ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 27, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #9,691 of 16,326
OneL0ve
 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just saw this on Amazon.jp and ordered it.
L3000.gif

That is quite beautiful dude... pics when it arrives! Hope it looks good as it does in the pics!

I still love my bespoke Dignis Design LUNO DP-X1 leather case <3

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #9,693 of 16,326
Yes, I ordered the Luno also when it was only $45 shipped. Now its $87 shipped. :/ I wish the would leave a slot for the micro SD.

Actually, that is one of the reason's I picked the LUNO case, so no dirt could get in and to give the case a more seamless, bespoke look.

I also own the official Onkyo DPA-PUX1 leather case and, well, less said about that the better :wink:

Jun 27, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #9,695 of 16,326
Relax.  There is no perfect product. Even iPhone breaks and has RMA.

I think dp-x1 is just a normal product with normal price. 

At $1000 a pop most people would think there wouldn't be any hardware issues.

Jun 27, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #9,697 of 16,326
At least any smartphone would have been boycotting by being $600-800 with buggy and hardware issues...may be audiophiles has higher tolerances :D

It does seem to be the case.

Jun 27, 2016 at 6:57 PM Post #9,698 of 16,326
Thank you, will have a bit more of a play when I get time.

Awesome pics dude, thank you for sharing!

Regarding EQ, that is locked to Android music apps you choose to use, including the Onkyo Music App (or the Pioneer Music App if you can find the API for it; that app is exclusively used on the DP-X1's baby brother, the Pioneer XDP-100R).

The DAP was designed to be used with the official Onkyo Music App and has digital filters (Short, Soft, and Sharp), so try that for a different sound signature for locally stored music (internal or MicroSD cards). These filters are exclsuive to the Onkyo Music App however.
Other apps might have differing results and features.

There are also three huge global, universal Android audio adjustment settings in the DP-X1, found in the Sound settings on the Android OS settings page:
  1. Lock Range adjustment (actually change the timing accuracy of the clocks for the DAC's!),

2. Max volume limiter,

3. Gain stages (Low, Normal and High).

Furthermore, there is also a universal unbalanced, BTL balanced, and ACG balanced settings in the top-down quick settings menu too (also via widgets on the home screen).

Have fun!

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #9,699 of 16,326
  I have read that the sonic signature of the DP-X1 is rather "thin" in the sub-bass range, as well as the mid-range/upper mid-range frequencies.  Can anyone who has used the device weigh in on this sonic quality, as well as if the on board EQ can effectively ameliorate this observed "thinness"...as I prefer a relatively robust bass range as well as a lush mid-range.

Thank you for your input!

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #9,700 of 16,326
Not sure if this has been brought up but was checking the FCC compliance data and found something interesting. It's been declared by Onyko and Pioneer that both the DP-X1 and XDP-100R both use the same antenna for WLAN and Bluetooth making it impossible for both to work simultaneously. This would explain the problems people are having with their Bluetooth phones and are advised to not use WiFi when using them.

FCC ID Search Grantee code: 2AE79, Product code: -2015DAP if you want to check the documents.

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #9,702 of 16,326
  My x1 just arrived :)

The 2.5mm has gap but i feel its solid. I don't have any 2.5mm cable to try it.
Anyone know anyplace i can get the screen protector in the US ?

Try buy any 6 inch protector for phone and use an office paper cutter to cut it.  Mine is done like this.

Jun 27, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #9,705 of 16,326
Since my original DP-X1 seller did not have any in stock, they just refunded me the money. So, I decided to buy the Pioneer XDP-100R instead for $500 as I have no need for the balanced outputs. I'm still staying subscribed to this thread though because you guys, especially TheOneInYellow, are awesome, and also because the 100R is essentially the same as the X1 barring the balanced output.

Anyways I know that the lock range adjust, digital filter, and upsampling mode change the sound, but can anyone explain HOW they change the sound, and how the different subsettings are different e.g. digital filter with sharp, slow, and short settings? Thanks!

As for design, they are both awesome but I prefer the side buttons on the Pioneer as the power button is a bigger size, and the play/pause button has a little bump on it, so it's easier to distinguish the buttons by feel as opposed to the Onkyo's same-sized buttons.

Now, if only there were a Dignis case for the Pioneer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back