ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 13, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #2,041 of 16,326
Yes ! I vouch for price Japan
biggrin.gif

Me too. even though I cancelled my pre-order for the DP-X1 I can say that the refund was given immediately after I e-mailed my cance3llation request. Any company that takes care of things that quickly impresses me, and they were extremely friendly about it as well.

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #2,042 of 16,326
Btw, for those looking to get a screen protector with the DP-X1, pricejapan currently has an option to add on the Onkyo DPA-GL033 screen protector for 2,670yen
blank.gif
on the Onkyo DP-X1's pre-order page!!
Just emailed them to see if they could add on the item to a pre-existing pre-order.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #2,043 of 16,326
  Btw, for those looking to get a screen protector with the DP-X1, pricejapan currently has an option to add on the Onkyo DPA-GL033 screen protector for 2,670yen
blank.gif
Just emailed them to see if they could add on the item to a pre-existing pre-order.
rolleyes.gif

is it a tempered glass? i'm only looking for that one

Dec 13, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #2,044 of 16,326

is it a tempered glass? i'm only looking for that one

Yes.
It's also made from Asahi glass, has rounded edges and oleophobic coating AFAIK.

Here is the google translated product description:
LCD screen protects the screen protector of high Asahi Glass Co., Ltd. glass of strong transmittance in shock. End face is carefully round edge processing is decorated with and classy finish. In addition, with less fingerprints and dirt, quick and wiped off special surface treatment it is characterized. Adhesive layer is also likely to remain the bubble, it has adopted a shatterproof silicon adhesive sheet when the cracked by any chance protective glass plate.

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:25 PM Post #2,045 of 16,326
I don't think it can put out 16hrs battery life be it SE or balanced. I'm using it for near 20mins and the battery has fell 10%.

I test it last week when I got my unit. From fully charge, I play it 10 hours without stop with mostly flac files (Wifi off and never touch or turn the screen on again), the battery indicator is downed to about 40%. 16 hours is probably doable.
Anybody has any idea which is the latest firmware? Couldn't find a link on their website too.

Here is info from my unit.

Android version: 5.1.1
Kernel version: 3.4.0 (Nov 10)

Onkyo screen protector is a joke. I manage to scratch it on my first day using it. Get the tempered glass screen protector two days ago. It now doing much better with fingerprint and feel on screen.

Dec 13, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #2,046 of 16,326
blank.gif
rolleyes.gif

Thank you!  I've just emailed Kaneda for my pre-order to ask that too.

Dec 14, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #2,049 of 16,326

Can they deliver with the 2nd batch within this week?

Unlikely. They just told me that they have not received news of any shipments coming in yet. :) Anyway, I added the screen protector to my order. Hopefully the next batch won't take too long to come.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #2,051 of 16,326
  how does this sound? no reviews yet?

There are a few sound impressions earlier in the thread. Look for posts by Dopaminer and Orky261. Basically sounds good, especially balanced output.

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #2,052 of 16,326
I did some brief comparisons spent about an hour with a set. Basically, the SE output was alright, but nothing majorly impressive to my ears. The balanced out though was quite a beast for what it does, very very open, airy and spacious, with fantastic resolution. I won't say that I would go for it single ended, but balanced it's a totally different story. It's unlike AK where differences between SE and balanced aren't too large, but differences for the Onkyo are pretty damn huge.

It's not the most musical device, but it's very impressive for it's price, def doesn't sound dead though :)

Dec 14, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #2,053 of 16,326
I did some brief comparisons spent about an hour with a set. Basically, the SE output was alright, but nothing majorly impressive to my ears. The balanced out though was quite a beast for what it does, very very open, airy and spacious, with fantastic resolution. I won't say that I would go for it single ended, but balanced it's a totally different story. It's unlike AK where differences between SE and balanced aren't too large, but differences for the Onkyo are pretty damn huge.

It's not the most musical device, but it's very impressive for it's price, def doesn't sound dead though
smily_headphones1.gif

Waiting for my balanced Toxic Cables piccolino to arrive next month, so I can A/B between those SE and balanced.

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #2,054 of 16,326
It's not the most musical device, but it's very impressive for it's price, def doesn't sound dead though
smily_headphones1.gif

Can you also please shortly compare SQ with Chord Mojo? Thanks.

Dec 14, 2015 at 3:03 AM Post #2,055 of 16,326
I was a the bic camera in in Nagatacho and they tell me it is totally out of stock.

Plugged my own sd card into the device but it did not seem to like each other as it would start syncing and the catastrophically fail and the sd card would like unmount itself after a few minutes. As a result I could only hear a minute or so of a couple of songs from my own collection. During that time in SE mode I couldn't find a lot wrong with.

Compare to the dx50 I am using it had totally pitch black background and sounds very good.

I would have bought it if there was available stock. Unfortunately the sales people tell me there is no hope of availability at the shops until 31 Jan by which time I will be gone from Tokyo.

The only songs I could listen to after a couple of frustrated aborted attempts was what was On the players SD card and bizarrely the only music on there was Disney's greatest hits the Japanese version so they had AKB48, AAA, and May J singing those Disney hit songs. Not my cup of tea and no way to comment on the sound quality since there was no way for me to compare the sound quality as I had no frame of reference.

I also listened to the zx100 and to my ears it sounds very good too. Very musical DAP with a warmer presentation. Bizarrely they also had Disney greatest hits on the zx100 but the English singer version! What is this with Disney?!!! But at least there were a couple of other tracks I recognised.

In the end I would go for the DPX1 (assuming if I use a freshly formatted card the sync works and doesn't dismount the card all the time) because it is a cleaner sound to my ears and my earphones and headphones all tend towards the warm side. Plus future proofing with dsd and the ability to download any android app and use and the ability to go balanced drive. If you like a warmer sound though I did find the zx100 to be immediately engaging.

Only very subjective impressions as the listening environment was noisy and the equipment was unfamiliar. Auditioned wit a pair of Sony mdr1 and my own Adele U6 universal 6 driver iem bought during kickstart.

If they fix the UI issues I think this is a very good jack of all trades DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back