ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 4, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #9,946 of 16,326
Price japan is selling them for £532... nowt wrong with that AND the pound is still bouncing back... once a new PM is in it'll level off and be even stronger. Think it'll pull at least £500 then. Warenty should be in the box right, registered etc if secondhand and bought in time, book it in, tel 'em its acting up and they'll refresh ya/

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #9,947 of 16,326
Just a shame its not a DAC..... also how are you guys fitting this in your average jeans pocket? .lol. No decent video reviews yet. Glad AK has been taken down a peg, almost sense them smiling at Onyko adding that jog wheel like, 'Check this out and more than 1/2 the price''.

Iriver just got splooshed and any company following their extortionate business model got wet with them.... let us rejoice .lol.

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #9,949 of 16,326
just curious, how long does the dp-x1 last with the mojo ?

Jul 4, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #9,951 of 16,326
Can't see any problems with it as the scanner sees right through it. No metal, just plastic and foam. I'll take the stack out and put it next to my phone and tablet during the scan anyway.

Hi bro, interesting looking casing.
Very rigid looking case.
Could i ask the place that you have brought it.?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jul 4, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #9,952 of 16,326
Thanks edwardsean for the tutorial to make V4A works!

Tried it out last night and was not disappointed.

The channel pan works great for me (dunno why but I found that the vocal always pan to the left recently, maybe my right ear cannal is blocked)

It works better than the one in Neutron. (Less precise but the 4:6 left to right ratio suits me best)

Dynamic system is a very interesting function to add texture to the bass.

Still figuring out what is the best settings for me now.

Highly recommend any DP-X1 user to try it out!

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #9,953 of 16,326
Can't see any problems with it as the scanner sees right through it. No metal, just plastic and foam. I'll take the stack out and put it next to my phone and tablet during the scan anyway.

Hi bro, interesting looking casing.
Very rigid looking case.
Could i ask the place that you have brought it.?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Kathmandu.com.au
You are right, this is a solid case, tested for 1 ton over 5 minutes apparently.

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #9,954 of 16,326
Picked up my X1 yesterday!

I'm stumped with the very good SQ compared with my Fiio E17K, iPod Touch, iPod Color, iPhone 6+ and Galaxy S7 Edge.

Paired with the Cayin C5, the soundstage gets even better. I just need to get some sound settings right. Any tips for optimum sound output?

- Should I be using line-out when connected with the Cayin?  
- I'm using a Bose QC25 and pretty satisfied with it, should I get a new pair of headphones (what can you recommend?)?
- Or get a Chord Mojo (X1 will be a music transport only? Wouldn't that be a waste?)
- I tried the balanced output with a Beyerdynamic T51P and I am not so impressed. It seems that the X1 struggles in properly driving the T51P. Have not tried the AGC with it though.

BTW, a Dignis case is on its way from Korea! :)

Thanks!!!

Jul 4, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #9,955 of 16,326
  Picked up my X1 yesterday!

I'm stumped with the very good SQ compared with my Fiio E17K, iPod Touch, iPod Color, iPhone 6+ and Galaxy S7 Edge.

Paired with the Cayin C5, the soundstage gets even better. I just need to get some sound settings right. Any tips for optimum sound output?

- Should I be using line-out when connected with the Cayin?  
- I'm using a Bose QC25 and pretty satisfied with it, should I get a new pair of headphones (what can you recommend?)?
- Or get a Chord Mojo (X1 will be a music transport only? Wouldn't that be a waste?)
- I tried the balanced output with a Beyerdynamic T51P and I am not so impressed. It seems that the X1 struggles in properly driving the T51P. Have not tried the AGC with it though.

BTW, a Dignis case is on its way from Korea! :)

Thanks!!!

What budget do you have for a new headphone?

If you think the X1 lack in driving power, go to settings enable variable lineout mode and use basic balanced mode instead of ACG

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #9,957 of 16,326

I guess I can still afford those in the $200-400 range. 

The variable line out mode is already enabled.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Ultrasone PRO 900 is within your range, maybe you can give it a try

So sorry to hear that  you already enabled variable line out mode and still have not enough power

I dont have power issue because I use earphones only

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #9,958 of 16,326
  Ultrasone PRO 900 is within your range, maybe you can give it a try

So sorry to hear that  you already enabled variable line out mode and still have not enough power

I dont have power issue because I use earphones only

No worries. 

Will try and see if the PRO 900 is locally available. As for IEMs, what would you recommend?

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #9,959 of 16,326

No worries. 

Will try and see if the PRO 900 is locally available. As for IEMs, what would you recommend?

Um50Pro was my first IEM pair with the X1

It doesn't improve so much from my DX100

However, Jh Angies is a very good pair with X1 when using the 2.5mm cable

And now I am using Heir 10.0 with a gold plate silver 2.5mm cable that sounds like a dream

They are certainly a perfect match

Jul 5, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #9,960 of 16,326
  Um50Pro was my first IEM pair with the X1

It doesn't improve so much from my DX100

However, Jh Angies is a very good pair with X1 when using the 2.5mm cable

And now I am using Heir 10.0 with a gold plate silver 2.5mm cable that sounds like a dream

They are certainly a perfect match

Thank you! You certainly is very helpful!

EDIT: Damn! Those are expensive IEMs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back