ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Dec 1, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #1,711 of 16,326

Does anyone have any idea to contact Onkyo's customer service? I've been stuck trying to install XDAP app to interface with my DP-X1, I just can't navigate through Japanese site, they are much more confusing than US/EU based company website.

http://customercarecontacts.com/contact-of-onkyo-customer-service/

Dec 1, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #1,712 of 16,326
So, external USB DAC function is true, according to this Japanese site?!!

blink.gif

https://translate.google.co.in/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20151014_725416.html&prev=search

Dec 1, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #1,713 of 16,326
http://customercarecontacts.com/contact-of-onkyo-customer-service/

Love that link: contact-of-onkyo-customer-service/. 

Those five words explain basically everything about living in Japan.

Dec 1, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #1,714 of 16,326
I'll be adding some extra impression now because I find this set up is kinda on the unique side.

Onkyo DP-X1 -> Lehmann Audio Traveller -> FAD Hope VI

This setup got a vast sound stage, very transparent and so resolute to the point it sometimes feels too spaced out in songs without many happening in the background. I was listening to American Idiot and Sing for Absolution, the background is silent and I feel like I can just pick the instruments out from the song. The bass is on the leaner side but it feels really natural, it's really fun to listen. Currently listening to the Muse's album Absolution, I can't just hit the pause button. This might be strange but Soldier's Poem early part of guitar picking feels a bit like listening to ASMR.

Dec 1, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #1,715 of 16,326
Been following this thread awhile, glad you finally got your hands on them. Like you I'd tolerate a bit of interface niggles in exchange for a stellar sound. Looking forward to more impressions from you. Congrats on the purchase. I think balanced might be the star of this gadget.

Yep...   balanced is going to be the way to go....  got my Linum Bax balanced cable on order... can't wait to use this cable in balance mode....

Dec 1, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #1,716 of 16,326
deleted

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #1,717 of 16,326
Pricejapan:
"Other pre-orders received before Nov 10, we may be able to ship it around Dec 15.
Other orders received after Nov 10 will be shipped in 5-6 weeks after its payment is received."

Life without DAP for a whole month. Now I know the meaning of pain. I must say I miss my old DX90.

Edit - Just saw an option for 3 year warranty by Onkyo at Pricejapan. It cost 10,500 Yen.

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:41 PM Post #1,719 of 16,326
Is it possible to browse/filter by Album Artist in the stock player?

Nobody seems to get this right except Apple. It baffles me how many companies are oblivious to the fact that compilations and DJ mixes have various artists and browsing through a list of hundreds of artists (often with obscure names and only one track in your library) is a bad user exp. Its all about adding them trending features to sell more units rather than making the darn thing work right.

Also the lack of album art while playing is bizarre in this day and age. Why even have a big beautiful screen? I'm guessing Onkyo displays their big beautiful logo everywhere though - which is what they do with their play store app.

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #1,720 of 16,326
While it sounds like this will be an excellent performing DAP (assuming they actually do any work on the UI) I am now quite glad that I cancelled my pre-order. I must admit I'm a little shocked that Onkyo is experiencing user issues. As somebody just mentioned, Sony seems to know how to release a market ready product makes you wonder why the rest of them can't? Now if only Sony figured out that having an actual amplifier in their DAPs was important. I'll be considering getting the Onkyo in 2016 when hopefully it has matured as a product.

Dec 1, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #1,721 of 16,326
  While it sounds like this will be an excellent performing DAP (assuming they actually do any work on the UI) I am now quite glad that I cancelled my pre-order. I must admit I'm a little shocked that Onkyo is experiencing user issues. As somebody just mentioned, Sony seems to know how to release a market ready product makes you wonder why the rest of them can't? Now if only Sony figured out that having an actual amplifier in their DAPs was important. I'll be considering getting the Onkyo in 2016 when hopefully it has matured as a product.

Yup...my thoughts exactly. I'm going with the FiiO X7 for now. At least FiiO upgrades their FWs often and the amp modules by 3rd parties seem promising. Hell...maybe even the Geek Wave will show up in 2016. 
wink_face.gif

Dec 1, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #1,722 of 16,326
  Yep...   balanced is going to be the way to go....  got my Linum Bax balanced cable on order... can't wait to use this cable in balance mode....

That cable is Wonderfull !!! Fantastic. i ordered it few months ago and i'm using it with my Shure SE846 couple with my AK120 II : what a great sound !!!
I can hear mu ear thanking me all time i'm listening music ! Waou !!!

I'm sure you will enjoy sound from that cable : Linum Bax balanced.

sam

Dec 1, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #1,723 of 16,326
It looks like yodobashi camera still have a good amount in stock so if you are willing to pay for it you could buy it from yodobashi camera and ship it via tenso.

I am hoping i can demo it when i get to Japan in mid Dec, but by then they may be out of stock ... Sigh

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #1,725 of 16,326

What are the issues?

This damn site is so flakey lately. You post a response and half the time it will just include the quote, but not what I wrote. Rant over, anyway, I should have been more specific in saying UI issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back