ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 27, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #9,661 of 16,328
Did you switch on the iDSD before connecting the USB cable? If you switch on the iDSD after connecting it will use the battery of the onkyo, if you switch on the iDSD before connecting it will not draw any power from the battery of the onkyo.

Cheers.

Oooo..interesting..thanks a lot mate..
Means i should switch the idsd first..before onkyo..ok

Noted..will try.. but still my unit seems have a faulty battery..hmmmm..

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #9,662 of 16,328
Woah. Haven't played dsd/dsf on my DP-X1 yet but it could be just due to the processing power required for the processor ro decode the dsd/dsf files, what more on high precision mode.

If you are using usb otg to external dac, and using dsd direct. Battery will consume very fast.

The normal listening time is calculated with output to earphone, with screen off and in airplane mode.

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #9,663 of 16,328
If you are using usb otg to external dac, and using dsd direct. Battery will consume very fast.

The normal listening time is calculated with output to earphone, with screen off and in airplane mode.

Understood bro..as i am using the Dpx1 connected to heiraudio 4.0 and shure 315..

Moderate listening level..120 -125 volumes..

In airplane and standalone mode ..

But battery only able to stand upto 2 hours max..hmm...

Or i read before..the player for dpx1 is not yet stable..??

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jun 27, 2016 at 12:53 AM Post #9,664 of 16,328
Understood bro..as i am using the Dpx1 connected to heiraudio 4.0 and shure 315..

Thanks,
Jonathan

Then it has a problem. Return it.

Jun 27, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #9,666 of 16,328

Thanks,
Jonathan

If you consider moderate listening level as.120 -125 volumes, you haven't disable the volume cap of the EU/HK version

Go to Sound & Notification and turn on Variable line out mode, restart and profit!

After that, you may only need 80-90 volume

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:09 AM Post #9,669 of 16,328

@Matrix Petka, I feel that you have very much misunderstood my post, in almost its entirety.

So, I shall try this approach:

Not all companies use Head-Fi as a first point-of-contact for customer services. Head-Fi is not a front for companies, official customer services forum, etc. It is a community-led forum with sponsors.
Some companies will announce products on Head-Fi (iFi Audio, CEntrance, Schiit Audio, Meze, etc) and will have dedicated teams who see and work within our community (usually those that do are sponsors themselves). However, we cannot, and must not, expect every single audio company to do this; it is a choice, not an option.

To add to this, you replied to my post with the following:
  1. "Yes - but ... no progress from December 2015"
  2. "Did - answer - "sorry, we are working on those issues"... 6 months with no positive result? Ridiculous."
  3. "Sorry - I didn't see anything."
  4. "Not try - they MUST resolve issues, not try. Till now -  done anything. My old Sony z3 still receiving updates every 1-2 months. X1 - nothing from December 2015.
  5. "Shame that Onkyo guys not reading this forum, as other companies do. (Another minus in their work with customers.)"

These quotes are either wholly untrue, or grossly unfair, in every sense.

I believe I very carefully explained much of this in my earlier post, but I see that I must expand further.

Let us start with progress.
I shall post a link here showcasing the firmware updates Onkyo has deployed since the DP-X1 release:
Below in spoiler tag's is the English translated list of updates since DP-X1 release:

Please note that the software update

spacer.gif

In order to perform the update will be need a Web connection in WiFi. 
· Music Since the app updates will be done from the Google Play, you will need a Google account registration. 
• If the Music app updates does not start, please check for updates of the app from GooglePlay. 
Battery might the remaining amount can not be updated with less. 
- Since there is a possibility of failure, during the update, please do not power and Wi-Fi of the ON / OFF and the main body of the operation. 
- First started in it takes about 5 minutes time after the update. 
Updates will be sequentially distributed, please wait a little bit if the announcement of the update does not appear.
spacer.gif

※ Depending on the circumstances of the update, there is that the data that is stored may be damaged or lost. Data It is recommended that you pre-backup. Regarding damage if the data is corrupted or lost, because we can not assume the responsibility, please understand in advance.

spacer.gif

UPDATES

spacer.gif

● 2016/4/20 
 update schedule system 
  · DP-X1 
 target application 
  · Music app (DAP) ※ Music app only update 
 software version after the update 
 update content 
  improve · wave 24bit playback of noise 
 ※ update 2016 from / 4/20, it will take place from GooglePlay store.

spacer.gif

● 2016/4/12 
 update schedule system 
  · DP-X1 
 target application 
 update content 
  corresponding to · MQA format 
  improvement of the play list function 
  · AAC corresponds to the gapless playback of the 
  improvement of the stability of music playback 
 ※ update from 2016/4/12, it will take place from GooglePlay store.
spacer.gif

※ Music app (DAP) after updating to Version 1.2.0, and to play the music of WAVE 24bit of R channel 
   we have is noise is trouble in output is reported. 
  You apologize for the inconvenience, please wait for a while, so we have planned a modified version of the release of.

spacer.gif

● 2016/4/11 
 update schedule system 
  · DP-X1 
 updates after the software version 
  · SW version: 0.1.30.8 
 update content 
  and music playback stability improvement of 
  operating improvement of Bluetooth tethering 
  by · Android security improvement correspondence 
  of-future commodity and adds the ability to collect personal information for service improvement (possible whether the permission of the user)  
 ※ update will start sequentially from 2016/4/13. Please take a little if you notice of the update does not appear. 

spacer.gif

● 2016/3/28 
 update schedule system 
  · X-DAP Link 
  · SW version: 1.0.1 
 update content 
  in-music list is selected, select multiple songs using the Shift and Ctrl, 
   right-click collectively add a check can function 
  add and update history display button 
  failure to improve the transfer of the file / folder 
 download here

spacer.gif

● 2016/3/14 
 update schedule system 
  · DP-X1 
 after updating software version 
  · SW version: 0.1.29.10 
 update content 
  stability improvement of music playback 
  bug improvement of the user interface display 
 ※ update than 2016/3/14 and sequential start. Please take a little if you notice of the update does not appear.

spacer.gif

● 2016/2/24 
 update schedule system 
  · DP-X1 
 target application 
 update content 
  add a folder playback function of-hierarchical display type 
  library tab of the editing function 
   ※ edit the item to be displayed from the "edit tab" in the side menu (display / non-display, the order changes) can be. 
  And stability improvement of music playback 
※ update from 2016/2/24, will take place from GooglePlay store.

spacer.gif

● 2016/2/3 
 update schedule system 
  · DP-X1 
  · SW version: 0.1.28.4 
 update content 
  · SD card playback of stable operation 
  and music playback of stability improvement 
  bug improvement of the user interface display 
  , USB DAC connection at the time of the trouble improvement 
  behavior improvement of · DAP Music app 
  · DAP Music app to add a FF / FR function 
 ※ updates will begin sequentially from 2016/2/3. Please take a little if you notice of the update does not appear.

spacer.gif

● 2016/1/13 
 update schedule system 
  · DP-X1 
  · SW version: 0.1.26.2 
 update content 
  -starting correction of matter that time is long

spacer.gif

● 2015/12/21 
 update schedule system 
  · DP-X1 
  · SW version: 0.1.25.4 
 update content 
  stable operation at the time of balance switching 
  improved security response by · Android 

Next, I want to further address the time frame you have written (6 months).
Before I do so, I refer you to the beginning of my reply above: Onkyo do not use Head-Fi as a customer services tool, and it is their choice whether they wish to interact or not. Furthermore, most companies setup their own customer services chain of communications (including social media, such as Twitter), and it is up to us, owners, enthusiasts, etc, to chose to use them. Posting on Head-Fi a problem and expecting a solution from a manufacturer in a reasonable amount of time is nonsensical. Posting direct to said manufacturer maybe more beneficial and, usually, the correct course of action. Once again, not all companies are obliged to work or use Head-Fi for direct customer services issues.

This leads to my second point which I clearly explained in my earlier post. Onkyo first became aware of the noise issues this month, because someone decided to contact them directly. That is not, nor can it be, Onkyo's fault, at all. Onkyo did not work on this problem for 6 months, they were told five days ago (20/06/2015 at 07:36, unknown which US timezone) as of this post. Expect to see a future firmware or software update in due course. If Onkyo are unaware of an issue because they were not told, directly, through the many lines of communication that they have open publicly, how can they fix said issue?
So, no, Onkyo have not been aware of this issue for six months, been working on a solution for six months, or otherwise.
As far as I am able to discern, using all my know-how and contacts, no one contacted Onkyo regarding said issues till recently (I took the time to verify this to the best of my ability, so I accept that I cannot be 100% but I tried to be accurate). This is unfortunate because those who did have an issue could have contacted Onkyo earlier, but at least now they do know and are working on a solution.

In regards to you not seeing anything, that is not something Onkyo or anyone can help you with; that is your own choice.
I wrote a number of posts on this thread detailing information I obtained from sources within the audio industry in regards to actual manufacturing changes of the DP-X1. It is up to yourself if you wish to read such information.

Also, only Japan, (Hong Kong?) and the US have received the hardware improved, updated, structurally more durable Onkyo DP-X1 units. The EU and UK should start receiving them now.
The date for when manufacturing ceased and resumed is unknown to me, so I cannot say when the new units first appeared in Japan, but for many who bought prior to April/March, it is likely that they have the original DP-X1 units.
For those that imported a unit, there is not much that can be done to get a second batch unit due to international warranty, exporter, customs, etc. Those are the risks of importing almost any electrical product and no manufacturer can be liable for that unless expressly stated by said manufacturer in either their warranty, company info, T&C's, etc.

As a personal bit of information, many months ago I was corrected on a mistake I made into this thread, and there are those who are aware of this. Since then I have been working, unpaid, as a hobbyist, to further my understanding of audio more than I have ever done (and to get a career in the audiophile industry) whilst also working on my promotional jobs.
I am not a spokesperson for many audio companies but I have established real connections with quite a few companies, with some contacts becoming friends. I cannot reveal all of my sources but I do my best and utmost to present information clearly, with as many sources, as best as I can, alongside my own knowledge, unless I say otherwise in said post.
For example, many things I reported about Audeze's changes to their headphone line-up was sparked by an RMA warranty claim back in January, and in a small investigation I made, speaking to audio reviewers, Audeze themselves, and those within parts of the audio industry, I presented and started a detailed topic regarding my investigation. The information I wrote was factual and has since come to pass as accurate. There was no need for me to have done this, and I was not asked to or paid to either.
I just did.

I love this community, I love audio gear, and I love music, so I dedicate my time on this and other threads to give my insight, news updates, information, as best as I can, or refer to others to chime in. I myself also try, outside of this forum, to interact with manufacturers, and let them become aware of threads like this (usually via Twitter or Facebook).
More so, I learn a huge amount form the contributions made by others who post on here too. This includes you too @Matrix Petka :D

In closing, my earlier post was written to highlight that Onkyo are working on a software solution as of 20/06/16, the date they first became aware of the issue, to reiterate that Onkyo have made a hardware change, and to plead to our community to be more open to Onkyo and other manufacturers directly, and not just on here, whether that is to do with issues, praise, comments, feedback, etc.

Head-Fi is an amazing place, so let us support each other, but also the audio brands we enjoy, and nurture new companies or new products too.

Thank you.

Disclaimer - I have no intention to offend you in any way and I writing all with a friendly smile and all respect to you.

About software upgrades - you are ABSOLUTELY right and I wish to apologize - shame on me - Last upgrade in December 2015 it was for ONKYO HF player, not for X1 dedicated player. Sorry.

Anyway - issues with balanced jack still persists, as other quality issues - just are coming and coming.

All we understand that X1 is raw Beta version of company VERY NEW in portable gear as well in Android devices. Their prime scope should be gather all possible information to improve customer satisfaction.  This forum - gathering of FREE information from experienced users. Just go to google, enter ONKYO DP X1 and in second position you will get access to this information. FOR FREE. Shame on Onkyo team.

Give a chance? OK, but :) Onkyo scope - profit. All we, users, want - fun. So if Onkyo wants profit, they MUST deliver fun, but not faulty devices full of problems. Where is excuses, at least? :)

I am willing the same as you - have fun in this forum, get more knowledge and share it with other nice people here.

Music and Peace!

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #9,670 of 16,328
Tip for balanced output fixing.

Symptoms - left channel losing contact, no sound in left headphones speeker 

Instrument needed - steel needle.

Cure:
1.Turn off X1 to avoid shortcut.
2.With steel needle push forward upper contact.

Done!

Happy again :)

P.S. Cavalli Liquid Fire Moded - mine! Coming soon :)

Jun 27, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #9,671 of 16,328

Disclaimer - I have no intention to offend you in any way and I writing all with a friendly smile and all respect to you.

About software upgrades - you are ABSOLUTELY right and I wish to apologize - shame on me - Last upgrade in December 2015 it was for ONKYO HF player, not for X1 dedicated player. Sorry.

Anyway - issues with balanced jack still persists, as other quality issues - just are coming and coming.

All we understand that X1 is raw Beta version of company VERY NEW in portable gear as well in Android devices. Their prime scope should be gather all possible information to improve customer satisfaction.  This forum - gathering of FREE information from experienced users. Just go to google, enter ONKYO DP X1 and in second position you will get access to this information. FOR FREE. Shame on Onkyo team.

Give a chance? OK, but :) Onkyo scope - profit. All we, users, want - fun. So if Onkyo wants profit, they MUST deliver fun, but not faulty devices full of problems. Where is excuses, at least? :)

I am willing the same as you - have fun in this forum, get more knowledge and share it with other nice people here.

Music and Peace!

Relax.  There is no perfect product. Even iPhone breaks and has RMA.

I think dp-x1 is just a normal product with normal price. 

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #9,672 of 16,328

Music and Peace!

[You have not offended me @Matrix Petka, don't worry! <3 ]

Small advice; if quoting my massive post's, use a spoiler tag; just keeps things nice and tidy. :)

No need to apologise dude, glad that the posted firmware updates are useful. Please use that link in that post to keep up-to-date on future updates!

Please bear in mind, many of the reports of issues with the DP-X1 are from the original batch, especially imported, and many stores online and physical may have old-new stock. So, the new information from posters about issues from the DP-X1 is most likely to do with such DP-X's being from an older batch (based on said poster's information on how they acquired their unit and when).
As far as I can tell from Onkyo themselves (through my contacts), none of the new batch of DP-X1's have come back for RMA, so I strongly reinforce that Onkyo have not made any excuses, have corrected or are correcting issues, and are listening. This is a big plus.
Onkyo have made no beta products of DP-X1; a small defect in manufacturing was resolved. Smartphones, headphones, etc, are also subject to issues, and Onkyo has shown due diligence to resolve issues.
I am defending Onkyo based on facts too. The teething issues aren't great but are being resolved, not ignored.

I have explained about forum use and how a manufacturer may or may not use it, but just to clarify a singular point: this forum is now so big, with so many posts, that for a single individual or company to trawl through to verify which posts are about issues, the date of when the posts were made, contacting the owners of said posters, etc, is not something one should expect any manufacturer to do.
Onkyo have dedicated channels of communication open for customers to leave feedback or post issues, but (as far as I can tell via contacts and research), no one used such lines of communication with Onkyo directly until last week. A single user did post to Onkyo through the correct channels, and Onkyo responded almost immediately. That is informative, not an excuse, and should be something all users should do; use the correct, official, direct lines of channels wherever possible, especially if issues cannot be resolved from community-led forums such as Head-Fi.
No one can or should put the fault on to Onkyo for that; users who have issues, in almost every situation, should always contact the manufacturer of their device, in this case Onkyo. We do that for washing machines, TV's, game consoles, etc. Audio devices are no different. Of course posting issues here can help and resolve many problems, but that will not always be the case.
Always use the correct, direct channels, not indirect.
This forum is a great are of discussion but it is not a direct means of communication to all audio manufacturers, with few exceptions.

Onkyo did have a mistake on the initial run of Onkyo DP-X1, and have resolved this since and are still continuing to resolve further issues that they are aware off from direct communication with customers. I cannot stress this enough, and this has been repeated many times; I leave it to the readers to decided whether they wish to believe this or not, and invite them to contact Onkyo themselves if they so wish.

There are some things we may differ on, and I have tried my best to explain all of the issues in previous posts. However, we are all here to help, both in the community and with manufacturer's. It must be fair on all sides, and that is how we get to have awesome products such as the DP-X1.

^^

Jun 27, 2016 at 8:21 AM Post #9,673 of 16,328
Jun 27, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #9,675 of 16,328
Received mine today it is truly a work of art, feels good in the hand to, No software update, but that's ok. Will give it a whirl once it charged and Apps are finished updating.
Very happy :blush: with the purchase so far

AWESOME PIC'S PLEASE!

Also, do update the the firmware and the Android Onkyo Music App too.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back