ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Aug 13, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #10,862 of 16,328
My dignis case just came today
smily_headphones1.gif

I love the new colours that Dignis is producing. There was only boring black available when I bought mine.

Personally however I prefer the fully covered memory card slots on the original design.

Aug 13, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #10,863 of 16,328
I installed VLC player, Foobar 2000 for Androind - much better sounding than native Onkyo player.
Bluetooth Pair - solves issues with bad native Onkyo Bluetooth connection.
Battery Doctor - for better battery charging and power management.

That won't be using the ESSDACs you just spent the money on. You may aswell bought a note 4 or something.

Aug 13, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #10,864 of 16,328
  This is an update to the Onkyo Music Player app. Folder browsing now available

I installed Onkyo HF Player, unlocked it, but cannot see where folder browsing is available....under "more" there are genres, compilations, composers, format but no "folder" option." I am using an android phone, not the DP-X1, so perhaps it's not available....or am I missing something?

Any help appreciated.

Aug 13, 2016 at 11:53 PM Post #10,866 of 16,328
That won't be using the ESSDACs you just spent the money on. You may aswell bought a note 4 or something.

That seems incorrect, how is it that the DA conversion happens. Not on the SoC unless I'm mistaken so how else could this occur? I'm not trying to be confrontational or rude, but this has been discussed on several occasions in this thread previously.

Edit: my apology mate as I somehow missed that you were discussing Bluetooth with the other poster so my bad for missing that. Cheers and hope I didn't offend.

Aug 14, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #10,867 of 16,328

I love the new colours that Dignis is producing. There was only boring black available when I bought mine.

Personally however I prefer the fully covered memory card slots on the original design.

Open memory card slots on the Dignis Case is the main reason why I purchased the original dp-x1 case, my memory card pops out of the slot 2 times without touching it. And the buttons on the Dignis are hard to press.

Aug 14, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #10,869 of 16,328
That seems incorrect, how is it that the DA conversion happens. Not on the SoC unless I'm mistaken so how else could this occur? I'm not trying to be confrontational or rude, but this has been discussed on several occasions in this thread previously.

I'm assuming since he's using a Bluetooth connection, the conversion takes places after it digitally reaches the headphones. Unless I'm missing something. Which is extremely likely, cuz that's what I'm known for.

Aug 14, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #10,870 of 16,328
  My memory card isn't easy to pop out, but buttons are a little hard to press, not like the original one.

My memory card (slot 2) popped out twice within 1 week of use, didn't happen again (might happen again in the future). Covered memory card slot on the original DP-X1 case is a big help for me, I just need to slide the unit out a little bit just in case I want to insert other memory cards. Besides, memory card slots should be kept closed/covered all the time to prevent dust/moisture from getting inside the unit and cause poor contact within the memory card and contact terminals.

Aug 14, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #10,871 of 16,328
Hi guys,
Anyone have any opinion on the mojo connect to dpx1 vs the mojo connect to cayin n5..?

I myself experienced that the dpx1 deliver better soundstage, instrument separation and air with more engaging play..
Taking exampkr of the song " killing me softly by roberta franklin"
Anyone have any comment on this..?
As per mojo is just the dac/amp that translate the transport right..

Thanks,
Jonathan

Aug 14, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #10,872 of 16,328
I'm assuming since he's using a Bluetooth connection, the conversion takes places after it digitally reaches the headphones. Unless I'm missing something. Which is extremely likely, cuz that's what I'm known for.

I must have missed something, my apology as I didn't realize they were discussing Bluetooth. My bad, yes if that is the case with Bluetooth all the internals of the DP-X1 are bypassed and the processing and amplification take place on the headphone. That is why I sold my DP-X1, I went Bluetooth for portable music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back