ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jun 28, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #9,721 of 16,328
Yep, found it, already turned on, yay for me!

Was there an EU limiter on the DP-X1? Mine came from Japan really early on so I don't believe it had a limiter unless I simply forgot that I defeated it? Not sure, but I really didn't think the DP-X1 I had was limited.

Jun 28, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #9,722 of 16,328
Was there an EU limiter on the DP-X1? Mine came from Japan really early on so I don't believe it had a limiter unless I simply forgot that I defeated it? Not sure, but I really didn't think the DP-X1 I had was limited.

By turned on (no giggidy), I mean I maxed the volume limiter.

Unless there's another setting...hmm

Jun 28, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #9,723 of 16,328
Jun 28, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #9,724 of 16,328
Only the HK version has EU vol cap and the latest firmware offer Variable Line Out which when turn on will unlock the EU vol cap.

There is no use for other version that don't have EU vol cap in the first place.

Jun 28, 2016 at 7:51 AM Post #9,727 of 16,328
Nice Family Guy reference mate.

He he he

Only the HK version has EU vol cap and the latest firmware offer Variable Line Out which when turn on will unlock the EU vol cap.

There is no use for other version that don't have EU vol cap in the first place.

Japan and USA version don't have EU limiter.

Ok ok, my earlier post isn't as big news as I thought, but glad this is cleared up regarding limit, and also that it's in the mainstream too.

^^

Jun 28, 2016 at 7:54 AM Post #9,728 of 16,328
Jun 28, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #9,730 of 16,328
  ... and following Brexit, the UK version also has no EU volume limiter :)

Ha, ha, that is one good thing about the Brexit.

Jun 28, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #9,731 of 16,328
Anyone has experience after turn off and turn on the x1, open the stock music it says the sd card has been removed ? It happens to me all the time.

Dignis case just arrived. Is perfect and it come with a free screen protector. If i know that, i didnt order a htc m9 glass screen protector last night @.@

Jun 28, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #9,733 of 16,328
BRUTAL!

******* LOVE YOU! <3

Dear TheOneInYellow,
thanks for all your inputs,well thoughts  and contribution to this audiophile community, I would like to ask you  to request Onkyo to develop an app for tap tap on and off to wake up the DP-X1 so that we may not worn out the main power button quickly ( hardware- main power button to on and off),and more than that I do not find any app that really works in the google play store.tips... Sony and LG mobile phones have this function just tap tap  2 or 3 times and the screen wakes up easily.Thanks in advance because you have direct contact with Onkyo and you are good at it and thanks 

Jun 28, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #9,734 of 16,328
Dear TheOneInYellow,
thanks for all your inputs,well thoughts  and contribution to this audiophile community, I would like to ask you  to request Onkyo to develop an app for tap tap on and off to wake up the DP-X1 so that we may not worn out the main power button quickly ( hardware- main power button to on and off),and more than that I do not find any app that really works in the google play store.tips... Sony and LG mobile phones have this function just tap tap  2 or 3 times and the screen wakes up easily.Thanks in advance because you have direct contact with Onkyo and you are good at it and thanks 

First, thank you!

Second, erm...

I'm not a spokesperson for Onkyo, I use my contacts to help this community as best as I can.

In regards with tapping your screen to turn on, well, that's complicated; most modern smartphones have a bevy of sensors, of which some are used in conjunction to turn a screen on via a tap (see this link of typical sensors).

Some screens also don't fully turn off, just use a black screen overlay whilst display is still on.

Thus, I am unsure if the LCD screen on the DP-X1 could ever be tapped on, but I'll ask my contact anyway (no promises on any results).

^^

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #9,735 of 16,328
First, thank you!

Second, erm...

I'm not a spokesperson for Onkyo, I use my contacts to help this community as best as I can.

In regards with tapping your screen to turn on, well, that's complicated; most modern smartphones have a bevy of sensors, of which some are used in conjunction to turn a screen on via a tap (see this link of typical sensors).

Some screens also don't fully turn off, just use a black screen overlay whilst display is still on.

Thus, I am unsure if the LCD screen on the DP-X1 could ever be tapped on, but I'll ask my contact anyway (no promises on any results).

^^

Great, and Thanks but you are right the other apps like KnockOn,double tap and etc are actually work but too many annoying ads and put the screen whitish washed black and drain the battery however they work and serve the purpose and i am sure Onkyo can develop some app to work on the LCD of DP-X1 because other developers are able to do so.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back