ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 5, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #9,976 of 16,326
Can anyone post a "before and after" photos of the issue with the HO and Balanced Out having too much space with the case?

I'm thinking of getting this dap and just want to make sure i get the later ones.

Is there a marking on the box that says that its the improved version?

Im fairly certain that if you buy it from Onkyo direct that you would have the new rev.

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #9,978 of 16,326
Um50Pro was my first IEM pair with the X1

It doesn't improve so much from my DX100

However, Jh Angies is a very good pair with X1 when using the 2.5mm cable

And now I am using Heir 10.0 with a gold plate silver 2.5mm cable that sounds like a dream

They are certainly a perfect match

Damn man..all of that is an expensive earphones..
Cray prices bro..
How i wish to own a k10 in life.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jul 5, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #9,979 of 16,326
Im fairly certain that if you buy it from Onkyo direct that you would have the new rev.

That's an option too....but there's a lot of local stores that carries the X1. So I'm thinking of warranty here (if ever i need it, it's easier to communicate with the store)

That's why i'm enquiring if there is any indication on the box that it's the new revision.

Jul 5, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #9,980 of 16,326
Just reviewed the new ONKYO Bluetooth portable H500BT so thought a few ONKYO fans here might be interested.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/onkyo-sealed-wireless-headphone-bluetooth-enabled-nfc-support-remote-control-with-microphone-h500btb-black/reviews/16356

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #9,981 of 16,326

No need to modify the input connector on the PM-3 (it's a 3.5mm stereo plug)?

Is it just a matter of soldering the wires as shown in the diagram? Thanks!

You need a 4-wire cable with a 2.5mm TRRS one end wired as per the "AK DAP" in the table, and a 3.5mm TRRS the other end wired as per the "Oppo PM3" in the table.

Enjoy the PM3s, they are also a highly-regarded pairing with the DP-X1.

Jul 5, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #9,982 of 16,326

You need a 4-wire cable with a 2.5mm TRRS one end wired as per the "AK DAP" in the table, and a 3.5mm TRRS the other end wired as per the "Oppo PM3" in the table.

Enjoy the PM3s, they are also a highly-regarded pairing with the DP-X1.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jul 5, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #9,983 of 16,326

Yes, Someone share this earlier. For player side use "AK DAP".

That's correct. PM3's cup holds a female TRRS, aiding balanced connection.

https://www.surfcables.com/products/oppo-compatible-cables

Note that while the PM-3 is sold with a unbalanced TRS cable that mates into the headset, the internal connection is a TRRS balanced connector, allowing for fully balanced operation with our TRRS balanced connector. 

Jul 6, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #9,988 of 16,326
Mmm.....onkyo dpx1 newbie here. Question: is it possible to stream (in offline and online mode) tidal.com from the Onkyo DPX1 to CDM using OTG micro to micro IC? I can't seem to make it work. Tia.

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #9,989 of 16,326
  Mmm.....onkyo dpx1 newbie here. Question: is it possible to stream (in offline and online mode) tidal.com from the Onkyo DPX1 to CDM using OTG micro to micro IC? I can't seem to make it work. Tia.

Hi, for online tidal stream to usb dac you can use USB Audio Player Pro. It also can add EQ to the tidal stream.

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #9,990 of 16,326
3 questions:

1. is the real time pcm to dsd conversion only for the usb digital output?

2. What is the shiny black strip on the back for?

3. does anyone know where to get a new adhesive for the screen protector? I ordered the glass protector but the adhesive on it seemed to have dried out or something and isn't sticky :frowning2: ended up peeling it off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back