ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 3, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #11,162 of 16,326
Also featured the compact version

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #11,163 of 16,326
Is onkyoo make a phone?
Shame.. I just Bought htc 10 for that purpose..

I would be wary of a company like Onkyo making a smartphone, updates to the latest OS would be my concern along with battery life.

Each to their own but I do not want an all in one device, probably as current devices do not fare very well when trying to achieve this, they are always a compromise IMO

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #11,164 of 16,326
It is probably called dp-x11 which carry the tradition of dp-x1.

The mother board may be one piece design and need more capacity for battery.

dp-x1 may still be ahead of x11 in term of pure sound quality.

But this phone is more Hi-fi capable than any phone in the market.

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #11,165 of 16,326
The mini x1 is Linux based instead of Android. Even with balanced port it is no fight vs dp-x1 for streaming music and apps.

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #11,166 of 16,326
While the pioneer xdp-100r will upgrade to xdp-300r with all functions of dp-x1. Not sure there will be any upgrade for dac or battery.

Sep 3, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #11,167 of 16,326
I think after the success of dp-x1, Onkyo really like to become a major player in Hi-fi DAP market. And it is one step ahead of Sony to offer a DAP with phone functions.

It is interesting that a phone is built around the concept of an pure DAP.

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #11,169 of 16,326
I think after the success of dp-x1, Onkyo really like to become a major player in Hi-fi DAP market. And it is one step ahead of Sony to offer a DAP with phone functions.

It is interesting that a phone is built around the concept of an pure DAP.

You are mistaken it. Sony with the Walkman line is unique to it own rights. It uses no off the shelves DAC, it uses Sony own S-Master. You can argue that it still has a DAC, sure it does, but it is still designed by Sony, and this chip set is different from those "off the shelves" such as ES Sabres like what Onkyo is using.

Off the shelves are easy to implement in a smartphones and can act as DAP with good implementations and balanced out connection. I welcome DAP+phone together as it is a good combination that is more than likely to win the mass market.

However, for pure portable musicality, Walkman has it. I meant musicality as more analog feeling to the music

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #11,170 of 16,326
Well, basically the Japanese speaker describes what she is seeing. "It seem to have a camera", "It seem to have a SIM-Slot" etc. No word whether this is a phone or not. 

This is at IFA in Berlin. I am wondering why the speaker of this video does not simply ask the Onkyo staff who is presenting this device? Weird....

By the way, I will be at IFA on tuesday and will have a look by myself! :) 

Quote:
  can anybody here translated to english?

Sep 3, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #11,171 of 16,326
ideas anybody? 
confused_face(1).gif

Thank you! :)

Quote:
  Is anybody else having issues with the DP-X1 and Apple Music?

On my DP-X1 in Apple Music I cannot add songs to Playlists and also not download more than about 200 songs at once (otherwise download freezes).

I completely reinstalled Android and also Apple Music several times - but the issue just does not disappear. 
Also, I have checked a friend`s Android phone if he has the same issue - he did not!

So it must be the DP-X1 firmware I guess?

Any ideas or experiences?

Thanks!

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #11,175 of 16,326
Reinstall Android? Wat
Blame apple. I don't use their services and perfectly fine.
I you describe your situation clearly, someone might help

Hi!

Well, I meant I resetted the player completely without backup. But the problem came back, so for sure it is not a temporary bug.

I want to use Apple music because I get it for free and also my job has to do with it. 

It seems it is not an Apple problem but a problem of the DP-X1. I think so because the Android version of Apple Music works fine on another Android device of a friend of mine. 

The situation is as I have described before: When I add songs to playlists basically nothing happens. It simply does not work. Also, I can`t download more than 150 songs at once, the download freezes. 

It must be a problem with the DP-X1 firmware user rights and the iCloud library I suppose. I just don`t know how to solve it.Maybe somebody else? I am also interested to hear if I am the only one who has this problem? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back