ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 20, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #11,416 of 16,326
I would consider B&H, but I do not have a credit card or debit card so I must pay with gift cards.  It seems like Onkyo on Amazon is my best bet.  Moon Audio's service is terrible.  I will not be spending my hard earned limited funds there even if I have to pay a little more.

To me B&H is best. Their customers are priority.
I did not buy the DP-X1 from them but I did buy camera and lenses and Fiio X5 from them.

Sep 20, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #11,417 of 16,326
For me, you should buy from here. It's cheaper than those sites alot. He offers a year warranty. His shipping is really fast too. It's just about 3-5 days from hongkong to the us. I bought 2 dpx1s from him. The last one i bought like a month ago. It's the new model. Its fixed all problems with sockets.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Onkyo-DP-X1-B-High-Res-Audio-Player-with-Built-in-DAC-Headphone-Amplifier-Black-/121869554490?hash=item1c5ffdd33a:g:rVEAAOSwqYBWngqE

Sep 20, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #11,418 of 16,326
According to Onkyo ebay is not authorized to sell their products and the warranty on those products will be void.  If the seller offers a warranty I would be a little worried that they would not honor it.  I don't do fleebay anyway after some bad transactions.  I cannot vouch for for the site anymore.  It has gotten untrustworthy for me.

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #11,419 of 16,326
For me, you should buy from here. It's cheaper than those sites alot. He offers a year warranty. His shipping is really fast too. It's just about 3-5 days from hongkong to the us. I bought 2 dpx1s from him. The last one i bought like a month ago. It's the new model. Its fixed all problems with sockets.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Onkyo-DP-X1-B-High-Res-Audio-Player-with-Built-in-DAC-Headphone-Amplifier-Black-/121869554490?hash=item1c5ffdd33a:g:rVEAAOSwqYBWngqE

I can't attest to the warranty that he provides but I can tell you that the customer service is excellent.  I ordered the DP-X1 about 6 hours before finding out about the upcoming DP-X1a.  I wrote back requesting a refund so that I could purchase the newer model when it was available.  He was under no obligation to refund my money but responded within 48 hours, apologized for the delay, and cheerfully and rapidly refunded the money which has been re-credited to my credit-card account.  Of course this would not be covered by Onkyo USA warranty but that is a chance some are willing to take for the discount over other retail prices.

I've had great experiences with B&H as well.  I've bought a number of Fiio's for family gifts, always getting rapid and free shipping and new products in excellent condition.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #11,420 of 16,326
I don't have Paypal, a bank account or debit/credit cards so Amazon or Best Buy are my only options.  Best Buy still has it according to my last looked at items on Best Buy.  I click on it and it appears to be available.  I would prefer Amazon from Onkyo directly personally.  I have had some problems ordering from Best Buy a while back and have not ordered anything since from them.  Best Buy decided to start sending me the completely wrong items when I would order merchandise and deny a return/exchange.  I like my chances with Onkyo through Amazon.  I feel it would be the best chance of getting the correct version with no defects.

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #11,421 of 16,326
  I don't have Paypal, a bank account or debit/credit cards so Amazon or Best Buy are my only options.  Best Buy still has it according to my last looked at items on Best Buy.  I click on it and it appears to be available.  I would prefer Amazon from Onkyo directly personally.  I have had some problems ordering from Best Buy a while back and have not ordered anything since from them.  Best Buy decided to start sending me the completely wrong items when I would order merchandise and deny a return/exchange.  I like my chances with Onkyo through Amazon.  I feel it would be the best chance of getting the correct version with no defects.

No its not. You can pick up a pre paid debit card or credit card up from places like walmart or best buy where you can purchase from anywhere.

Sep 21, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #11,422 of 16,326

Actually, I seldom hear jack problem in HK. Although mine is Japan version.

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #11,424 of 16,326
I only had them for a week. But I really liked the sound of Mojo compared to Onkyo DP-X1. It might have due to DP-X1 not being able to fully drive my headphones. Since when using with Mojo, DP-X1's DAC/AMP are bypassed, sound signature is basically of Mojo's.

Obviously more body to the sound, slightly attenuated treble, warmer sound than DP-X1, detailed, wider sound stage (but not much), very well-balanced in general. But makes ill-recorded tracks pretty bad since you can hear the artifacts and compressed dynamic range.

Let me know if you have specific questions. I'll answer them upto what I remember.

Agree with the impressions here. I have Heir 4 and mg6pro iems and LCD XC. The DP-X1 is good for many reasons eg memory capacity, UI/navigation and sound, with the extra wifi/Bluetooth connectivity. I'm not really into the Android apps stuff, but you don't get many DAP checking so many boxes at once for that price range. Sound is clean and detailed and neutral. However compared to the mojo, the music is more engaging. The difference is less obvious on acoustic, vocal tracks but on more complex tracks the mojo show better separation, bass is better defined and with more meat. Having said that, I still like my DP-X1 on the go. Only disappointment is the battery life. I read 16 hours but I never managed to get mine going for more than 4-5 hours ;(

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #11,425 of 16,326
Hey guys, can you guys advice if I should get a second hand dpx1 now? I am currently using a ve monk plus while I wait for my reshelled noble 4s to come back and I also have a pair of hd600s. I have tried the dpx1 before and the sound was great but I am just kind of worried about the battery life. For you guys, is the battery life sufficient? Dpx1a aand dpx1 has the same battery capability so I believe both models will have the same battery life. Thank you!

(Or is mojo a better option? Thank you!)

Sep 21, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #11,426 of 16,326
Hey guys, can you guys advice if I should get a second hand dpx1 now? I am currently using a ve monk plus while I wait for my reshelled noble 4s to come back and I also have a pair of hd600s. I have tried the dpx1 before and the sound was great but I am just kind of worried about the battery life. For you guys, is the battery life sufficient? Dpx1a aand dpx1 has the same battery capability so I believe both models will have the same battery life. Thank you!

My three month old DP-X1 has a 12 hr battery life and using it every day.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #11,427 of 16,326

My three month old DP-X1 has a 12 hr battery life and using it every day.

mine got almost 9 hr non stop playing.
not bad actually.

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #11,428 of 16,326

No its not. You can pick up a pre paid debit card or credit card up from places like walmart or best buy where you can purchase from anywhere.<

From what I have experienced most places don't accept prepaid gift debit or green dot cards.  They also cannot be refunded if a return is made.  The card just get permanently locked up forever.  I am on financial aide for college and I cannot have any credit debit cards even prepaid or any income or titles to property, vehicles and such.  I would have to pay back all of my financial aide plus interest if I broke the agreement.  I cannot afford that.

Sep 21, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #11,429 of 16,326
I think you need to go look at your financial aid paperwork again as i dont think you understand it. They can not restrict ownership of a bank account and a debit card, just requirements for amount of income, savings , property assets value including investments remain under a certain bracket required for the amount of financial aide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back