ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Jan 30, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #13,366 of 16,326
I have been on the fence about getting the DP-X1 or waiting for the Fiio X5-iii.  Chomping at the bit to replace my lost Pono, I went ahead and ordered my DP-X1.  Could be here as early as tomorrow!  I'm currently going through my flac & DSD collection deciding what will be my first album in the new DAP...

I think you'll be happy. The FiiO android build is still a disaster

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #13,367 of 16,326
Ok, I did a reset.  Working now, and installed Tidal.  Still working fine.  Thanks.  I suspect it was the Google update which caused the issue.  At least that is what is pointed to on the Android phone forums. I will likely reinstall Deezer also, and Onkyo store app.  All from their recommended apps list.
If it happens again I will just reset it and return it.  Too busy for glitchy products...

Jan 30, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #13,369 of 16,326

My opinion above

> :  Heir 10.0 => UE18Pro > Andromeda > W60 / SE846 / Rosie

Thank you for your answer .
I def love the Heir 10.0 Design , but Heir and UE18Pro are a bit more expensive, Andromeda and Rosie already at the top of my budget .
What's about the Hier 5.0 ?

Are they release that much better and worth to wait a bit more to buy them ? Considering i can actually buy the Rosie brand new for 800$ .

Jan 30, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #13,371 of 16,326
Thank you for your answer .
I def love the Heir 10.0 Design , but Heir and UE18Pro are a bit more expensive, Andromeda and Rosie already at the top of my budget .
What's about the Hier 5.0 ?

Are they release that much better and worth to wait a bit more to buy them ? Considering i can actually buy the Rosie brand new for 800$ .

Rosie is good for pop & bass lover. Angie2 is good for female vocal. I think Angie2 > Rosie.

Jan 31, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #13,380 of 16,326
I find that comforting and reassuring.  Sounds like I am definitely making the right decision buying a DPX1A when I have the money and avoiding the Fiio X5 3 at least until the bugs are worked out.

Cheers

Riley

In lastest firmware which is open box firmware version for international version, still found no bug in daily usage, streaming is fine.

I tried both, both are fine in build quility and ui. Onkyo device design and ui design is more luxurious but I live x5iii sound signature :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back