10 is a given, but Sandisk has UHS I and II standards, which differ in price drastically. Does the DP-X1 even support UHS II bandwidth speed?

Different speed cards hasn't made a difference for Tidal offline. I get audio dropouts and skips with any SD card. I think its a Bug with the Android Tidal  App.

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #14,130 of 16,326

Different speed cards hasn't made a difference for Tidal offline. I get audio dropouts and skips with any SD card. I think its a Bug with the Android Tidal  App.

Ah okay, I thought the issue may be related to the card speed. I've never gotten audio dropouts on any Android smartphone with Tidal and microSD, so weird that the DP-X1 has that problem. I also wonder if sound quality may be compromised due to this issue too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back