ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 9, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #1,937 of 16,326

PS. The pre-installed screen protector has the stupid "Protection Sheet" marking on it which is an absolute eyesore...

Have you tried seeing if there is an actual screen protector under the 'protection sheet'?

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #1,938 of 16,326

Have you tried seeing if there is an actual screen protector under the 'protection sheet'?

There isn't; it peels off to reveal bare glass. The official glass screen protector is fantastic, though. Very high quality with slight rounded edges.

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #1,939 of 16,326
  There isn't; it peels off to reveal bare glass. The official glass screen protector is fantastic, though. Very high quality with slight rounded edges.

Thanks for the info.
Where did you get the glass screen protector from? (and how much did it cost?)

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #1,940 of 16,326

http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail95205.html  this one ?
Asked Dopaminer if he could get me one :p Now to wait for an elegant Digni leather case to be released 

Your posts today were good news! I'm not as eager as Gearofwar but slowly going that way

Dec 9, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #1,942 of 16,326
Did you run comparison's on the zx2 through the TRRS outputs?

Yes, he has TRRS. I did ask him about , just wanted to make sure if it works on Onkyo's single-ended, however, it doesn't 

Dec 9, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #1,943 of 16,326
Anyone able to give GoneMad Music Player a try? If it plays nicely with the dual Sabre dacs and Onkyo's volume levels, it may be an ideal alternative for users who aren't satisfied with the Onkyo player's media management capabilities. GoneMad has the best media management I can find on Android. It actually lets you browse by "Album Artist", has a nice UI and is very customizable.

Here are the instructions I made to enable GMMP to use CyanogenMod's AudioFX (MaxxAudio) DSP (rather than GMMP's own DSP or the Android stock DSP). Possibly the settings (one way or the other) will have an effect on the DP-X1 as well.

1. Go to Settings > Audio > Equalizer.
2. Make sure that "Use GMMP EQ" and "Use External DSP" are both ticked. (Note that not ticking "Use GMMP EQ", will force GMMP to use the stock Android DSP instead of AudioFX. You must instead disable the GoneMad EQ separately as described below) 
3. Exit settings and go back to the main app front end.
4. Click the three horizontal lines icon in the left corner of the app
5. Go to "Effects" and disable "Equalizer".
6. Finally, open up AudioFX and make sure it's enabled. You should be ready to rock n roll now.

Dec 9, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #1,944 of 16,326
  Anyone able to give GoneMad Music Player a try? If it plays nicely with the dual Sabre dacs and Onkyo's volume levels, it may be an ideal alternative for users who aren't satisfied with the Onkyo player's media management capabilities. GoneMad has the best media management I can find on Android. It actually lets you browse by "Album Artist", has a nice UI and is very customizable.

Here are the instructions I made to enable GMMP to use CyanogenMod's AudioFX (MaxxAudio) DSP (rather than GMMP's own DSP or the Android stock DSP). Possibly the settings (one way or the other) will have an effect on the DP-X1 as well.

Interesting, someone needs to to try this and see if it works. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #1,945 of 16,326
  http://www.fujiya-avic.jp/products/detail95205.html  this one ?
Asked Dopaminer if he could get me one :p Now to wait for an elegant Digni leather case to be released 

Your posts today were good news! I'm not as eager as Gearofwar but slowly going that way

Yes, that one.

Okay so I've used it for about 6 hours straight today in ACG mode playing 16/44 and 16/48 and 40% battery was consumed while it was in airplane mode. Just an indication of what the battery life is like.

Dec 10, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #1,946 of 16,326
hey guys,
i am having plans to get this dap. but will it be of any use to me if i don't intend to take my music collection beyond 320kbps mp3? taking only sq into consideration?
i currently own fiio x3ii and shure se846.

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #1,947 of 16,326
@varunaravind92 This can actually compete with AK240 on its own for this kind of price, X3ii is like low-mid end solution, not to sound snobbish but it is quite a step up.

Dec 10, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #1,948 of 16,326
hey guys,
i am having plans to get this dap. but will it be of any use to me if i don't intend to take my music collection beyond 320kbps mp3? taking only sq into consideration?
i currently own fiio x3ii and shure se846.

The best source in the world can only sound its best with what it's given. Sorry but 320kbps mp3 is lossy, meaning some details are lost. If all your songs are that i don't think you should go beyond the x3ii. The minimum should be CD quality, eg. 44.1kHz/16bit lossless files.

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #1,949 of 16,326
  @varunaravind92 This can actually compete with AK240 on its own for this kind of price, X3ii is like low-mid end solution, not to sound snobbish but it is quite a step up.

But at normal listening levels, no hi-end player has any advantage over any low-end player. It is all down to personal preference. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #1,950 of 16,326
But at normal listening levels, no hi-end player has any advantage over any low-end player. It is all down to personal preference. 

You mean AK240 and iPod Shuffle has no different in sound quality?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back