ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Mar 5, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #6,106 of 16,326

It was supposed to be available last July, and I bet that it is still not available !  

let's call this " a fake " just ment to generate PR : a marketing announcement....without real products for sale.

Did you check the link ?  I got this from my favorite photography-nerd website, so I assumed it is real (and $1000 usd).  Real or not, as many there pointed out, a lot of recent devices have firmware capable of accessing up to 2TB of data from micro SD so, I hope these huge capacities will eventually come.  I`m struggling with my 128gb card - it`s not nearly enough! 

Mar 5, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #6,107 of 16,326
So I have decided to sell my mint DP-X1. The listing I think is a very fair price (yes shameless plug) at $640 which includes one 64GB card. I have also provided a nice price incentive for the balanced cable in the listing as I strongly prefer to move them together. I love the DP-X1, as you all know, but given my use of Bluetooth headphones for portable, it is senseless to waste the quality hardware inside the DAP.

Mar 5, 2016 at 11:48 PM Post #6,109 of 16,326
Great price bro, I'm sure that will find a happy home. I'd grab it if I could root it, but not yet. So, Fiio X7 for me.

Thanks, why can't the DP-X1 be rooted? And out of curiosity, why do you need to root the OS anyway?

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #6,112 of 16,326
  For many people it is simply to install an AdBlocker.  Some people hope that customized ROMs will appear at places like XDA.  For others it's the hope of improving performance:  speed, reducing lag, battery longevity, etc.

But aren't rooted Android devices really at risk? I guess a DAP is less of a concern than a phone would be.

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:12 AM Post #6,113 of 16,326
Thanks, why can't the DP-X1 be rooted? And out of curiosity, why do you need to root the OS anyway?

Viper4Android. Best software for music. Night and day difference, especially for a basshead (me). Put it this way, I prefer my phone rooted over my AK240.

Kingroot is your friend.  However, make sure to remove the Kingroot software with one of the tools designed to remove Kingroot and replace it with SuperSU.

Has anyone tried king root with the Onkyo? I tried it on my Sony zx2, no luck.

But aren't rooted Android devices really at risk? I guess a DAP is less of a concern than a phone would be.

Yes, a little bit, just be more careful. Benefits outweigh the risk for me.

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #6,114 of 16,326
Viper4Android. Best software for music. Night and day difference, especially for a basshead (me). Put it this way, I prefer my phone rooted over my AK240.
Has anyone tried king root with the Onkyo? I tried it on my Sony zx2, no luck.
Yes, a little bit, just be more careful. Benefits outweigh the risk for me.

Do you not feel that Neutron for instance with an EQ for bass increase would be as good as the Viper4Android for overall quality of sound, not just considering bass? I'm going to research the Viper4Android as I think my Blackberry Leap may be able to run it, but I'm not sure. The Leap runs other Android apps very well, but not sure about that app.

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #6,115 of 16,326
It won't be able to bro. I prefer V4A over Neutron, to me it's no comparison. Besides the bass, the sound stage opens up greatly. But the bass selections are beyond ridiculous. I really mean beyond. If I had a choice between using my phone unamped and running V4A, or amped, with bass boost and stock Android. Give me V4A all day long. Just on sound alone, forget the brick setup. Ideally, both together.

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #6,116 of 16,326

Did you check the link ?  I got this from my favorite photography-nerd website, so I assumed it is real (and $1000 usd).  Real or not, as many there pointed out, a lot of recent devices have firmware capable of accessing up to 2TB of data from micro SD so, I hope these huge capacities will eventually come.  I`m struggling with my 128gb card - it`s not nearly enough! 

That 512GB microsd is simply vaporware - they didn't even have a working sample to show at Computex.
Refer to this for some updates on the situation: http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/microsd-card-512gb-microdia/

As for the 2TB reference, that is simply the SDXC standard, which supports up to 2TB.
Recent micro SD cards have not come close to that limit.

Mar 6, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #6,117 of 16,326
Audio Technica ATH-IM70 now sounds surprisingly great with self made 2.5 TRSS balanced cable in ACG mode, in 3.5 SE was not impressive, so 2.5 mm 4-pole balance headphone output is really works! I catch myself thinking that this combination sounds better than mojo.

Mar 6, 2016 at 7:07 AM Post #6,118 of 16,326
Has anyone had any shipping updates from PriceJapan recently?

Tomorrow will be three weeks since I placed my order and I have heard nothing since. I will get in touch with them.

My Dignis case will also arrive tomorrow, so I am eager for something to put in it 
smile.gif

For anyone interested import charges to UK were £7.18 VAT and £13.50 for the esteemed services of Parcelforce in collecting the £7 from me 
frown.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 7:24 AM Post #6,119 of 16,326

Tomorrow will be three weeks since I placed my order and I have heard nothing since. I will get in touch with them.

My Dignis case will also arrive tomorrow, so I am eager for something to put in it 
smile.gif

For anyone interested import charges to UK were £7.18 VAT and £13.50 for the esteemed services of Parcelforce in collecting the £7 from me 
frown.gif

I'd send an email to ask for an update. They don't seem to have the best handling of orders.
I personally had to email Kaneda twice just to get my DPA-PUX1 leather case shipped out.

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #6,120 of 16,326

My Dignis case will also arrive tomorrow, so I am eager for something to put in it :smile:  

For anyone interested import charges to UK were £7.18 VAT and £13.50 for the esteemed services of Parcelforce in collecting the £7 from me :frowning2:  

Kaneda mentioned to me mine will likely ship March 8, I ordered February 27 not using the fast option

Users who are viewing this thread

Back