ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Apr 11, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #7,066 of 16,326
I'm just waiting for Linum to release their 2.5mm balanced cable in the Bax (or is it Super Bax) range for my ACS as these have interchangeable cables. As this was the main reason when choosing the CIEM path I chose ACS

Is this the same ALO Audio Continental Dual Mono you mentioned earlier, only asked because of the price difference across the pond, thought there might be a few different versions?
:blink:  

I prefer Double Helix Cables but I've heard good things about Linum, so yeah pics and comments when you get your rig up!

As for CIEM's, even though Empire Ears might be sonically the best, I prefer the aesthetics and, from what I've read, the amorphous balanced sound quality of the Noble Audio K10.
However, that's a long way off. I'm more interested in getting a DHC Complement4 cable for my Audeze EL8 Titanium headphones (part of 2016 EL8 series) as I love it so much! :heart_eyes:

Also, yes, the very same ALO Continental Dual Mono.
ALO have released a DAC'less Continental 5, but that is single-ended only.
I want ALO to release their balanced CDM without DAC tbh...

Apr 11, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #7,068 of 16,326
  UK date format 
beyersmile.png
 rotfl

MQA
The news we've all been waiting for, I already have quite a few MQA files in preparation.

Now it's time for Tidal to do the honourable (UK spelling 
wink_face.gif
) and follow this news.

thumb_388_default_big.jpeg

The Onkyo “DP-X1” is the world’s first MQA enabled portable digital audio player.

The free update will be available worldwide on April 12th.

Please visit Google PlayTM to getthe latest “Music” app and enjoy MQA

Is the Onkyo Music App in the Google Play Store Different than the Stock Onkyo DP-X1? It seems when I go to the Google Play Store, it only provides an option to "Install". There is no option to "Update" which leads me to believe that it's a separate app. If the stock app is different than the Onkyo Music player from the app store, then what are the differences?

EDIT: I see there is both a Onkyo Music app and Onkyo HF Player in Android store, both of which are not the stock dp-x1 app?

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #7,069 of 16,326

Is the Onkyo Music App in the Google Play Store Different than the Stock Onkyo DP-X1? It seems when I go to the Google Play Store, it only provides an option to "Install". There is no option to "Update" which leads me to believe that it's a separate app. If the stock app is different than the Onkyo Music player from the app store, then what are the differences?

EDIT: I see there is both a Onkyo Music app and Onkyo HF Player in Android store, both of which are not the stock dp-x1 app?

The Onkyo Music app is I believe you need.

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #7,070 of 16,326
Apr 11, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #7,072 of 16,326
Apr 11, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #7,073 of 16,326
Apr 12, 2016 at 12:40 AM Post #7,076 of 16,326
It's here

Apr 12, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #7,077 of 16,326

Where is the best place to find MQA downloads? Will they be sold like other types of hi-rez audio files other then streaming? Thanks.

Try these for purchases.
You can also find quite a few free tracks on these sites here with 2L having MQA free files 

Apr 12, 2016 at 2:39 AM Post #7,079 of 16,326
That DAP looks so darn interesting. Anybody want to buy all my other gear so I can test it? :)

Looking forward to lots of impressions.

Am especially interested in hearing about the digital line out via usb. Can the digital signal be output after equalizing too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back