ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 4, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #11,191 of 16,326
Perhaps the dpx2 is a lower priced (!) take at apples ipod touch?

Heh. Judging from the screen size, it looks like a successor, rather than a forked device. I like the idea of a large, spacious screen, and it's something I'd openly welcome in any new DAP. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one. I'm hoping Onkyo's engineers were as eager to make the X2 as good a device as the X1, instead of going down the tech-standard route of cramming more features into the new iteration, superfluous or not.

Camera??? What do they thinking?

LOL. I don't actually see myself using a camera at all when listening to music. Besides, if you have medium to large-sized cables for your IEMs/cans, positioning the camera phone DAP to take a shot can be a little unwieldy.

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #11,193 of 16,326
Unlikely to buy it (I have a hard time with anything over £300 or so anyway)but rules me out anyway as not allowed camera where I work so that's one sale down no matter how it sounds!

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #11,195 of 16,326
Heh. Judging from the screen size, it looks like a successor, rather than a forked device. I like the idea of a large, spacious screen, and it's something I'd openly welcome in any new DAP. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this one. I'm hoping Onkyo's engineers were as eager to make the X2 as good a device as the X1, instead of going down the tech-standard route of cramming more features into the new iteration, superfluous or not.

I completely agree and share your hopes! Far too often you see the new version really just providing bells and whistles, but failing to substantively address areas that the predecessor needed to improve in. Still, hope springs eternal as they say so I hope the X2 will indeed be a worthy successor.

Sep 4, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #11,196 of 16,326
Nothing beat New Walkman, totally all out audio, Walkman OS, native DSD from Sony itself and 250mW per channel in balanced

However, it is excellent to have Onkyo doing a different approach. We don't know which will end up winning, but certainly an all out device like Onkyo is doing is more practical anyways

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #11,197 of 16,326
Nothing beat New Walkman, totally all out audio, Walkman OS, native DSD from Sony itself and 250mW per channel in balanced

However, it is excellent to have Onkyo doing a different approach. We don't know which will end up winning, but certainly an all out device like Onkyo is doing is more practical anyways

We haven't heard it yet so we can't be sure of the Sony being unbeatable in audio, but if the ZX2 is any indication, it should be pretty amazing sounding. Now $3000 amazing, that is another story, but can't wait to see after it hits the market.

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #11,198 of 16,326
We haven't heard it yet so we can't be sure of the Sony being unbeatable in audio, but if the ZX2 is any indication, it should be pretty amazing sounding. Now $3000 amazing, that is another story, but can't wait to see after it hits the market.

My post directed at people who wanted an "All Out" dedicated to music. Tell me, what DAP out there has it own OS that was developed from the ground up like Walkman OS, and whose technology DSD native belong to ? That was what I meant for an Ultimate all out portable DAP, which is dedicated to music.

I never meant to say Walkman sounded the best on the market at the moment ....I would never say that

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #11,199 of 16,326
Anyone here planning on heading to IFA? I am curious about the thickness of the mini DP-X1. I really wish it is a powerful amp inside.

Sep 4, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #11,200 of 16,326
My post directed at people who wanted an "All Out" dedicated to music. Tell me, what DAP out there has it own OS that was developed from the ground up like Walkman OS, and whose technology DSD native belong to ? That was what I meant for an Ultimate all out portable DAP, which is dedicated to music.

I never meant to say Walkman sounded the best on the market at the moment ....I would never say that

I get you now, I misunderstood what you were getting at. Isn't the Loto Paw Gold supposed to be pretty amazing in terms of being pure audio focused? I would agree, nobody is likely to come close to the Sony UI. I don't frankly think DSD is anything special, maybe I'll have my mind changed on that front so I reserve the right to change my mind, but currently I think DSD is really hype driven. Still, when I get a solid chance I will really try and see if DSD holds anything special as I really haven't tried to actually test so I need to disclose that.

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #11,201 of 16,326
I get you now, I misunderstood what you were getting at. Isn't the Loto Paw Gold supposed to be pretty amazing in terms of being pure audio focused? I would agree, nobody is likely to come close to the Sony UI. I don't frankly think DSD is anything special, maybe I'll have my mind changed on that front so I reserve the right to change my mind, but currently I think DSD is really hype driven. Still, when I get a solid chance I will really try and see if DSD holds anything special as I really haven't tried to actually test so I need to disclose that.

Also true to the Paw as well :). But this hobby is getting ridiculously expensive.

Sep 4, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #11,202 of 16,326
To anyone who have tried to compare both or owned both. Do you think DP-X1 on balanced beats QP1R in driving power ? Thanks

Sep 5, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #11,203 of 16,326
Ahh cool i see. My player will arive monday will be good to back it up.
Yes ive rooted HTC M8 and Galaxy S5 ..great idea.

Fumny i just got a DP-X1 and now a new model is out ! Oh well i got this one because i dont want a phone as a DAP. Or internet everywhere

The x2 (or x11) is planned for 2017 release. I think it has a lot to do before release.

Sep 5, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #11,205 of 16,326
  To anyone who have tried to compare both or owned both. Do you think DP-X1 on balanced beats QP1R in driving power ? Thanks

I never tried to compare both for driving power, but on sound quality.... The QP1R totally smokes the DPX1 balanced. It was like comparing a desktop rig to a portable rig to my ears. However, despite the QP1R being leagues ahead, I'm using the DPX1 now because 1) Lower priced and 2) Better UI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back