ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 17, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #14,073 of 16,326
basshead.gif

Mar 18, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #14,074 of 16,326

Well, technically - Viper4Android will install on a device that isn't rooted, and appear to be running - but it will not actually be processing audio unless it's rooted and SELinux is set to "Permissive Mode".

I've actually got two rooted Google Nexus devices (5 Phone & 7 Tablet (2013)), running Cyanogenmod 13 - and during the update from Viper4Android 2.4 (which worked) to 2.5, both of them stopped processing audio.  V4A runs, but the status for the driver is always "Processinig: No".

Mar 18, 2017 at 7:59 AM Post #14,075 of 16,326
Hi xD

I Have some Questions about "DAmex method" for my XDP-100R....
If I understand this method, we Install a NEW ROM, exactly a Smartphone on Android....

So, Root, de-lock Boatloader, Install Recovery, use ADB, Install ROM.... Oki... xD

But, Where is the Stok ROM for XDP-100r???
So if this ROM bug, or later I don't want ot, where is the STOCK ROM ANDROID 5.1.1 of Pioneer?

So other question, Can I install the Player Stock of Pioneer on my XDP-100r with this new ROM?

Thx.

Mar 18, 2017 at 9:39 AM Post #14,076 of 16,326
I looked at videos on Youtube where people are running it on phones.  Don't know if that matters.  But I am very new at this and am running a ONKYO DP-X1.  Is there something other than the standard interface that produces better sound on the device.  Also, I do not wish to "root" my device, just run it stock.

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #14,077 of 16,326
  I looked at videos on Youtube where people are running it on phones.  Don't know if that matters.  But I am very new at this and am running a ONKYO DP-X1.  Is there something other than the standard interface that produces better sound on the device.  Also, I do not wish to "root" my device, just run it stock.

​Try working with the EQ and settings.  I didn't like the stock onkyo player at first.  But after I played with the settings, and a lot with the EQ, I now use the stock player.  I use the X1 paired with a creative E5 amp in my car and I absolutely love the X1 it! 

Mar 18, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #14,078 of 16,326
  Hi xD

I Have some Questions about "DAmex method" for my XDP-100R....
If I understand this method, we Install a NEW ROM, exactly a Smartphone on Android....

So, Root, de-lock Boatloader, Install Recovery, use ADB, Install ROM.... Oki... xD

But, Where is the Stok ROM for XDP-100r???
So if this ROM bug, or later I don't want ot, where is the STOCK ROM ANDROID 5.1.1 of Pioneer?

So other question, Can I install the Player Stock of Pioneer on my XDP-100r with this new ROM?

Thx.

Courtesy of XVortex, a link to the most recent stock firmware for Onkyo / Pioneer (0.1.37.8_20161104.013642)
https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota/onkyo_raizin32_raizin32/1295292967f8c11f806630c670f0d2b3e0189588.zip

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #14,079 of 16,326
I am contemplating on upgrading my aging ibasso DX90 to DP-X1A or DX200.  Really just want balanced out and a decent sound stage. From what I can tell, Onkyo is pretty much the best bang for the buck right now.  Would this be a solid buy for a few years?

Don't have an amp, will be using it with my Ether C's.

Mar 18, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #14,081 of 16,326

​Try working with the EQ and settings.  I didn't like the stock onkyo player at first.  But after I played with the settings, and a lot with the EQ, I now use the stock player.  I use the X1 paired with a creative E5 amp in my car and I absolutely love the X1 it! 

Oh,

I'm fine with the stock player - really like it actually.  Just wasn't sure what all the fuss was about for Viper and some of the other  "adds".

Mar 19, 2017 at 12:13 AM Post #14,082 of 16,326
** SOLVED ** 
Hi,
Facing an issue with my DP-X1 - looking for some advice from this forum.
I bought the Onkyo DP-X1 about 2 months ago and went ahead and bought a Sandisk Ultra SDXC 128GB microSD card today for expanding storage.
I tried entering it into the microSD card slots in the DP-X1 - however, the card isn't "clicking in". It's just losely entered with about 2-3mm of the microSD card hanging out of the slot. No matter how much I push it in - it's not clicking and staying.
Has anyone else found a similar issue? Any suggestions? Really frustrating :frowning2:

Mar 19, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #14,084 of 16,326
  Hi,
Facing an issue with my DP-X1 - looking for some advice from this forum.
I bought the Onkyo DP-X1 about 2 months ago and went ahead and bought a Sandisk Ultra SDXC 128GB microSD card today for expanding storage.
I tried entering it into the microSD card slots in the DP-X1 - however, the card isn't "clicking in". It's just losely entered with about 2-3mm of the microSD card hanging out of the slot. No matter how much I push it in - it's not clicking and staying.
Has anyone else found a similar issue? Any suggestions? Really frustrating :frowning2:

Maybe a stupid question, but did you try inserting it upside down? The card doesn't go in right-side up.

Mar 19, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #14,085 of 16,326
  Have you carried it in your pocket? You might try an air can and see if there is lint to blow out of the slot.

Maybe a stupid question, but did you try inserting it upside down? The card doesn't go in right-side up.

Hey ... I'm just an absolute dolt of the nth order ... must have drank wayyyyy too much for St Pattys yesterday ...
EElegance triggered me to try a couple of things - and I tried to be more "gentle" with the card as I entered it and it clicked in place ... incredible ... not a lint issue.
Stupidity was short lived thankfully. Thanks for triggering some thoughts and spurring me into motion. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back