ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Nov 30, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #1,696 of 16,328
Sorry. I'm not professional in English term or music genre
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't fret, even the Japanese themselves misuse the term.  

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #1,698 of 16,328
i think we would like to see more comparisons to daps like sony zx2, cowon p1 and maybe ak240 or ak380 so we can can get a sense of how it competes

I would add the Questyle QP1R to the list too.

Nov 30, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #1,699 of 16,328
Actually you can use a third party app specifically for folder browsing which can open music files automatically into the onkyo music app for playback, then with a press of the back button you will be back in the folder browser app where you left off before, or you could stay in the onkyo music app and browse the songs in the same album etc. Android ftw, there is an app for everything, and the onkyo's cpu/ram specs ensure it will operate smoothly.
if you read what the Indonesian user wrote in the last page, you would see that he said that didn't work for him.

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #1,702 of 16,328
i am not buying this dap until i read about a solid comparison with other daps like zx2, cowon p1, qp1r

as enough is enough with the hype wagon that can be read in almost all threads for products listed everywhere, especially for daps, as really i find daps do not have that much of a difference among them contrary to headphones and dac/amps which make a huge difference in sq

you read wow a great dap, amp, dac ,,,, man i am tired of all the wows and then be smashed with a real boooo once i get a product

anyway i am still having high hopes for the onkyo dap but i will need solid comparison reviews before pulling the trigger 

Nov 30, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #1,704 of 16,328
if you find daps don't have much of a difference SQ wise then i think you should choose the one you prefer the most based on the feature set.

U r right and still onkyo is on my radar for next month purchases i just need to wait for comparison reviews first

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #1,705 of 16,328
  have you tried any streaming services on dp-x1 ie. Tidal, qobuz, or apple music?

Haven't tried Qobuz, Tidal is no go because region restriction and I have no iOS account.

i am not buying this dap until i read about a solid comparison with other daps like zx2, cowon p1, qp1r

as enough is enough with the hype wagon that can be read in almost all threads for products listed everywhere, especially for daps, as really i find daps do not have that much of a difference among them contrary to headphones and dac/amps which make a huge difference in sq

you read wow a great dap, amp, dac ,,,, man i am tired of all the wows and then be smashed with a real boooo once i get a product

anyway i am still having high hopes for the onkyo dap but i will need solid comparison reviews before pulling the trigger 

Yeah I'll try to compare it at the end of this week.

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #1,706 of 16,328
Just got my hands on.

Been following this thread awhile, glad you finally got your hands on them. Like you I'd tolerate a bit of interface niggles in exchange for a stellar sound. Looking forward to more impressions from you. Congrats on the purchase. I think balanced might be the star of this gadget.

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #1,707 of 16,328
One thing I notice while hearing this DAP is that songs with guitars really come to life, the riffs really feels clean sounding.

Music to my ears (pun intended).
Thanks for posting your first impressions earlier by the way. As you know, there isn't much out there!

Dec 1, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #1,708 of 16,328

If they don't have much difference, you might as well save your pennies and stop buying new ones then. Spend on headphones/IEMs/cables instead?

Dec 1, 2015 at 5:24 AM Post #1,710 of 16,328

Does anyone have any idea to contact Onkyo's customer service? I've been stuck trying to install XDAP app to interface with my DP-X1, I just can't navigate through Japanese site, they are much more confusing than US/EU based company website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back