ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 31, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #13,396 of 16,326

Spec are on paper....
My Onkyo lasts about 4-5 hours in airplane mode, not very loud listening, very depending on files resolution. HR files consumes lot of processor and all goes from battery. If to use balanced - it run out much more quicker.
Of course if somebody will be listening mp3 files and not browsing internet... 22 hours ... Maybe.
One thing it is paper, another - real life. :)

Sorry, but my DP-X1 playing nothing but Flacs at reasonable volume all day plays for over 9 hours without a single recharge. I have 2 SDXC cards in the device, Wifi enabled (and connected), bluetooth disabled and most background apps (Google junk) disabled and it just plays and plays and plays and plays...

No power / battery issues here.

Don't post your findings as if they are the absolute truth please. At most your findings are related to your device, your usage and your configuration, not to be stated as a general fact.

Jan 31, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #13,397 of 16,326

Sorry, but my DP-X1 playing nothing but Flacs at reasonable volume all day plays for over 9 hours without a single recharge. I have 2 SDXC cards in the device, Wifi enabled (and connected), bluetooth disabled and most background apps (Google junk) disabled and it just plays and plays and plays and plays...

Don't post your findings as if they are the absolute truth please. At most your findings are related to your device, your usage and your configuration, not to be stated as a general fact.

DP-X1 - almost a year old now. Used/charged almost everyday.

Setup :
Both airplane & bluetooth off.
Upsampling - ON - 192kHz
Low Gain 2 setting.
Lock Range Adjust - 1 step back towards Narrow from Normal.
Digital Filter - Slow/Sharp (MQA only)
ACG only with balanced connection - iem Shure SE846 - volume from 130 to 145 - iem filters - knowles Brown dampers.
Uninstalled all unnecessary stock apps. Disabled/hide all within android.
Screen off within 1 minute/ Brightness at half.
Switch off/disable all notifications.
Only left Music, Playstore, Clock, Setting App.
Both SD card slots used - 300gb used out of 400gb
From full charge to complete drain non stop - playing only flacs from 44kHZ to 192kHz, DSD at 2.8MHz & MQA 352.8kHz. 

It lasted about 9 hours so far.
Still satisfied.

:)

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:25 AM Post #13,400 of 16,326

I never claim for absolute truth. My mistake - I do not stated that I am playing 24/192 resolution files, AGC balanced mode mostly, more than moderate volume. It drains battery quickly.
Specifications says : battery life with HR files - 16 hours. You are stating - over 9 hours (how much - 9,5?) That was point of my message - paper it is far away from real life. That's it.

Peace :) anyway, Onkyo sounds good :)

Jan 31, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #13,401 of 16,326

I never claim for absolute truth. My mistake - I do not stated that I am playing 24/192 resolution files, AGC balanced mode mostly, more than moderate volume. It drains battery quickly.
Specifications says : battery life with HR files - 16 hours. You are stating - over 9 hours (how much - 9,5?) That was point of my message - paper it is far away from real life. That's it.

Peace :) anyway, Onkyo sounds good :)

That was exactly my point: You play files in another format, which may cause a higher battery drain. As much as I enjoy this forum, i regularly notice people making statements and other people basing opinions on that, followed by other people claiming that what was stated in the first place is not true (in their case).

Anyway, my DP-X1 easily lasts a long working day. I ran it for 9,5 hours without the battery being fully depleted. I only play files in Flac format and run the DP-X1 single ended on my NOCS NS800 with volume set around 140 (variable line out is enabled). I have the equalizer and DSP disabled and have the screen set to medium brightness. All unnecessary apps (calendar, games, Google-stuff and basically anything unrelated to music) are either uninstalled or disabled. I only use the device for playing music, so there's no junk on it.

In other words: clean as a whistle, sounds great and -as far as I'm concerned- it's stamina is perfect for my needs.

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #13,403 of 16,326
i had issues with my onkyo, and still have them , the battery life is crap, and the volume is too low, i  made some adjustments and got a bit more volume by changing the gain, but having compared it to astell kern 100, and today my brothers fiio x3, the volume is just not enough for me using mdr z7s from sony, my brothers x3 absoultely killed it....any sound improvements on the onkyo are not worth the lack of power, i think the onkyo is an embarrassment personally..

if any one can please help me make this onkyo louder you will make me a very happy man, at present i  hate this thing and am probably going to out it very soon, i must be the only person who dislikes it...

Jan 31, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #13,404 of 16,326
i had issues with my onkyo, and still have them , the battery life is crap, and the volume is too low, i  made some adjustments and got a bit more volume by changing the gain, but having compared it to astell kern 100, and today my brothers fiio x3, the volume is just not enough for me using mdr z7s from sony,

if any one can please help me make this onkyo louder you will make me a very happy man, at present i  hate this thing and am probably going to out it very soon, i must be the only person who dislikes it...

Have you made sure your firmware is current and music app is the latest version? Also, i would try a factory reset if nothing else works. Good Luck.

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #13,405 of 16,326
  i had issues with my onkyo, and still have them , the battery life is crap, and the volume is too low, i  made some adjustments and got a bit more volume by changing the gain, but having compared it to astell kern 100, and today my brothers fiio x3, the volume is just not enough for me using mdr z7s from sony, my brothers x3 absoultely killed it....any sound improvements on the onkyo are not worth the lack of power, i think the onkyo is an embarrassment personally..

For maximum output, have you checked these settings?

Settings > Sound & notification > Gain setting = High
Settings > Sound & notification > Output select = Balanced

Jan 31, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #13,406 of 16,326
i  haven't dl the latest firmware and i really wish i didnt have to but will, i bet it doesnt work out and another evening is gone  ,i  just want it to play hte damn thing, using the graphic equalizer knocks 20% off the volume , i detest little devices that dictate to me , but it seems like im a slave to this thing , every time i pick it up it needs a charge , i cant take it out with piece of mind im going to be able to listen to it if i decide to for fear the battery has gone , it has its moments , but i dont know , i  guess im past the tinkering stage in life...winds me up no end...

Jan 31, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #13,409 of 16,326
For fun, if power is what you are looking for I think fiio always has an upper hand.

Nowadays, most BA iem are expensive and very easy to be driven even by iPhone (15mW approx)

While dpx1 is 75mW which is even better than Sony wm1a (45mW @ 32ohm)

Even Sony suggest to use their PHA3 amp to drive the Z7 which is their home use big earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back