ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 13, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #7,156 of 16,326

This implies to me that it starts from 0 and doesn't remember any songs I played previously. So repeats?
angry_face.gif

That's the way any Android device that I've know behaves. It's impressive that the X7 has the ability to do otherwise.

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #7,157 of 16,326

That's the way any Android device that I've know behaves. It's impressive that the X7 has the ability to do otherwise.

Actually, this is a basic software feature that any music player can have, someone just needs to program it. it's not an "Android thing". 
L3000.gif

Play count aside, a few versions back I remember the DP-X1 music app would open up and display the last song played, but now that is gone?
blink.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #7,158 of 16,326
So having trouble purchasing MQA files. The sites that I have tried are located in Europe, and only allow you to purchase if your credit card is from Europe. This is what I encountered with Onkyo Music and Technics. Anyone have any other sources for purchasing MQA? Thx.

Apr 13, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #7,159 of 16,326
  So having trouble purchasing MQA files. The sites that I have tried are located in Europe, and only allow you to purchase if your credit card is from Europe. This is what I encountered with Onkyo Music and Technics. Anyone have any other sources for purchasing MQA? Thx.

The only ones I know of are linked here......
  Try these for purchases.
You can also find quite a few free tracks on these sites here with 2L having MQA free files 

Apr 13, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #7,160 of 16,326
I am hoping that more distributors will become MQA partners, currently quite limited in the music currently available.

Apr 13, 2016 at 6:37 PM Post #7,162 of 16,326
I understand do it might be a huge task to convert master tapes into MQA, but guys like Digitally Imported should start using it straight away as most of their music is new. I guess it will take a while until the whole recording to streaming chain takes up the new technology.

Apr 13, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #7,163 of 16,326
I was able to buy and put an MQA album to my DP, but it still only says it is a FLAC 48 kHz file even after I did the system update. Anyone else coming across this issue? On the ONKYO website it mentions that it could appear as a 48kHz file when downloading it, but it should then show it is a MQA file when you play it.

EDIT: Never mind. I had to update the Stock Music player through the Play Store. Now it shows the MQA.

Apr 13, 2016 at 9:36 PM Post #7,165 of 16,326
I understand do it might be a huge task to convert master tapes into MQA, but guys like Digitally Imported should start using it straight away as most of their music is new. I guess it will take a while until the whole recording to streaming chain takes up the new technology.

I wonder if it is a licensing issue, with Meridian looking to profit from their intellectual property?
confused.gif

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #7,166 of 16,326
Hi All,
Just got my Onkyo DP-X1. Listening first before I post impressions on here later! 
I can't seem to play DTS files on the stock app. Should I just look elsewhere on the Google Play store for an app that will? Any recommendations for DTS?
Cheers

PS - Thanks to everyone for posting. I exported the entire thread to PDF for offline reading during my commute which really helped me learn about this DAP. PM me if you want a copy. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #7,167 of 16,326
  Hi All,
Just got my Onkyo DP-X1. Listening first before I post impressions on here later! 
I can't seem to play DTS files on the stock app. Should I just look elsewhere on the Google Play store for an app that will? Any recommendations for DTS?
Cheers

PS - Thanks to everyone for posting. I exported the entire thread to PDF for offline reading during my commute which really helped me learn about this DAP. PM me if you want a copy. 

Nice, that must have been an interesting read for sure. Great DAP and it seems to be getting better with added functionality and improvements. I still hold out hope that one day it will be possible to use as a standalone DAC, but maybe that is just wishful thinking?

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #7,168 of 16,326
Does anyone know how the DP-X1 handles song play count?

When I power off the player and power it back on, the music application opens up and displays the "folder" tab. Also the last song played is not available. No image, nothing. very frustrating. (the X7 remembers the previous play list and last song)

This implies to me that it starts from 0 and doesn't remember any songs I played previously. So repeats? :angry_face:

Just powered up my dp-x1 and started the music app. Last song played is displayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back