ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Sep 13, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #31 of 16,326
  The game of industry is really up to Onkyo and Pioneer now.
AK380 can't play DSD256 nor it has a quadcore snapdragon CPU (the same CPU of Samsung Note 4). 
AK380 and AK240 suffer from very short battery life (4 hours) but this new device doesn't (10 hours).
AK380 has only one microSD slot while this one has two. 

AK380 is 3,499 dollars (4,499 dollars include an amp)... if Onkyo and Pioneer guys decide around $500, the game is pretty much set. 
iRiver will never be able to put their feet in the market again for the next 10 years unless they refund all the money to their buyers and reduce their price. 
X7 will not be able to even compete with this spec... it will be just another Chinese device which people will not buy. 

The Pioneer XDP-100R will probably be in the ball park of $500, the Onkyo DP-X1 will obviously be more than that, hopefully not too much more.

I agree that Onkyo and Pioneer could nicely shame AK with these daps. The Onkyo and Pioneer will likely do everything better than the AK line. The markups on the AK daps are criminal. I never bought an AK product, not because I couldn't afford it but because I did not want to support a company that is so greedy. But different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:16 PM Post #32 of 16,326

The Pioneer version will hopefully be in the ball park of $500, the Onkyo version will obviously be more than that, hopefully not too much more.

I agree that Onkyo and Pioneer could nicely shame AK with these daps. The Onkyo and Pioneer will likely do everything better than the AK line. The markups on the AK daps are criminal. I never bought an AK product, not because I couldn't afford it but because I did not want to support a company that is so greedy. But different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Pioneer has been in the industry since long time ago with their earbuds, CD players, etc. Their products are usually affordable. I don't think they will choose to charge so much money like iRiver guys. This isn't better than Samsung Note 4 anyways...not even HTC.

Sep 13, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #33 of 16,326

The Pioneer version will hopefully be in the ball park of $500, the Onkyo version will obviously be more than that, hopefully not too much more.

This....is why I will buy one even though my Note 4 with outboard dac is awesome....love me some ONKYO  and ****...I had a nice old Pioneer receiver stacked on my ONKYO at one time
biggrin.gif

Sep 15, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #34 of 16,326
 Oh I'm sold already. The ram and screen of the X7 already made me un sub from the thread.  I'm all over this thing.

Yes, but which one can Hawaiibadboy mod to put my Rory Gallagher Custom theme on!!!! It still rocks, cheers mate.

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #36 of 16,326
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/09/onkyo-pioneer-announce-mqa-equipped-xdp-100r-dap/

Sep 15, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #38 of 16,326
^ Yeah. We already new all the info that DAR mentioned, but there aren't many English websites reporting on these two daps, so DAR is probably just trying to spread the word. Although many websites write fluff articles just to get some extra hits, so there's also that possibility lol.

Sep 15, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #41 of 16,326
The DP-X1 looks really interesting. This could be the DAP to replace my DX100.

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #43 of 16,326
2 slots is a WINNER !  

Sep 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #44 of 16,326
  In case anyone missed it, the DP-X1 and XDP-100R do in-fact have line outs. Line out mode is selected in software through the settings tab "Output Audio Route", and operates through the same 3.5mm jack, pretty cool.

Thanks for information and DP-X1 does not look like well built DAP whereas XDP-100R is, so is it from different product line or from Pioneer line? Thanks

Sep 15, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #45 of 16,326
The end of AK is finally here...

I'm definitely in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back