ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jul 1, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #9,857 of 16,326
Need power? Anker to the rescue! 20,100 mAh beast that can charge at least 4 devices at once. As you can see, my Nexus 6P, DP-X1 and Mojo are all charging. What a power bank! It even has a Type C port to charge it or to charge compatible devices, too. The USB ports are rated 3A and the Type C is something ridiculous like 5A. Highly recommended.
The coloured cable is a cheap one from ebay that comes with 2X micro USB, 1 mini USB, 1 Type C and some silly iphone plug. It won't take more than two devices per plug as Mojo and DP-X1 would draw too much, but with another splitter my B&O Beoplay A1 Bluetooth speaker could be charging, too. Simply ridiculous.

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #9,858 of 16,326
  Need power? Anker to the rescue! 20,100 mAh beast that can charge at least 4 devices at once. As you can see, my Nexus 6P, DP-X1 and Mojo are all charging. What a power bank! It even has a Type C port to charge it or to charge compatible devices, too. The USB ports are rated 3A and the Type C is something ridiculous like 5A. Highly recommended.
The coloured cable is a cheap one from ebay that comes with 2X micro USB, 1 mini USB, 1 Type C and some silly iphone plug. It won't take more than two devices per plug as Mojo and DP-X1 would draw too much, but with another splitter my B&O Beoplay A1 Bluetooth speaker could be charging, too. Simply ridiculous.

Sweet, and it all fits right in your pocket. Providing you wore the right pants :)
10923BD-2T.jpg

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #9,860 of 16,326
Hi, about the 2.5mm jack fix. With the epoxy, the jack is holding on perfectly, but it didn't resolve the left channel cutting out intermittently. It's not bad, but I may send it in for repair. Has anyone had experience with the warranty process and how long it takes?

Jul 1, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #9,861 of 16,326
  Hi, about the 2.5mm jack fix. With the epoxy, the jack is holding on perfectly, but it didn't resolve the left channel cutting out intermittently. It's not bad, but I may send it in for repair. Has anyone had experience with the warranty process and how long it takes?

Easy fix for left channel  (I did it myself). Take needle and push forward gently golden contact you will see inside. Do not forget turn off device before you start to avoid shortcut.

Jul 1, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #9,865 of 16,326
  Opposite to the screen - little golden dot. From right side it is realy easy to catch it with needle and push forward. Hope it wll help.

I'm having a bit of trouble spotting it. It may be the lighting. So it's at the back of the unit. Is it deeper in the canal, or closer to the opening?

- Nevermind. I think I found it. And, I'm back up and running again. 

Really appreciate this community! Thanks!

These flaws are disappointing. However, for a first run they are to be expected, and as an entry into the field they got so many things right straight out of the gate. 

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #9,868 of 16,326
Does the defective 2.5mm jack only affect older batches of the DP-X1 or does the defect still persist in the newer batches?

I posted the answer to this not too far back, but as far as I can tell (from my contacts); no new batches of DP-X1 have been returned for RMA on broken jack outputs.
The internal plastic housings are more durable since QC and manufacturing was restarted/updated some months back (when I don't know).

That info is based on the new units available in Japan and US (I still don't know about Hong Kong but I would like be very surprised if HK doesn't have the new units by now).

The EU and UK just received units too.

However, it's all still too early to say if the issues will come back or not on the new units.
Yet that itself doesn't matter too much because my understanding is Onkyo fixed the problem, and if you buy a unit in your region you are backed by local warranty and repair services.
Those who imported are the ones left in the grey area (again, that will always be the risk of importing).

So, as long as you buy a unit from an official Onkyo distributor, don't worry so much.

K?

^^

Jul 1, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #9,869 of 16,326
Mine it is from new batch - had to push left channel ground contact to fix problem. Not big deal but still disappointing.

Onkyo owns us 50 HR albums for free download! :):deadhorse:

Your DP-X1 is a new batch model?
Which official Onkyo distributor did you buy your unit from (and what territory are you in if I may ask)?

Jul 1, 2016 at 6:17 AM Post #9,870 of 16,326
I posted the answer to this not too far back, but as far as I can tell (from my contacts); no new batches of DP-X1 have been returned for RMA on broken jack outputs.
The internal plastic housings are more durable since QC and manufacturing was restarted/updated some months back (when I don't know).

That info is based on the new units available in Japan and US (I still don't know about Hong Kong but I would like be very surprised if HK doesn't have the new units by now).

The EU and UK just received units too.

However, it's all still too early to say if the issues will come back or not on the new units.
Yet that itself doesn't matter too much because my understanding is Onkyo fixed the problem, and if you buy a unit in your region you are backed by local warranty and repair services.
Those who imported are the ones left in the grey area (again, that will always be the risk of importing).

So, as long as you buy a unit from an official Onkyo distributor, don't worry so much.

K?

^^

I the all Japan version has Japan warranty too. Mine is Japan version. So as long as the unit returned to Japan it will be serviced. Last method is to contact Onkyo Japan to see how it can be returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back