ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Aug 10, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #10,788 of 16,326
Heres mine with the Leather case that original person who traded with me on headfi put on.

Kind wish I took it during day instead of nighttime with poor lighting XD.

Welcome onboard!
beerchug.gif

Aug 10, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #10,792 of 16,326
Was it previously working?

Hi howdy,
Yes, it was OK. My friend said that he shut it off at 30%. Then he connected X1 to laptop and it still shows charging indicator in percentage. However after leaving it be, it somehow unable to start nor able to be charged.
Do you know any hard reset button for X1 or maybe recovery mode?

Thank you.

Regards,
Creavasst

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #10,793 of 16,326
  Hi howdy,
Yes, it was OK. My friend said that he shut it off at 30%. Then he connected X1 to laptop and it still shows charging indicator in percentage. However after leaving it be, it somehow unable to start nor able to be charged.

Thank you.

Regards,
Creavasst

There is no hard reset button. Go to System, Backup/Recovery, and select reset should bring it back to earlier version.

Test it with no additional app installed.

Aug 10, 2016 at 2:11 AM Post #10,794 of 16,326

Was it previously working?

Hi howdy,

Thank you.

Regards,
Creavasst

please try press the power + skip track button (the two top buttons basically)
hope it's helpful

nice one bro!
here's mine with dignis luno red case, just arrived last night.

That red looks really nice!

yeah it is! totally lovin it! 
biggrin.gif

Aug 10, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #10,797 of 16,326
Recently on this thread I've read comments about that the SE output of the DP-X1 being "crap" or subpar.  I was just going to ignore the post(s) and move along, but the more I think about the comments, I feel compelled to chime in.  Within the past year I've owned/used the Sony NW-ZX2, iBasso DX80, AK Jr, FiiO X5II, and lastly ONKYO DP-X1.  IMO, the DP-X1 surpasses all the aforementioned DAPs.  I say this while using the SE output.  The only contender to the DP-X1 is the ZX2, but the ZX2's noise floor is not as silent.  As far as the other DAPs I just feel that they don't have the dynamics and clarity as the DP-X1, nor do they have as black of noise floor as the DP-X1.  Don't get me wrong, all the other DAPs mentioned are great audio players.  I was seeking the most out of my music and find the DP-X1 fits my preferences the best.  Heck I even returned my original DP-X1, because I just felt that $800 bucks was a lot to spend on a DAP and tried the DX80 and FiiO X5II a second go around.  I wanted to be happy with either DAP, but as I listened to them I just kept feeling things missing.  I would hear a particular song and just think to myself, "Man, I remember this song sounding a lot better on the DP-X1"  So I ordered the DP-X1, last week from Moon Audio.  No jack problems, BTW (didn't have them on my 1st one, either).  I immediately went back to those songs that made me feel unsatisfied when playing in the X5II and DX80 and listening to them on the DP-X1, again, I thought "that's the sound I was missing."

Again, this is my opinion, but the DP-X1 (SE Output) is stellar.  I look forward to eventually trying the balanced output. 

Now referring to the Audeze Sine headphones.  I read comments that the DP-X1 could not drive the Sine headphones.  Again, I have to disagree on the ability of the DP-X1 to drive the Sine.  I will agree that the Sine requires a little more juice.  However,  I can listen to the Sine on High Gain and only need to set the volume at 105 to 115.  I listen to my music loud, not to the point of damaging my hearing or feeling discomfort, but loud enough to feel the music and enjoy it.  Depending on the song, setting volume to 105 - 115 is loud with Sine headphones.  That's only using 66-72% volume, plenty of room to spare.  With the Jays Q-Jays 2nd gen I lower the gain to normal and set volume at around 85 to 95.

So to sum up, the DP-X1 is a great sounding and power sufficient DAP and no one should hesitate to try it out.

Aug 10, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #10,798 of 16,326
I agree with single out being very good, I really feel satisfied.

Makes me wonder if I did right choice paying $148 for a custom balanced cable. Someone is making a custom one for my oppo pm3. Well only one way to find out

Aug 10, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #10,799 of 16,326
I agree with single out being very good, I really feel satisfied.

Makes me wonder if I did right choice paying $148 for a custom balanced cable. Someone is making a custom one for my oppo pm3. Well only one way to find out

I agree with the review above..the DPX1 is really a superb DAP..
The balanced and ACG was totally awesome..but i prefer the ACG connecting to my zen 2.0..
The bass rumble much deeper and longer with weight on it..
The slam of the drum and cymbal were natural and resemble life like hearing..
The vocal was really mid forward sweet and lush..easily get addictive to female vocal..
1 thing that i was most impressed is the z7 going balanced to the dpx1..
Congestion disappeared with better separation and imaging..treble more smooth and bass more controlled..the mids become more clean and sweet..
The only weakness is the narrow soundstage with ACG..

For me , i am totally impressed by it..
Thanks onkyo for the amazing DAP..

Regards,
Jonathan

Aug 10, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #10,800 of 16,326
Recently on this thread I've read comments about that the SE output of the DP-X1 being "crap" or subpar.  I was just going to ignore the post(s) and move along, but the more I think about the comments, I feel compelled to chime in.  Within the past year I've owned/used the Sony NW-ZX2, iBasso DX80, AK Jr, FiiO X5II, and lastly ONKYO DP-X1.  IMO, the DP-X1 surpasses all the aforementioned DAPs.  I say this while using the SE output.  The only contender to the DP-X1 is the ZX2, but the ZX2's noise floor is not as silent.  As far as the other DAPs I just feel that they don't have the dynamics and clarity as the DP-X1, nor do they have as black of noise floor as the DP-X1.  Don't get me wrong, all the other DAPs mentioned are great audio players.  I was seeking the most out of my music and find the DP-X1 fits my preferences the best.  Heck I even returned my original DP-X1, because I just felt that $800 bucks was a lot to spend on a DAP and tried the DX80 and FiiO X5II a second go around.  I wanted to be happy with either DAP, but as I listened to them I just kept feeling things missing.  I would hear a particular song and just think to myself, "Man, I remember this song sounding a lot better on the DP-X1"  So I ordered the DP-X1, last week from Moon Audio.  No jack problems, BTW (didn't have them on my 1st one, either).  I immediately went back to those songs that made me feel unsatisfied when playing in the X5II and DX80 and listening to them on the DP-X1, again, I thought "that's the sound I was missing."

Again, this is my opinion, but the DP-X1 (SE Output) is stellar.  I look forward to eventually trying the balanced output. 

Now referring to the Audeze Sine headphones.  I read comments that the DP-X1 could not drive the Sine headphones.  Again, I have to disagree on the ability of the DP-X1 to drive the Sine.  I will agree that the Sine requires a little more juice.  However,  I can listen to the Sine on High Gain and only need to set the volume at 105 to 115.  I listen to my music loud, not to the point of damaging my hearing or feeling discomfort, but loud enough to feel the music and enjoy it.  Depending on the song, setting volume to 105 - 115 is loud with Sine headphones.  That's only using 66-72% volume, plenty of room to spare.  With the Jays Q-Jays 2nd gen I lower the gain to normal and set volume at around 85 to 95.

So to sum up, the DP-X1 is a great sounding and power sufficient DAP and no one should hesitate to try it out.

Congret!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back