1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by t.r.a.n.c.e., Sep 11, 2015.
First

Back
954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963
965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974
Next

Last
  1. gto88
    Sorry, interrupt a bit.
    I am thinking to sell my DP-X1A.
    Having it on desk for months, just use it once to try it out.
    Any one might be interested, send me PM.
    I will post it to trade thread later when I have time to make it.

2. Jephre
    I'm curious about the DP-X1A/X1. How are firmware updates with Onkyo lately? Are they still actively supporting this player?

3. che15
    Has anyone experienced noise with 3rd party apps, I tried 5 including tidal and they all make noise.

4. snafu1
    I've only had the DP-X1 for about 6 weeks. Correct me if I'm wrong - but since this runs on Android 5.1.1 we won't see system firmware updates. Instead we have updates to the Onkyo Music Player app. Which was recently updated on March 14th.

5. DBaldock9
    Since the DP-X1 was released, about a year ago, I believe there have been two firmware updates - one soon after the DAP was first shipping, and one just recently, when they began shipping the DP-X1A. Onkyo has still not delivered a firmware update to provide the originally advertised USB DAC functionality.

Jephre likes this.
  6. darkarn
    I don't recall them advertising such an issue

7. DBaldock9
    Just looked back at the beginnings of this thread, and you're correct.

I came to this thread at the end of last Summer, when people were speculating about Onkyo releasing a USB DAC firmware update - and thought it was something that had been planned, but delayed.

8. Hunki Chunki
    Hey guys, anyone know if the dp1xa supports balanced line out (edited: I mean fixed level line out) on the 2.5mm output? So i can feed an external balanced amp. Or is line out only via the 3.2mm single-ended output. thanks!

edited for clarity :wink:

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  9. snafu1
    The 2.5mm jack does support balanced output.

Hunki Chunki likes this.
  10. DBaldock9
    I've got a DP-X1 (not the "A"), and I use the 2.5mm TRRS balanced headphone output to drive earphones & earbuds.
    I've also used the 3.5mm TRS unbalanced output in fixed line level output mode.

But I don't yet have an amp with balanced line level inputs, to test whether the 2.5mm TRRS jack can also function as a balanced fixed line level output - which the volume knob doesn't control.
    I am working towards assembling a balanced single-ended Class A headphone amplifier (probably using a pair of XRK Pocket Class A NHB (No Holds Barred - Hand-tuned) amps).

Take Care,
    David Baldock

11. Hunki Chunki
    Ah yes that is what I mean, whether that 2.5mm supports the fixed line level output function as well (the 3.5mm does of course)

12. K1N1
    Have you tried DP-X1A? I am looking for some sound comparison on X5 iii and DP-X1A, but hard to find any.

Jephre and kfarndog like this.
  13. howdy
    I have both, what do you want to know?

I should say that its the first one (b) not A

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  14. TheNoose
    Can anyone help me please? Why am I only getting sound out of the left channel? And it sounds like mono? I've attached pics hope you can view them, let me know please.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  15. howdy
    Obvious question, did you push hard so that its plugged in all the way?

First

Back
954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963
965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974
Next

Last