ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Aug 10, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #10,804 of 16,326
^ enjoy your Onkyo DP-X1.

I was downloading some flacs posted on Headfi on the Free FLAC from Bandcamp.
I was trying out some Ambient Music and post-Rock some members posted.'

:xf_eek: I was staring at the wall in my dorm without even realizing it just thinking of the music.

My roomates asked me if I was ok, and that I was just staring at the wall. Normally I would be on my laptop.
I just told them, I was just listening to the music. They thought I was being odd.

O.O I never had that experience being on my Fiio X3 II or LG V10.

Onkyo is completely different than those

Aug 10, 2016 at 7:43 PM Post #10,805 of 16,326
Lolololo, i did the exact same thing. I sold mine and got the fiio x7, returned that and bought another onkyo dp x1.

might I ask what you found lacking in the X7 that you found in the DP-X1? I'm always on the lookout for the next latest and greatest device and the X7 was on my list. I have the DP-X1 and the Sony ZX2. Right now I find more detail in the X1 but prefer the ZX2 because it's more "musical" to me.

Aug 10, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #10,806 of 16,326
might I ask what you found lacking in the X7 that you found in the DP-X1? I'm always on the lookout for the next latest and greatest device and the X7 was on my list. I have the DP-X1 and the Sony ZX2. Right now I find more detail in the X1 but prefer the ZX2 because it's more "musical" to me.

I'm interested as well, there's another user in this thread I've been pming told me he sold his DP X1 for Fiio X7 then returned it to buy DP X1
which intrigues me since Fiio X7 has some powerhouse components on inside.

Aug 10, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #10,807 of 16,326

I'm interested as well, there's another user in this thread I've been pming told me he sold his DP X1 for Fiio X7 then returned it to buy DP X1
which intrigues me since Fiio X7 has some powerhouse components on inside.

I had the X7 for a bit and the DP-X1 is by far a better overall unit. They do sound similar being they have the "Sabre" sound. To me the DP-X1 is one of the best DAPs money can buy right now. I do have a DX80 for my IFI DSD Micro and a Mojo/iPod touch for those days when I want to listen to something different.

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #10,808 of 16,326
Apologies if this has been raised before but I have a bunch of albums that play fine from a directory listing (SD2) but from album or artist will not play (looking at details it shows that format is not recognised (it is blank). In directory mode it is correctly identified as flac and plays fine.

Anybody seen this themselves?

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #10,809 of 16,326
Apologies if this has been raised before but I have a bunch of albums that play fine from a directory listing (SD2) but from album or artist will not play (looking at details it shows that format is not recognised (it is blank). In directory mode it is correctly identified as flac and plays fine.

Album and artist info are contained in the tag. While in directory mode it only use the filename.

You can install an app such as Music tag editor to check tag information.

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:27 PM Post #10,810 of 16,326

Since the album plays fine from directory brousing, I think you need to re-sync your music on the music app settings. Or you may try these steps:
- Format the memory card under Onkyo Settings
- Copy all songs to the memory card
- Re-Sync albums under music App.
+1 on the comment above, TAG your music files properly.

Aug 10, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #10,811 of 16,326

It was the overall sound quality and detail. I couldn't reproduce it with the fiio X7 and my ears missed it so much i had to go back.

My very best sounding dap/amp combo was the Fiio X5 1st gen + Fiio E12a, but the UI was slow and wheel sucked.

Plus the EQ on the DP-X1 lets you tweak the sound as much as you like. "All your bass are belong to us".

Aug 10, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #10,812 of 16,326
I need to ask you all something. How the heck does something like Onkyo DP-X1 have better battery life than the AK70 that I used.

Like it lasts much longer than the 6 -8 hours that I gotten on AK70.

My only guess is better software, hardware optimization I dunno. XD I would never go back

Aug 10, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #10,814 of 16,326
  I need to ask you all something. How the heck does something like Onkyo DP-X1 have better battery life than the AK70 that I used.

Like it lasts much longer than the 6 -8 hours that I gotten on AK70.

My only guess is better software, hardware optimization I dunno. XD I would never go back

I think it is the dac + amp section hardware design that dp-x1 is more efficient in energy consumption.  Most energy are consumed by the dac and amp section.

Aug 11, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #10,815 of 16,326

I think it is the dac + amp section hardware design that dp-x1 is more efficient in energy consumption.  Most energy are consumed by the dac and amp section.

Yeah you are right. cause I'm looking at my Cayin N5. They have a 4,200 MAH Battery. But there's paragraph Andykong or someone within the thread written that they have 3 independent power supply drawing power from battery. Going to digital and analogue section,etc

Onkyo DP-X1 on MP3/AAC is lasting almost as long as Cayin N5. My guess is that 4,200 MAH gets ripped apart 3x within same time frame 10 - 13 hours etc.

Onkyo sounds about right with it's efficient energy consumption on a 1,650 MAH battery to around 10 hours to 16 depending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back