1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419
Next

Last
  1. Chevalierr
    Finally, after a week upon receiving my onkyo i'm confident enough to share some impressions.

First off, Its being paired with my tried and trusted, 2 year old Noble Audio K10's and a brand new linum bax balanced cable.

i'm gonna keep it short cos i'm not very good with all the audio terms used, i L.O.V.E it.

I commute a lot to work and back home, a good 2 hours everyday and this thing has made them so lovely because.

The cable is DARN TOOTIN LIGHT, seems almost weightless and adds to the overall comfort. my ears don't feel weighed down.

Now, my last player was the ZX-1 and that thing is no slouch either BUT the onkyo trumps it in every department. Straight out of the box, I immediately notice a greater soundstage and there is a sense of quality to it.....i don't know how else to describe it except by calling it better resolution.

My tracks have been elevated and given more life, there is no fatigue, there is a top, middle and bottom and just an overall HOORAH about it. Soundwise, i'm loving it and i'm open to tinkering with it even more.

The build of it is nice and hefty, doesn't feel oversized at all but still packs a whole bunch of awesome tech goodness to it. haven't noticed any slowdown.

I have no problem streaming tidal. It does have an issue identifying my 5Ghz wifi network (trying to figure out why, haven't had the time)

the ONLY gripe i have is that I would have to charge it every two days but out of fear of running out of juice, i charge it while im at work.

Conclusion : The Onkyo DP-X1 is incredible value for money. Personally I prefer it over the AK120II and even the AK240. It's been a really long time since i've been excited about some new tech in my audio chain and i'm excited about this guy. I would have no qualms recommending this to anyone.

5QKMMv0l.jpg

masterpfa likes this.
  2. clarkydaz

ha ha I have that Linum balanced cable aswell with my onkyo, its like spider web! literally like wearing nothing. Glad you hear you enjoying your purchase

3. Peridot

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll email later tonight when they should be starting work in Japan. My order was almost two weeks before yours PoochZag so I hope we'll both be receiving our players shortly [​IMG]

4. singleended58

I am located in USA and have received my Onkyo DP-X1 exact 4weeks long. However, it is worth the wait. Now I am waiting for a balanced cable for my SE535 from Impact Audio Cables.

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

5. Duy Le
    If you only need a transporter and prefer portable than DSD128/DSD256 (via micro USB with Mojo), you can think about X5 2nd Gen :)
    If you need anything else, certainly DP-X1 is better. 

6. Peridot
    I contacted PriceJapan and had a prompt reply from Kaneda promising dispatch "no later than March 10".

So it's going to be on the way this week and I'm rather excited [​IMG]

Now I just need Beyerdynamic to ramp up production of the new T5p and get them out to a few more retailers. I've decided these are going to be the partner for my DP-X1 but they currently have limited availability at full list price. It's against my religion to pay full RRP for anything [​IMG] 

7. signoftimes
    Hi! Everyone,

I've been copying music files using my micro SD card using an SD card adapter via my Macbook.  I've been popping the micro SD cards from my DP-X1 and I think the spring mechanism is feeling a little worn (DP-X1 is only about a month old).  I'm trying to avoid doing that.

Can someone please point me to the link that helps me mount the storage on the DP-X1 so that I can drag and drop the music files onto the micro SDs instead of popping them in and out?  I am guessing one day it would just give way.

Thanks heaps!

8. clarkydaz

does the mac not see the onkyo direct when you connect? You don't need to remove the card

9. shadow04

Use Android File Transfer 

10. Layman1
    Regarding the 5GHz wifi issue, I know that someone on this thread posted a solution that seemed to work for others. Just a quick change to the settings on your DAP.
    Search this thread for "5GHz" and I'm sure you'll find it. I'd do it myself but I've just got back from hospital and really don't feel up to it yet! [​IMG]

And regarding the battery life, every two days is probably not short, but again, on here there were mentions about finding and deleting all Android 'bloatware' from the DAP (making sure you don't have apps/functions draining your battery unnecessarily), and also modifying the settings on the DAP to conserve battery life. I'm sure others on here can advise you accordingly!

Anyway, it's great to hear how happy you are with your purchase; by all accounts, once you start playing with some of the sound settings like AGC and sharpness etc, your enjoyment should reach epic new levels [​IMG]

11. 3ggerhappy
    The android to mac problem. You should install android file transfer.

12. Layman1
    Hi matey, kindly excuse my noob question, but I'm curious as to why the headphones invalidate the hardware of the DAP?
    Is it because you can't use balanced on bluetooth headphones and hence can only use one of the DACs in the player?
    So what setup will you be using instead of the DP-X1?
    Also, have you considered just replacing the headphones instead? [​IMG]
    I'd heard that bluetooth headphones were not as good as regular ones? But I have little knowledge of this!

13. signoftimes

Thanks!  Works like a charm!

14. Peridot

The setting change needed is on the wireless router. The 5GHz wireless channel number needs to be 36, 40, 44 or 48 in order for the DP-X1 to be able to see it.

15. masterpfa

Slightly off topic If you press the "Power" button and the "RWD" button together  and hold them for a few seconds (the top and bottom buttons)
    you can get a screenshot, would save having to use another device to take pictures
    [​IMG]

First

Back
399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408
410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419
Next

Last