ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 27, 2016 at 8:58 AM Post #9,676 of 16,328
Received mine today it is truly a work of art, feels good in the hand to, No software update, but that's ok. Will give it a whirl once it charged and Apps are finished updating.
Very happy :blush: with the purchase so far

Welcome on board!
L3000.gif

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #9,677 of 16,328
Hi
AWESOME PIC'S PLEASE!

Also, do update the the firmware and the Android Onkyo Music App too.

Enjoy!

Hi TheOneInYellow
Doesn't seem to be software updates for it. I'm running version 0.1.3
I have a balanced cable coming from surf cables, should be here soon. I'm using tidal at the moment as my source for music, do find it a tad tinny through my shure Se 535? I also noticed there is no eq unless you are using the music app?? I do have a set of Dunu 2000 also give them ago.
Here is one picture anyway.
[/IMG]

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #9,680 of 16,328
I am using:
1.stock - mainly for DSD files;
2.VLC - for ape and pleasure listening (equalizer working much better than stock, which, by my opinion not rises frequencies, but filters them); 3.Foobar 2000 - I like it's sound signature and hoping that they soon will make it complete as PC version.

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #9,683 of 16,328
I am using:
1.stock - mainly for DSD files;
2.VLC - for ape and pleasure listening (equalizer working much better than stock, which, by my opinion not rises frequencies, but filters them); 3.Foobar 2000 - I like it's sound signature and hoping that they soon will make it complete as PC version.

For me foobar2000 is really good but it does not support dsd playback ( correct me if i am wrong)

The stock player will convert dsd to pcm on playback which greatly affect the sonic quality.

The pioneer interface is much friendly user and support tag better than the stock.
But it seems not yet stable.
Have issue of keep on crashing on audio switching.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #9,684 of 16,328
Hi
Hi TheOneInYellow
Doesn't seem to be software updates for it. I'm running version 0.1.3
I have a balanced cable coming from surf cables, should be here soon. I'm using tidal at the moment as my source for music, do find it a tad tinny through my shure Se 535? I also noticed there is no eq unless you are using the music app?? I do have a set of Dunu 2000 also give them ago.
Here is one picture anyway. [attach]1663394[/attach][/quote]

[quote="loungecat, post: 12682316, member: 451966"]
  [attach]1663399[/attach]
[/quote]

[/spoiler]

Awesome pics dude, thank you for sharing!

Regarding EQ, that is locked to Android music apps you choose to use, including the Onkyo Music App (or the Pioneer Music App if you can find the API for it; that app is exclusively used on the DP-X1's baby brother, the Pioneer XDP-100R).

The DAP was designed to be used with the official Onkyo Music App and has digital filters (Short, Soft, and Sharp), so try that for a different sound signature for locally stored music (internal or MicroSD cards). These filters are exclsuive to the Onkyo Music App however.
Other apps might have differing results and features.

There are also three huge global, universal Android audio adjustment settings in the DP-X1, found in the Sound settings on the Android OS settings page:
[list] [*]Lock Range adjustment (actually change the timing accuracy of the clocks for the DAC's!),
  [*]Max volume limiter,
  [*]Gain stages (Low, Normal and High). [/list]

Furthermore, there is also a universal unbalanced, BTL balanced, and ACG balanced settings in the top-down quick settings menu too (also via widgets on the home screen).

Have fun!

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #9,687 of 16,328
@TheOneInYellow

The DAP was designed to be used with the official Onkyo Music App and has digital filters (Short, Soft, and Sharp), so try that for a different sound signature for locally stored music (internal or MicroSD cards). These filters are exclusive to the Onkyo Music App however.

Are you sure? It looks that filters working on Android and works with VLC.

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #9,690 of 16,328
  @TheOneInYellow

The DAP was designed to be used with the official Onkyo Music App and has digital filters (Short, Soft, and Sharp), so try that for a different sound signature for locally stored music (internal or MicroSD cards). These filters are exclusive to the Onkyo Music App however.

Are you sure? It looks that filters working on Android and works with VLC.

I believe so, as the options for the digital filters are not available in the global Android Sound settings page..
(The Digital Lock is universal, for example).

I am pretty sure, but now...hmm, will investigate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back