ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 30, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #9,841 of 16,326
  Dear olddude:

Thank you sir for your input, I will try to be patient...I realize that even business owners have lives, take vacations, etc...lol...

Peace

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #9,842 of 16,326
I think normal gain (SE) is good for heir 10.0 . And from my recent try out of many expensive iem, dp-x1 sound the best with heir 10.0 (even a little bit better than UE 18Pro due to more density in the vocal )

I am using a gold plate silver 4 thread balanced cable for my heir 10.0 actually
Will switch to normal gain for testing though

Jul 1, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #9,844 of 16,326
Just in case anyone finds themselves in the same situation with a loose 2.5mm jack or the guard ring falls out: As people here have posted, avoid glues esp. superglue. They have certain corrosive properties and the way they cure (dry) is not ideal for this situation. Acrylic seems to be a favorite solution. I ended up using epoxy, like Howdy. Seems to have done the trick.

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #9,847 of 16,326
  Hi guys, well, when I pulled out my 2.5 plug the outer metal/plastic guard ring came out with it. I agree with others. I'm going to avoid superglue. 

I have epoxy and gorilla glue on hand. I'm thinking of the gorilla glue because at this point I'm not just filling gap. The plastic housing broke off with the metal ring. Looking at it, honestly, I'm surprised it lasted this long. Do you think that the gorilla glue is not a good idea and I should still stick with epoxy?

Hi,

i used UV hardened acryl like solacor, bondic or soliq. It is absolutely clear when hardened and fills the gaps very good. There is no timeout when applying the acryl and you can apply handy portions, harden it and apply the next layer. The outcome looks pretty good, hardly noticeable.

It is not easy to see, but the gaps around both jacks are completely filled. There is no wiggle of the jacks anymore. I am cautious inserting and removing my gear, so i hope the DP-X1 will have a long lifespan.

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #9,848 of 16,326
  Sorry that I can't reply to all posts but a lot of Head-Fi'ers have posted awesome stuff; thanks guys!!! <3

Now, MOAR real life work (KMN :'( cry cry), then tasty chips and anime (Your Lie in April on Netflix UK, Japanese audio); mmmmmmmmmmm delicious food and piano themed show WEEEEEEeeeeee........

Yay! Another Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso fan! you should get the OSTs, they're really good! Listen to this song on the X1, it's by Kaori:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8OBQcb8qSUTVTFVQlYtX2FfRDQ

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #9,850 of 16,326
For those of you that want a good way to manage your files on the X1/100R, I like using CyanogenMod 13's File Manager. If any of you want the APK, then I have it here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B__acirL8woHX3lmRDAyZk5rTXM

Just use the Drive app on your player to install it.

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #9,851 of 16,326
Hi All,

May I know does this connector works? 2.5mm trrs to 3.5mm I am using ALO 2.5mm balanced cable. 

Thanks

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #9,852 of 16,326

Hi,

i used UV hardened acryl like solacor, bondic or soliq. It is absolutely clear when hardened and fills the gaps very good. There is no timeout when applying the acryl and you can apply handy portions, harden it and apply the next layer. The outcome looks pretty good, hardly noticeable.

It is not easy to see, but the gaps around both jacks are completely filled. There is no wiggle of the jacks anymore. I am cautious inserting and removing my gear, so i hope the DP-X1 will have a long lifespan.

now i quite afraid to remove my 2.5mm .....

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #9,853 of 16,326
  Hi All,

May I know does this connector works? 2.5mm trrs to 3.5mm I am using ALO 2.5mm balanced cable. 

Thanks

EDIT: NVM, I misread. Yeah, that should work. This one also:http://www.null-audio.com/products/null-audio-2-5mm-balanced-to-3-5mm-se-converter-for-astell-kern-players

Users who are viewing this thread

Back