ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Aug 11, 2016 at 5:41 PM Post #10,831 of 16,326

+1, too much hassle to get a Dignis case here in US. Not to mention ZZOZZ case is cheaper...

How is it a hassle? I bought mine on the website and had it within a week. Great fit and it come with a screen protector and a film for the top to protect the exposed area. Yes it is a bit high priced but Dignis makes a quality product.

Aug 11, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #10,832 of 16,326
How is it a hassle? I bought mine on the website and had it within a week. Great fit and it come with a screen protector and a film for the top to protect the exposed area. Yes it is a bit high priced but Dignis makes a quality product.

Thanks for your reply.
How about the customs duty? Are you charged with that? I heard it will add substantially to the final price.

Aug 11, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #10,833 of 16,326
X1 + Andromeda is a good combination!

Are you using it balanced output ? I am also curious about this combination, currently using the Dragonfly Red and it's pretty good but still requires stacking with my iPhone

Aug 11, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #10,834 of 16,326
  Recently on this thread I've read comments about that the SE output of the DP-X1 being "crap" or subpar.  I was just going to ignore the post(s) and move along, but the more I think about the comments, I feel compelled to chime in.  Within the past year I've owned/used the Sony NW-ZX2, iBasso DX80, AK Jr, FiiO X5II, and lastly ONKYO DP-X1.  IMO, the DP-X1 surpasses all the aforementioned DAPs.  I say this while using the SE output.  The only contender to the DP-X1 is the ZX2, but the ZX2's noise floor is not as silent.  As far as the other DAPs I just feel that they don't have the dynamics and clarity as the DP-X1, nor do they have as black of noise floor as the DP-X1.  Don't get me wrong, all the other DAPs mentioned are great audio players.  I was seeking the most out of my music and find the DP-X1 fits my preferences the best.  Heck I even returned my original DP-X1, because I just felt that $800 bucks was a lot to spend on a DAP and tried the DX80 and FiiO X5II a second go around.  I wanted to be happy with either DAP, but as I listened to them I just kept feeling things missing.  I would hear a particular song and just think to myself, "Man, I remember this song sounding a lot better on the DP-X1"  So I ordered the DP-X1, last week from Moon Audio.  No jack problems, BTW (didn't have them on my 1st one, either).  I immediately went back to those songs that made me feel unsatisfied when playing in the X5II and DX80 and listening to them on the DP-X1, again, I thought "that's the sound I was missing."

Again, this is my opinion, but the DP-X1 (SE Output) is stellar.  I look forward to eventually trying the balanced output. 

Now referring to the Audeze Sine headphones.  I read comments that the DP-X1 could not drive the Sine headphones.  Again, I have to disagree on the ability of the DP-X1 to drive the Sine.  I will agree that the Sine requires a little more juice.  However,  I can listen to the Sine on High Gain and only need to set the volume at 105 to 115.  I listen to my music loud, not to the point of damaging my hearing or feeling discomfort, but loud enough to feel the music and enjoy it.  Depending on the song, setting volume to 105 - 115 is loud with Sine headphones.  That's only using 66-72% volume, plenty of room to spare.  With the Jays Q-Jays 2nd gen I lower the gain to normal and set volume at around 85 to 95.

So to sum up, the DP-X1 is a great sounding and power sufficient DAP and no one should hesitate to try it out.

I agree 100% that DP-X1 SE output Has fuller and amazing sound ,I am so happy to use my JH Audio Angie II both in BAL and SE output and go back and forth and I am so happy and for your kind information I am also owner of ZX2 ,D90 and V10 and Sony Z7 and JVC FX 850 and still always go to my DP-X1 and I am thourghly enjoying it .Thanks

Aug 11, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #10,836 of 16,326
I did not pay any customs fees or anything beyond the initial payment. Shipping to the USA.

Sounds good!   
beerchug.gif

Aug 11, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #10,838 of 16,326
  Question for DP-X1 owners, and Android DAP owners in general, do you run any antivirus software on your players? If so, any effect on battery life or sound playback?

Every music I put on my daps come from my pc so I have no need for antivirus on them. I personally would never dl straight to them.

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #10,839 of 16,326
I just received my DP-X1 2 days ago, and I'm loving it. Origianlly ordered 2 200gb micro sd cards, but after a few hours realized that I need a 3rd so I could put everything within reach! But I have a complaint, is there any way to turn off gapless? Most of my music isn't needing to be played right into each other. 

Coming from a DX100 as my first DAP, this one seems better, not by a lot, but it is a little better. The balanced headphone makes it that much better. Still have a DX50, but maybe not for much longer. The only plus it has, the usb dac. 

Aug 11, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #10,840 of 16,326
  I just received my DP-X1 2 days ago, and I'm loving it. Origianlly ordered 2 200gb micro sd cards, but after a few hours realized that I need a 3rd so I could put everything within reach! But I have a complaint, is there any way to turn off gapless? Most of my music isn't needing to be played right into each other. 

Coming from a DX100 as my first DAP, this one seems better, not by a lot, but it is a little better. The balanced headphone makes it that much better. Still have a DX50, but maybe not for much longer. The only plus it has, the usb dac. 

I don't know if this will help you regarding the gapless issue:

Onkyo Music App > Settings > (under Playback) Turn OFF Crossfade

Aug 12, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #10,843 of 16,326
:xf_eek: I find this very odd, I think the Onkyo is probably influencing the sound on Oppo PM-3.

I find myself jamming to fun songs including fast paced Eastern European and Asian Electronic Music/Pop music.

Usually I'd have Meze 99 Classics for fun sound. I suspect maybe Onkyo is producing the extra jamming sound on top of Oppo's flat sound.
It feels very similar to the Meze experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back