ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Feb 4, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #13,592 of 16,326

I got a question for people using viper4android If I try it without starting the Onkyo music player first where the driver load without problem and say” processing yes” I would get “processing no” on all other players even on Spotify except if as I said if I trigger the driver with the OEM player in a first place, putting SELINUX to Permissive on or off make no difference !?

Second question the first time when I installed the driver I think but I am not sure I had the option to choose the quality of the driver, but now even If I remove it and reinstall it the option is not there anymore?

Feb 4, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #13,593 of 16,326
Re previous post
"As mentioned, I believe the DP-X1A's 2.5mm balanced jack's layout is: R-/L-/R+/L+ (according to the multi-meter & sound)
Can someone else also check and confirm please? -- Just in case I have purchased a bum-unit"

I have the DP-X1A and can confirm the balanced jack is the same as the A&K standard , using both hand made and purchased 2.5 mm to 4 pin xlr as per diagram

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #13,594 of 16,326
That is worrisome...
Then, do I have a non-standard/bum DP-X1A unit?

Here is the wiring of the XLR:

And the wiring of the 2.5mm TRRS jack

Video clip of the sound test

Never mind...
I am a retard.

In my stupidity, I counted the 2.5m TRRS contacts from the base upward, and didn't correlate them to the actual TRRS jack 'bands'.

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #13,595 of 16,326
Just got the dpx1, would just like to ask since i noticed some skips with spotify and tidal offline, is it really due to the download location in the memory card? So moving it to the internal card is confirmed to solve this issue? Any other workaround? Would prefer to use the sd card since i have a large capacity one but if no choice then will have to stick to the internal... i read about this at the start of the thread, actually thought it was resolved already didnt bother researching again before i bought it... Thanks in advance for your inputs :)

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #13,596 of 16,326
That is worrisome...
Then, do I have a non-standard/bum DP-X1A unit?

Here is the wiring of the XLR:

And the wiring of the 2.5mm TRRS jack

Video clip of the sound test

Never mind...
I am a retard.

In my stupidity, I counted the 2.5m TRRS contacts from the base upward, and didn't correlate them to the actual TRRS jack 'bands'.

I knew it! That's what I meant with my previous comment. Glad you got it sorted, enjoy!

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #13,597 of 16,326
Just got the dpx1, would just like to ask since i noticed some skips with spotify and tidal offline, is it really due to the download location in the memory card? So moving it to the internal card is confirmed to solve this issue? Any other workaround? Would prefer to use the sd card since i have a large capacity one but if no choice then will have to stick to the internal... i read about this at the start of the thread, actually thought it was resolved already didnt bother researching again before i bought it... Thanks in advance for your inputs :)

It will improvw a lot but certain tracks suffer from the skips

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #13,598 of 16,326

I got a question for people using viper4android If I try it without starting the Onkyo music player first where the driver load without problem and say” processing yes” I would get “processing no” on all other players even on Spotify except if as I said if I trigger the driver with the OEM player in a first place, putting SELINUX to Permissive on or off make no difference !?

Second question the first time when I installed the driver I think but I am not sure I had the option to choose the quality of the driver, but now even If I remove it and reinstall it the option is not there anymore?

There are several different versions of Viper4Android that can be downloaded and installed.  For V4A specific questions, the various XDA Forums are your best bet for getting answers.
The option to select the quality of the driver is in an older version, but not in v2.5.0.5 (FX) that I have installed on my rooted DP-X1.
v2.5.0.5 (FX) works with any of the media apps that I've got installed, including YouTube.

Feb 5, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #13,599 of 16,326
Just ordered the DP-X1. Looking for recommendations for balanced IEMs. Most I have found are $1,000+, but those are out of my price range. Looking for something around $400. Thank you all.

Try google gr7x it is a Chinese brand and come with both 2.5 and 3.5 cables. A dpx1a used it review is positive.

Feb 5, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #13,600 of 16,326
There are more and more iem that comes in 2.5 balance jack originally. So will save trouble in getting into the balanced game.

Feb 5, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #13,602 of 16,326
  Just ordered the DP-X1. Looking for recommendations for balanced IEMs. Most I have found are $1,000+, but those are out of my price range. Looking for something around $400. Thank you all.

I believe @addyg is referring to the the Vsonic GR07X.. I used to to own the previous generation version of it, and they were awesome.. great bang for buck.

There's also the Sennheiser IE80 in the USD.200 mark range.. also another IEM I owned and really enjoyed.  You'd need a bespoke or boutique 2.5mm balanced cable for them, but they should be cheap on eBay, etc. depending on where you stay.

There's also the triple-driver Westone W30 & Sony MDR7550 that I know of, in that price range.

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #13,603 of 16,326
I believe @addyg
is referring to the the Vsonic GR07X.. I used to to own the previous generation version of it, and they were awesome.. great bang for buck.

There's also the Sennheiser IE80 in the USD.200 mark range.. also another IEM I owned and really enjoyed.  You'd need a bespoke or boutique 2.5mm balanced cable for them, but they should be cheap on eBay, etc. depending on where you stay.

There's also the triple-driver Westone W30 & Sony MDR7550 that I know of, in that price range.

Yes, that's the model

Users who are viewing this thread

Back