ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 2, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #11,146 of 16,326
I don't mind Onkyo making phones but they should make a true replacement for DP-X1 without making some head scratching decisions on their device. Something that can replace DP-X1 on its price bracket while giving a fight to those in $1500+ area.

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:05 PM Post #11,147 of 16,326
  I don't mind Onkyo making phones but they should make a true replacement for DP-X1 without making some head scratching decisions on their device. Something that can replace DP-X1 on its price bracket while giving a fight to those in $1500+ area

Yeah, they should make something at $1000 and break those 1.5k,2k,3k dap at fraction of their cost. If they actually do so, they will be our savior because I could only see dap's price increased to 5k in the nex few years, it's ridiculous these days... 

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #11,148 of 16,326
Sep 2, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #11,149 of 16,326
I would definitely stay away if they are transforming it into a phone. That means less space and less resources spent on audio hardware, not even mention interference from phone parts  

Sep 3, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #11,152 of 16,326
  Why unlocking, is there any custom firmware in the work or available already? 

yeah and not only that.
#1 - i am trying to get vanilla kernel sources + some patches up on dp-x1 and then cyanogenmod running. if i succeed might be the first DAP running Cyanogenmod :)
#2 - you can have some fail safe plan in case of software failure. you can back up your stock firmware to restore it later. twrp will help you with that.
#3 - easier to get proper root without some bloatware (kingroot thing that you have to clean up later + bloatware it comes with?) getting to your DAP.

#2 and #3 is not enough to be reasonable to unlock it?

Sep 3, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #11,154 of 16,326
there are rumors saying the dp-x1 successor that i posted above might be a smartphone. well do notice that there's a hearing bar on it which is usually found on phone.

did they include gps there ? for people to play pokemon go on their dap :)

some people assumes that's a sim card slot at the bottom.

You beat me to it @Replicant187 

Not only does that seem like a SIM tray (note the hole for the ejection tool)

BUT.........

The two bands about 10mm in from the top and bottom of the phone DAP which is similar to the aerial configuration on many modern smartphones such as the OnePlus 3 & iPhone 6S

Despite my opinions above, I don't think it will be a phone but aimed to compete directly with the iPod Touch which has GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth and all but a mobile built in. 
Pokeman Go is a Go if this is the case @damex

I would be interested to see the smaller version and how it matches in size and form to my Mojo *

*Yes that was meant for the "Why buy an expensive DAP to pair with a Mojo" crew 
wink_face.gif

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #11,156 of 16,326
yeah and not only that.
#1 - i am trying to get vanilla kernel sources + some patches up on dp-x1 and then cyanogenmod running. if i succeed might be the first DAP running Cyanogenmod :)
#2 - you can have some fail safe plan in case of software failure. you can back up your stock firmware to restore it later. twrp will help you with that.
#3 - easier to get proper root without some bloatware (kingroot thing that you have to clean up later + bloatware it comes with?) getting to your DAP.

#2 and #3 is not enough to be reasonable to unlock it?

This is great idea, if you get any tutorial on how to do this please let us know :)

Sep 3, 2016 at 5:35 AM Post #11,157 of 16,326
Sep 3, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #11,159 of 16,326
This is great idea, if you get any tutorial on how to do this please let us know
smily_headphones1.gif

what do you need guide about? recovery? you can click backup in twrp backing up boot and system and then restore it in case of need.
root? just install supersu zip through twrp recovery.

or you want me to write detailed how-to for #2 and #3?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back